Post here your Elvis' pictures

Is this Elvis?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:48 pm

Apart from his height, dress, hairstyle, shoesize one can hardly recognize Elvis in this pic.
But I think it's him which makes this a very rare picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Is this Elvis?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:14 pm

definitely not Elvis. If nothing else, he's too short, when compared to the height of the car. Maybe Charlie Hodge?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Elvis wasn't that tall; hardly 5 feet 11. Maybe he wasn't wearing his lifted boots that day.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:28 pm

nope - the guy in that pic IS wearing boots with heels. Also, in relation to the size of his head, he has a very squat body. It's definitely not Elvis.

Also, wasn't Elvis just a shade over 6ft - maybe 6ft and half an inch?

I always thought that's what it was showing when he was measured in the army.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:41 pm

Elvis wasn't a very tall guy ; something he was very sensitive about.
Obviously that's why he used lifts in his boots. With lifts he stood about 6 feet 1
Former Chief of staff and Foreign Secretary Colin Powell recenty commented about his encounter with Elvis in 1959 in Germany: Elvis was shorter than he had expected. And obiously when he encountered him in the field Elvis was wearing his lifted army boots!
I wouldn't even be surprised if Elvis was allowed his army measurements being taken with his boots on.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:07 pm

There is photographic evidence and footage evidence of elvis being measured for the army.

He was barefoot at the time, in fact he was almost bare completely, just wearing his underpants.

as for the photo above, it doesn't look like Elvis at all to me, but it does look like anyone at the time wearing that type of fashion. Reminded me of Terry Venables (sp?).

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Allright, I will email the picture to Marty Lacker and ask his opinion.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:12 pm

When looking at the face (as far as possible) it looks like JD Summer to me. Could this pic have been taken in February '76 ?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:36 pm

Steve_M wrote:Reminded me of Terry Venables (sp?).

why does it have TOS*ER written on his head very faintly??

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Stephan - JD was grey haired by the time he joined Elvis, so it can't be him. I'm sticking with Charlie.

Whatsupdoc - you ask our opinion about your photo, but then seem put out that people have given you the honest answer that it clearly isn't Elvis in that photo. Furthermore, you state Elvis was "barely" 5ft 11, which simply isn't true. You mention his "lifts". He stood at 6ft 2 in his heeled boots, which is the height his jumpsuits were cut for. You mention Colin Powell thought Elvis was shorter than he expected, but he doesn't say how tall he thought Elvis was. If he was expecting Elvis to be 6ft 2 or more, then of course Elvis was shorter than he expected! Someone posted an article here not long ago, where the reporter said Elvis was 6ft 2 in his stocking feet, and really well built. Neither were true, but if that was Colin's expectation, that's hardly Elvis fault is it?

Elvis was shorter than he had expected. And obiously when he encountered him in the field Elvis was wearing his lifted army boots!

Lifted army boots? Not sure ive ever heard that before.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:47 pm

ben wrote:

I don't get it. Where ?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Steve_M wrote:
ben wrote:

I don't get it. Where ?

Terry Venables is a Tos*er and you said it looked like him :wink: LOL

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Sorry, missed it, you need to use that smiley / emoticon in those situ's coz I can't see you grinning when you type it. :wink:

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Steve_M wrote:Sorry, missed it, you need to use that smiley / emotion in those situ's 'cos I can't see you grinning when you type it. :wink:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D * lol sorry i thought id give it a serous look to it :wink:

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:17 pm

According to Rex Mansfield, Elvis' army buddy in his book "Elvis In Deutschland", when asked about Elvis'height: ( Translated from German)

Question: How tall was Elvis?

Do you mean with or without his lifts?
Without shoes Elvis was about 5 feet 101/2 inches (approx. 1m 79 cm)
He always wore 2 inch lifts ( even in his army boots) that made him appear over 6 feet tall ( approx. 1m 83 cm).
If you have ever noticed; Elvis always wore boots or high shoes.
I bet that was only to disguise the lifts in his shoes.

About the gate picture; I still feel it could be him but I'm not sure.
The guy like Elvis has very large feet, has the Elvis dress and hairstyle and is about to enter a Cadillac parked inside the Graceland grounds, So who knows.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:25 pm

whatsupdoc wrote:According to Rex Mansfield, Elvis' army buddy in his book "Elvis In Deutschland", when asked about Elvis'height: ( Translated from German)

Question: How tall was Elvis?

Do you mean with or without his lifts?
Without shoes Elvis was about 5 feet 101/2 inches (approx. 1m 79 cm)
He always wore 2 inch lifts ( even in his army boots) that made him appear over 6 feet tall ( approx. 1m 83 cm).
If you have ever noticed; Elvis always wore boots or high shoes.
I bet that was only to disguise the lifts in his shoes.

About the gate picture; I still feel it could be him but I'm not sure.
The guy like Elvis has very large feet, has the Elvis dress and hairstyle and is about to enter a Cadillac parked inside the Graceland grounds, So who knows.

Most of us it seems.

Despite leaning on one persons knowledge, or lack of it as the person admits, you've chosen to ignore the other evidence I've already pointed out to you.
Elvis' army records where he can be seen in bare feet, footage and pics, being measured is a little better than someone who knew him but never measured him.

The "I don't like your answers - so I'll ask Marty" attitude seems a little misplaced as you could have saved many of us time by asking him in the first place or making it clear up front that you weren't going to pay any heed to our information if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:32 pm

It doesn't matter how tall Elvis was or wasn't, in bare feet or in boots with lifters.

It doesn't matter what Marty Lacker says.

This guy isn't Elvis.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:11 pm

looks like Charlie to me

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:21 pm

i think it's Charlie

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:23 pm

That's Charlie Hodge.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:25 pm

I am trying to determine if this conversation is meant to be serious or not.That individual is definitely not Elvis Presley. It's Charlie Hodge.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm

Mr.Hodge gets my vote as well.
Even in the fuzzy image, one can tell it looks more like Charlie than Elvis.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Yep, sure looks like Charlie to me, too.....

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:25 pm

KHoots wrote:I am trying to determine if this conversation is meant to be serious or not.That individual is definitely not Elvis Presley. It's Charlie Hodge.

Same here KHoots, I thought I had landed somewhere on a funny farm.
The man in the picture is Charlie Hodge, no debate.

When you see a red and white can and it says Coca Cola on it, you can bet it's a Coca Cola can, and this guy is Charlie Hodge. Period.

Cheers
Simon

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Re: Is this Elvis?...he does not even look like Elvis