Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis and Linda

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 pm

On Tour - most likely in 1973.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:35 am

Where are you getting your images from? I'm amazed at the poor quality :( Are these screen caps or something? Old newspapers?

Just curious...

Re: Elvis and Linda

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:54 am

Vissie wrote:I'm amazed at the poor quality


and the frequency ...

Re: Elvis and Linda

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:25 am

E-Cat wrote:
Vissie wrote:I'm amazed at the poor quality


and the frequency ...


You made me giggle ;)

Re: Elvis and Linda

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 am

It looks like they're leaving Graceland. That's Red West to Linda's left. He was a friend and bodyguard.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's Red West to Linda's left. He was a friend and bodyguard.

:?: you can´t be serious, doc!
do you really have to explain? on this very place here??
... i´m speechless ... what happened to the doc, folks? someone hacked his account or what?

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:23 am

Christopher wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:That's Red West to Linda's left. He was a friend and bodyguard.

:?: you can´t be serious, doc!

Oh, I am so serious.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:27 am

What's there to dispute? Red was probably the oldest friend Elvis had at one point.

Is anyone challenging his role of bodyguard as well ? :lol:

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:55 am

you didn´t get my point, steve.
explaining that red was his friend & bodyguard on a board like this, is like pointing out on a symposium for zoologists, that an elephant is a big animal with a long proboscis.

Image

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:36 am

Christopher wrote:you didn´t get my point, steve. ..explaining that red was his friend & bodyguard on a board like this, is like pointing out on a symposium for zoologists, that an elephant is a big animal with a long proboscis.


...most people would not even have realised it was RW sitting next to Linda ..so DJC's input does add value...

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 am

E-Cat wrote:...most people would not even have realised it was RW sitting next to Linda ..so DJC's input does add value...

that´s right, e-cat (and i´m one of them).
i was just surprised about his explanation about red, pointing out who he was. i considered it as unnecessary.
nuff said, cause it´s not that important.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:25 am

Christopher wrote:i was just surprised about his explanation about red, pointing out who he was ...

It was delivered strictly "tongue-in-cheek" -- in another topic, the poster here put up an image of Charlie Hodge, asking members if it was Elvis.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:27 am

The speel I've seen on this MB in the past - and on others - you would think that Red, and his cousin, were Elvis' arch enemies the way people speek about their one time retaliation of a book against Elvis' cold blooded firing of them by his father. To point out that Red was a friend, and a long term one at that compared to many who passed through Elvis' life in the night, is a welcome site to see and one that deswerves to be mentioned now and again to address the balance.

to say it is obvious is to be ignorant of the bigger fandom picture.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:04 am

Steve_M wrote:The speel I've seen on this MB in the past - and on others - you would think that Red, and his cousin, were Elvis' arch enemies the way people speek about their one time retaliation of a book against Elvis' cold blooded firing of them by his father. To point out that Red was a friend, and a long term one at that compared to many who passed through Elvis' life in the night, is a welcome site to see and one that deswerves to be mentioned now and again to address the balance.

to say it is obvious is to be ignorant of the bigger fandom picture.


Shouldn't people be allowed to make up their own minds about Red?

Just curious...

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:12 am

Vissie wrote:Shouldn't people be allowed to make up their own minds about Red?

Just curious...

After 30 years, I shudder to imagine anyone who has YET to make up their mind about the 1976 firing of West and its aftermath.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:28 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Vissie wrote:Shouldn't people be allowed to make up their own minds about Red?

Just curious...

After 30 years, I shudder to imagine anyone who has YET to make up their mind about the 1976 firing of West and its aftermath.


Unless I'm completely misunderstanding him, I think SteveM feels there is only one way to regard Red. I was just curious if we were allowed our own feelings (as some of us may not agree with Steve's viewpoint) ~

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:59 am

No, he is not saying that.

Steve is only pointing out it's good to see the usual vitriol against Red tempered by a reminder that West was a friend and bodyguard for many, many years.

Of course, my original reply was only meant to provide a gentle laugh. Ha ha.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:30 am

Vissie wrote:
Steve_M wrote:The speel I've seen on this MB in the past - and on others - you would think that Red, and his cousin, were Elvis' arch enemies the way people speek about their one time retaliation of a book against Elvis' cold blooded firing of them by his father. To point out that Red was a friend, and a long term one at that compared to many who passed through Elvis' life in the night, is a welcome site to see and one that deswerves to be mentioned now and again to address the balance.

to say it is obvious is to be ignorant of the bigger fandom picture.


Shouldn't people be allowed to make up their own minds about Red?

Just curious...


Yes, they should, why do you ask? Have I mentioned that people should think anything differnet? quote it.

I only mention that to see Red mentioned as a friend is a welcome site to see and one that deserves to be mentioned now and again to address the balance.

You say you are curious. I'm sure you are if you say so, but could you give us a clue as to what it is you are just curious about?

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Steve_M wrote:
Vissie wrote:
Steve_M wrote:The speel I've seen on this MB in the past - and on others - you would think that Red, and his cousin, were Elvis' arch enemies the way people speek about their one time retaliation of a book against Elvis' cold blooded firing of them by his father. To point out that Red was a friend, and a long term one at that compared to many who passed through Elvis' life in the night, is a welcome site to see and one that deswerves to be mentioned now and again to address the balance.

to say it is obvious is to be ignorant of the bigger fandom picture.


