Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Is this Elvis?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:33 pm

No it doesn't look like Elvis. A BLIND person could tell thats not Elvis. I just asked my 5yr old son, who could point Elvis out of a crowd, and HE said "Thats not Elvis". So thats all the proof I need.

Buy the way.......I think its Charlie.

Greg

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:44 pm

It's Terry Venables I tells ya: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:19 pm

So Charlie Hodge lost us the world cup!! I'm fuming !!! :lol:

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Steve_M wrote:It's Terry Venables I tells ya: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha it is ! Ahh those days when he used to be the head coach of Barcelona.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:00 pm

Not even for one second I would consider the person in the pic being Elvis...no way.. :roll:

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:26 pm

No, looks like Charlie to me.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:36 pm

Elvis height was 1m79 cm ??????? ( its not that short you know...)
Always thought Elvis was 1m 86 cm
always find new discover about the king :wink:
have a good week everyone
Lior

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:30 am

whatsupdoc wrote:Apart from his height, dress, hairstyle, shoesize one can hardly recognize Elvis in this pic.
But I think it's him which makes this a very rare picture.

This is Charlie Hodge, time to get glasses my friend. :wink:

PEP 8)

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:51 pm

whatsupdoc wrote:According to Rex Mansfield, Elvis' army buddy in his book "Elvis In Deutschland", when asked about Elvis'height: ( Translated from German)

Question: How tall was Elvis?

Do you mean with or without his lifts?
Without shoes Elvis was about 5 feet 101/2 inches (approx. 1m 79 cm)
He always wore 2 inch lifts ( even in his army boots) that made him appear over 6 feet tall ( approx. 1m 83 cm).
If you have ever noticed; Elvis always wore boots or high shoes.
I bet that was only to disguise the lifts in his shoes.

About the gate picture; I still feel it could be him but I'm not sure.
The guy like Elvis has very large feet, has the Elvis dress and hairstyle and is about to enter a Cadillac parked inside the Graceland grounds, So who knows.

So you're going with the only account of Elvis being 5 feet 10 1/2 and ignoring all others that place him between 5'11 1/2 and just a shade over 6ft? Elvis was not 5'10 1/2. No way. And he didn't always wear boots or high shoes. More often than not in the 60s and 70s he was in some kind of boot, but not in the 50s. There are three army measurements for Elvis and none are 5'10 1/2. One is 5'11 and the others are 6ft. This is likely a case of rounding up or down and the time of day he was measured. A person's height can vary by as much as 0.75 inches during the course of a day (even more in unusual cases). Try measuring yourself first thing in the morning and last thing at night and you might be surprised :-) I'd say that if Elvis hit 6ft, it was his out of bed height and he then lost a little during the day like everyone else does.

Oh and the guy looks a little like Charlie to me.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:20 pm

You're all running round in circles and getting nowhere. The easiest way to find out if it's Elvis or not is to listen to him singing. Does he sound like Elvis or not?

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:46 pm

Was Charlie that tall? :lol:

RKS

Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:19 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Was Charlie that tall? :lol:

RKS

You need to understand the photoshoot that's taking place.

Charlie and the matchbox car are standing on a piece of glass just inches away from the photographer.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Steve_M wrote:It's Terry Venables I tells ya: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, yeah, but with that chin, it could be Jimmy Hill !

Late entry:

Oops !

Sorry Shane, you already made that point !
Last edited by ColinB on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:47 pm

Where (or what position) at the Gates was that pic taken of Charlie? Does anyone know the year of the car?

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Photo reminds me of the song 'Good Time Charlie's Got To Move' :smt005 .

The cover of the book and the photo above it of Elvis and Charlie in the car.

Thats one of the worse photos of Elvis ive ever seen.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 am

John from Woodley wrote:
Bodie wrote:Photo reminds me of the song 'Good Time Charlie's Got To Move' :smt005 .

The cover of the book and the photo above it of Elvis and Charlie in the car.

Thats one of the worse photos of Elvis ive ever seen.

Looks like he's just had plastic surgery.

Looks like Charlie has just blown off.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 am

No, you all misunderstand, Elvis had just been trying out the part of a new movie script that got shelved in the end until the early 90's. It was the part of the Joker in Batman.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:35 am

LOL it dosen't even look like elvis

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Steve_M wrote:No, you all misunderstand, Elvis had just been trying out the part of a new movie script that got shelved in the end until the early 90's.
It was the part of the Joker in Batman.

LOL !

Actually, someone asked him how he thought Priscilla would end up looking like.................

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:16 am

Elvis' height as listed on some of his army documents.

During his autopsy, it is said that Elvis was 5' 11"

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:18 am

Vissie wrote:During his autopsy, it is said that Elvis was 5' 11"

What is the source for that ?

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:53 am

Steve_M wrote:
Vissie wrote:During his autopsy, it is said that Elvis was 5' 11"

What is the source for that ?

"The Death of Elvis"

Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:52 am

That would be the book it is from, but do you know the source for it? does the book give the source ?

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 am

Steve_M wrote:That would be the book it is from, but do you know the source for it? does the book give the source ?

I thought you were asking me what my source was for the initial statement. I'm sorry, but I don't know the source for the statement made in the book.

Over the books I've read, I've concluded myself that Elvis was most likely 5' 11" tall w/o lifts. However, he often wore 2" heels + lifts in his boots/shoes to appear taller. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:04 am

Vissie wrote:
Steve_M wrote:That would be the book it is from, but do you know the source for it? does the book give the source ?

I thought you were asking me what my source was for the initial statement. I'm sorry, but I don't know the source for the statement made in the book.

Over the books I've read, I've concluded myself that Elvis was most likely 5' 11" tall w/o lifts. However, he often wore 2" heels + lifts in his boots/shoes to appear taller. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

5'11 a little too low I think. 6'0 is mentioned about 6 times on those documents and 5'11 once. I think he was measured at 6'0 a year before for his pre-induction physical, and then more than once during his time in service. He could have been rounded up, but they wouldn't have given him a full inch, so his normal walk around height wasn't as low as 5'11 back then. The rogue 5'11 was I think the first measurement on induction day, when he had been up probably 24 hrs - the guy didn't sleep the night before induction. Under those circumstances, it would be really odd if he'd been at his optimum height. In fact it would have been pretty much medically impossible. That said, a full inch would be quite a lot to lose unless they rounded down because he was below the half. Not sure about the autopsy height, but it's possible he could have lost a little by then anyway with the illnesses and carrying around so much weight. Also it's not very reliable measuring someone lying down.