Post here your Elvis' pictures

International Hotel 1969

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:32 pm

International hotel 1969 . Notice Red West on the left: "The beauty & the Beast"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: International Hotel 1969

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:37 pm

Is that definitely 69? I only ask, as Elvis often wore that suit through 1970, including to meet Nixon, and his hair / sideburns look more like aug 70 to me.

either way, it's a great pic!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:33 pm

He was indeed a Beautiful Man. Thanks for the Pic ..it's new to me.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:05 pm

Great pic,thanks for posting :D , but it looks more like 70 to me too.... :wink:

Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:37 am

I have seen that photo dated in the past as being Elvis leaving for Phoenix, AZ for the beginning of the short September '70 tour. The clothing matches the B&W images I've seen of his arrival there.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:46 am

Could be taken in 1970 too.
Taken while leaving for Phoenix concert seems very plausible.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:10 am

Two questions:

- Your sentence here -- Notice Red West on the left: "The beauty & the Beast"

Why make such an rude comment?

- Why are your images blown up so large?

1780 x 2127 pixels is about three times what is normal here.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:19 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:- Why are your images blown up so large?

1780 x 2127 pixels is about three times what is normal here.

I agree....it's annoying to have to scroll from left to right to see all of the pics....by using ImageShack or PhotoBucket he can make the images much smaller and able to view...

(And I agree that it's gotta be from the short September, 1970 tour)

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:41 am

That one is never from 1969. If I'm not totally wrong than Elvis started to wear those glasses first in 1970. Also you can compare it with the following pictures which are definitely candids from September 1970. To me It seems that he's wearing the same clothes on the pictures from Detroit 11th, 1970 which indicates that it is definitely 1970, but maybe not Detroit. Last but not least the guy on the right side you can see on the original picture can also be seen on the first b/w picture. The difference is that he's wearing a turtle neck collar - which means likely (or possibly) that your picture wasn't shot in Detroit.

Image Image Image

Btw "beauty & the beast" is one of the silliest subtitles that you have given to you picture posts by now - possibly only topped by your question "Is this Elvis?" which made me laugh out loud when seeing the picture you posted.

Joern

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:09 am

Joern wrote:That one is never from 1969. If I'm not totally wrong than Elvis started to wear those glasses first in 1970. Also you can compare it with the following pictures which are definitely candids from September 1970. To me It seems that he's wearing the same clothes on the pictures from Detroit 11th, 1970 which indicates that it is definitely 1970, but maybe not Detroit. Last but not least the guy on the right side you can see on the original picture can also be seen on the first b/w picture. The difference is that he's wearing a turtle neck collar - which means likely (or possibly) that your picture wasn't shot in Detroit.

Image Image Image

Btw "beauty & the beast" is one of the silliest subtitles that you have given to you picture posts by now - possibly only topped by your question "Is this Elvis?" which made me laugh out loud when seeing the picture you posted.

Joern

Is that guy with the sunglasses, the same guy that was in the after TTWII party, who's name nobody knows?