Post here your Elvis' pictures

New photos in the Candids section - Atlanta June 6. 1976

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:04 pm

Paul!
Those photos just blew me away! Rod Stewart once sang a song called Every picture tells a story, well these sure do. Just the look on Elvis's face, not to mention Dr.Nicks look when Elvis leaves him to enter the stage. Maybe by knowing the past we sometimes put to much into a single photo, or maybe we just sucumb to the myth, either way, these photos almost put tears to my eyes. "Hello Atlanta, I just woke up,", indeed.

Eivind

Re: New photos in the Candids section - Atlanta June 6. 1976

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:07 pm

It's great to find photos new to my eyes, even if they do not show Elvis at his best. He isn't in the very good shape for sure - the drugs are very evident in his eyes. My 20 year old daughter saw them and said, "wow, Elvis looks really messed up"...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/at.html

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 pm

interesting candids indeed - thx for sharing !

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:25 pm

paulsweeney wrote:He isn't in the very good shape for sure - the drugs are very evident in his eyes.

Possibly. But it is a shame that at that point he was doing an afternoon show. He looks tired to me. He was normally sleeping during this time of day. I'm sure there was a little something involved to get him moving (probably some strong coffee).

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Thanks, Paul! These are fantastic, and sad, photos.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Holy ****! These are the best damn candids I have seen in the last twelve months! Thank you ever so much Paul, for uploading these. You are the champion! Cheers!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 pm

Rob wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:He isn't in the very good shape for sure - the drugs are very evident in his eyes.

Possibly. But it is a shame that at that point he was doing an afternoon show. He looks tired to me. He was normally sleeping during this time of day. I'm sure there was a little something involved to get him moving (probably some strong coffee).

Double espresso at least 8)

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:45 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Holy ****! These are the best damn candids I have seen in the last twelve months! Thank you ever so much Paul, for uploading these. You are the champion! Cheers!

No problem funky 8)

Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:32 am

Rob wrote:... it is a shame that at that point he was doing an afternoon show. He looks tired to me. He was normally sleeping during this time of day.

Indeed -- this was like 8 in the AM for Elvis.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:05 am

Oh my... fantastic find Paul!

I have the second photo as a polaroid, but never saw the first and third one before! Excellent, very rare candid shots of our man in a period when he obviously was struggling.

Thanks very much.

Cheers
Simon

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:24 am

Yes he was struggling but still took time out to pose for a photo.
It was a disgrace that Elvis was doing two shows in a day at this stage of his career. No wonder he needed some assistance to get `up' when he should have been sleeping
Rick

Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:56 am

rickeap wrote:Yes he was struggling but still took time out to pose for a photo.
It was a disgrace that Elvis was doing two shows in a day at this stage of his career. No wonder he needed some assistance to get `up' when he should have been sleeping
Rick

True, but on this day, the last of the tour, he did only an afternoon show. He was in Atlanta June 4, 5 and 6. He did an evening show on the 4th and 5th, and an afternoon show on the 6th (where he performed Shake A Hand by the way) 8)

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:23 am

Brilliant pictures indeed !

He looks better than he sounded that day. The opening songs from that concert must be the worst renditions ever, or close. In fact, he sounded worse than in Hampton Roads on August 1st.

Thanks for these pics Paul !

Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Interesting pictures - roughly what I look like when I have just woken up after a heavy night !!

Given my recent rep on the board I feel I must jump in here and remind all you folks that this very show will be out next week on real shiny disc !! From Stefan's comments it's gonna be a blast !!! :roll: :wink:

"Keep buying dem records now"

Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:10 pm

BIGREDG wrote:Given my recent rep on the board I feel I must jump in here and remind all you folks that this very show will be out next week on real shiny disc !!

I had forgotten all about that one.

Damn it!

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:26 pm

Rob wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:Given my recent rep on the board I feel I must jump in here and remind all you folks that this very show will be out next week on real shiny disc !!

I had forgotten all about that one.

Damn it!

Start saving those pennies !

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 am

Not good pictures at all. They really are evidence of the downward spiral of the last 18 months of Elvis' life. The decline in such a few short years is really shocking and sad.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Vinnie Terranova wrote:Not good pictures at all. They really are evidence of the downward spiral of the last 18 months of Elvis' life. The decline in such a few short years is really shocking and sad.

Sadly, you are correct.

Of course, with a better haircut and outfit, our view might be a little less harsh. But his choice of appearance was also something that went off the rails in his last two years.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:11 pm

His eyes look dead in this photo :( He must've been hurting (or very tired)