Shouldn't people be allowed to make up their own minds about Red?

Just curious...


Yes, they should, why do you ask? Have I mentioned that people should think anything differnet? quote it.

I only mention that to see Red mentioned as a friend is a welcome site to see and one that deserves to be mentioned now and again to address the balance.

You say you are curious. I'm sure you are if you say so, but could you give us a clue as to what it is you are just curious about?


I read your original post as you being someone who was pro-Red. It seemed to me that you felt others should adopt the same pov. End of curiosity.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:27 pm

Well I hope you can establish what the problem is and address it, or at least be aware that you have this problem you mention and take it into account when posting. I recall you having a similar problem the other week so I'm aware this is an ongoing situation and not a one-off.

I'n not pro Red nor anti Red..
In my original post, and subsequent one I mentioned about balance. Red did some unfriendly things to Elvis, and Elvis likewise.
But, Red was very kind and considerate to Elvis and in return Elvis did the same. For people to suggest Red wasn't a friend of Elvis' because of one retaliating gesture means Red gets tarred with a brush manufactured from ignorance. I don't mind people being of the opinion Red was unfriendly to Elvis but it's an empty opinion if those "70's fans only" know nothing, or worse - can't be bothered to know anything, of the long history their relationship had going way back to High School. another word to go with "balance" would be "context".

It would be similar to someone only ever hearing Elvis sing Old MacDonald and deciding that Elvis recorded pretty lame material. Whilst that song was pretty lame material to most, it would be out of context to base that opinion of Elvis on that recording alone.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:30 am

Steve_M wrote:Well I hope you can establish what the problem is and address it, or at least be aware that you have this problem you mention and take it into account when posting. I recall you having a similar problem the other week so I'm aware this is an ongoing situation and not a one-off.


What on earth are you talking about? Please don't concern yourself with me.


I'n not pro Red nor anti Red..
In my original post, and subsequent one I mentioned about balance. Red did some unfriendly things to Elvis, and Elvis likewise.

But, Red was very kind and considerate to Elvis and in return Elvis did the same. For people to suggest Red wasn't a friend of Elvis' because of one retaliating gesture means Red gets tarred with a brush manufactured from ignorance. I don't mind people being of the opinion Red was unfriendly to Elvis but it's an empty opinion if those "70's fans only" know nothing, or worse - can't be bothered to know anything, of the long history their relationship had going way back to High School. another word to go with "balance" would be "context".

It would be similar to someone only ever hearing Elvis sing Old MacDonald and deciding that Elvis recorded pretty lame material. Whilst that song was pretty lame material to most, it would be out of context to base that opinion of Elvis on that recording alone.


Thanks for sharing your opinion about Red.

Re: Elvis and Linda

Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:28 am

I beginning to think you are winding me up deliberately, or are your keystrokes accidental through some kind of nervous twitch / fit?

I have not shared my opinion with you regarding Red, far from it I've stated fact(s).

Regarding the question above, the answer concerns a thread in the All Elvis forum a few weeks ago when you informed us of your opinion about collectors and I asked you based upon that opinion what your opinion was regarding a related matter. Your response was to tell me that yuor previous comments were only your opinion which I'd already demonstrated i was aware of and then to explain to me what an opinion meant.
You appeared to me to be reading something I'd not even written and not being able to see that which i had written. The saga in this thread seems to have similar echoes to it.

Come to think of it, why ask me a question then follow it with a request not to concern myself with you when you've just asked me a question? The answer should be interesting, but I'm all too aware that you might read a completely different question to that which I've asked.

If you give the answer of 67.9 then I think your day pass may have expired. :wink:

Re: Elvis and Linda

Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:35 am

Steve_M wrote:I beginning to think you are winding me up deliberately, or are your keystrokes accidental through some kind of nervous twitch / fit?

I have not shared my opinion with you regarding Red, far from it I've stated fact(s).

Regarding the question above, the answer concerns a thread in the All Elvis forum a few weeks ago when you informed us of your opinion about collectors and I asked you based upon that opinion what your opinion was regarding a related matter. Your response was to tell me that yuor previous comments were only your opinion which I'd already demonstrated i was aware of and then to explain to me what an opinion meant.
You appeared to me to be reading something I'd not even written and not being able to see that which i had written. The saga in this thread seems to have similar echoes to it.

Come to think of it, why ask me a question then follow it with a request not to concern myself with you when you've just asked me a question? The answer should be interesting, but I'm all too aware that you might read a completely different question to that which I've asked.

If you give the answer of 67.9 then I think your day pass may have expired. :wink:


Whatever you say Steve ;)

Re: Elvis and Linda

Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:43 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Of course, my original reply was only meant to provide a gentle laugh. Ha ha.


I, for one, got that. The thread took on a life of its own since then!

Re: Elvis and Linda

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:17 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Christopher wrote:i was just surprised about his explanation about red, pointing out who he was ...

It was delivered strictly "tongue-in-cheek" -- in another topic, the poster here put up an image of Charlie Hodge, asking members if it was Elvis.

i got it, too. should have supposed something like that. :wink: