Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Is this Elvis?

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:49 pm

Over the books I've read, I've concluded myself that Elvis was most likely 5' 11"

Vissie, you've just posted 3 different sets of evidence that Elvis was indeed 6ft tall, and then you say you've come to a different conclusion!

I'm pretty confident that Elvis was 6ft tall, in his bare feet, but peole expected him to be taller - how many times have we heard people say they felt Elvis would be larger than life when they met him?

Re: Is this Elvis?

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:05 pm

TJ wrote:
Vissie wrote:
Steve_M wrote:That would be the book it is from, but do you know the source for it? does the book give the source ?

I thought you were asking me what my source was for the initial statement. I'm sorry, but I don't know the source for the statement made in the book.

Over the books I've read, I've concluded myself that Elvis was most likely 5' 11" tall w/o lifts. However, he often wore 2" heels + lifts in his boots/shoes to appear taller. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

5'11 a little too low I think. 6'0 is mentioned about 6 times on those documents and 5'11 once. I think he was measured at 6'0 a year before for his pre-induction physical, and then more than once during his time in service. He could have been rounded up, but they wouldn't have given him a full inch, so his normal walk around height wasn't as low as 5'11 back then. The rogue 5'11 was I think the first measurement on induction day, when he had been up probably 24 hrs - the guy didn't sleep the night before induction. Under those circumstances, it would be really odd if he'd been at his optimum height. In fact it would have been pretty much medically impossible. That said, a full inch would be quite a lot to lose unless they rounded down because he was below the half. Not sure about the autopsy height, but it's possible he could have lost a little by then anyway with the illnesses and carrying around so much weight. Also it's not very reliable measuring someone lying down.

TJ, I enjoyed your post. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with me.

Vissie, you've just posted 3 different sets of evidence that Elvis was indeed 6ft tall, and then you say you've come to a different conclusion!

Darryl, I'm aware of what those documents say (I'm the one who added the orange arrows ;) )

Please understand, I don't care if EP was 5' 11", 6', 6' 5" It's of no real consequence to me. It was just something I determined for myself after reading so many different comments on his height.