I always liked this one lot.

Greetings
Simon

Re: beauty pic

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:38 am

Check out the eye-liner! Cool shot.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:52 pm

The last time Elvis likely wore eyeliner was November 11, 1957, in Hawaii for his final live gig of the decade. It is doubtful, extremely doubtful, he would have applied same while in his army uniform.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:00 pm

:smt043

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:The last time Elvis likely wore eyeliner was November 11, 1957, in Hawaii for his final live gig of the decade. It is doubtful, extremely doubtful, he would have applied same while in his army uniform.

Imagine if he walked onto the parade ground with makeup on !

Surely it's a case of the photo being touched up, rather than Elvis ?

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:The last time Elvis likely wore eyeliner was November 11, 1957, in Hawaii for his final live gig of the decade. It is doubtful, extremely doubtful, he would have applied same while in his army uniform.

I recall seeing a '71 or '72 photo where mascara seems to be running toward Our Boy's cheeks. It was in an old Sean Shaver book, more than likely "Photographing the King."

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:38 am

elvisjock wrote:I recall seeing a '71 or '72 photo where mascara seems to be running toward Our Boy's cheeks.

That's hair dye, not mascara.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:39 am

Well, I was half kidding. Only half, mind you. His eyes still look unnaturally accented to me. Maybe they did do some touching up after the picture was taken, yes.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:04 am

Cryogenic wrote:Maybe they did do some touching up after the picture was taken, yes.

I said that a few posts back.

Glad we agree................

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:06 am

ColinB wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:Maybe they did do some touching up after the picture was taken, yes.

I said that a few posts back.

I know you did, which I why I finished on "yes" -- a word of acknowledgement.

ColinB wrote:Glad we agree................

But where's the fun in that? ;)

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:10 am

Cryogenic wrote:But where's the fun in that? ;)

Everything doesn't have to be 'fun', does it ?

We all have a serious side struggling to emerge from our psyche...............

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:04 am

i don't care if he did wear eyeliner on the pic

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:22 am

elvisjock wrote:

I recall seeing a '71 or '72 photo where mascara seems to be running toward Our Boy's cheeks. It was in an old Sean Shaver book, more than likely "Photographing the King."

I've read a few books recently that say he did wear make-up.. mostly mascara. Elvis and the Memphis Mafia has a few paragraphs about his make-up, the case he carried it in and how Elvis would say he had to avoid laughing too hard so that his mascara wouldn't run. (Just throwing this out there, I'm not saying he did or didn't).

Great pic Elvisgirl, thanks!

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:31 am

Vissie wrote:I've read a few books recently that say he did wear make-up.. mostly mascara.

Well, maybe so; but not in the army !

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:41 am

ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:I've read a few books recently that say he did wear make-up.. mostly mascara.

Well, maybe so; but not in the army !

I would hope not ;) (didn't mean to imply he did) I was just merely talking about what I read (in general).

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Didn't he wear eyeliner for all those publicity stills in the '60s too? Check out the cover for the "Viva Las Vegas" FTD for example.

And, of course, Elvis wore mascara just about every day. Either that or he dyed the stuff. This here cat is definitely wearing some serious makeup:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:53 pm

elvis has got beautiful eyes and eye lashes with mascara or without mascars ! it,s something obvious!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:59 pm

mistymorning wrote:elvis has got beautiful eyes and eye lashes with mascara or without mascars ! it,s something obvious!

Nah, Elvis looked just like a regular guy without his makeup on...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:08 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:

Didn't he wear eyeliner for all those publicity stills in the '60s too? Check out the cover for the "Viva Las Vegas" FTD for example.

And, of course, Elvis wore mascara just about every day. Either that or he dyed the stuff. This here cat is definitely wearing some serious makeup:

Keith Richards, Jr.

FWIW, Alanna Nash's book supports this as well (pps. 77-78). Billy Smith says "And yeah, he would use mascara on his lashes, especially after he dyed his hair. Then he dyed his eyebrows and eyelashes so he wouldn't need mascara anymore."

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:17 pm

That nice Michael Jackson had his eye-liner tattooed on !
badera114.jpg
badera275.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ColinB on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
mistymorning wrote:elvis has got beautiful eyes and eye lashes with mascara or without mascars ! it,s something obvious!

Nah, Elvis looked just like a regular guy without his makeup on...

Keith Richards, Jr.

I respect your personal idea. But everybody knows that he was a really beautiful guy ! his beauty needs no defence ! it,s as clear as the sun in the sky!!!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:31 pm

ColinB wrote:That nice Michael Jackson had his eye-liner tattooed on !
badera114.jpg
badera275.jpg

:shock:

Nice way to ruin a thread Colin!

;) j/k

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Vissie wrote:Nice way to ruin a thread Colin!

Ruining threads is my speciality !

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:51 pm

mistymorning wrote:everybody knows that he was a really beautiful guy ! his beauty needs no defence ! it,s as clear as the sun in the sky!!!

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041
well said. and what a nice surprise to see you post again. i really missed you