Post here your Elvis' pictures

March 1974 but what date? Mursfreeboro?

Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:30 am

Brian and I were debating last Saturday about some pictures from Hampton Roads 1974 about if the band was wearing blue or white. After deciding that the band wore blue, dammit you won!

We came across to these 2 pics, they seem to be from the same venue because of those funny light spots on the musician platforms. See red circle

ImageImage

Funny thing is that that combination of suits doesn't much any days were Elvis performed twice in a city but it could be that one of the suits was reported wrongly.

Elvis played at least twice during March 74 in Tulsa, Houston, Monroe (3), Charlotte, Knoxville, Mursfreeboro and Memphis.

Elvis wore the Blue Target suit (photo 1) on Monroe, Mursfreeboro and Memphis.

About Monroe, we have same pics and the platform is really similar to the first pics but w/out the funny light dots and without some other things that these 2 pics don't have. Examples below

About Mursfreeboro, I have some footage but it is pretty bad but the musician's platform is at least similar to the 1st 2 pics.

So is it possible Elvis wore the Blue Vine suit instead of Eagle suit on March 14? and the Blue Target five days later on March 19.

Is there someone up there with more information regarding those dates ?

Thanks a lot for your time and thanks to Brian !

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:05 am

In the blurry footage, the platform definitely looks smaller, similar to in the 1st 2 pics.

However, heres a point that could throw a spanner in the works. Could those, rather than being spotlights on the platform, simply be reflections from the lights hitting the stones on the legs of the Jumpsuit, on the white platform. It would explain the uniform pattern, as the the way the stones are embroidered? In both photos, the little round lights are behind where Elvis legs are, which would match up with spotlight reflections, and in the first pic, the little lights are close together, perhaps because Elvis legs are closer together? That would open it up, as there were several shows with similar musicians platforms, including

Tulsa 1st March

Auburn 5th March

I know it's a different suit in Auburn, just wanted to show the similar platform.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:18 pm

I see what you mean but the lights are so intense and besides that the pattern should be different, it is exactly the same (to me)

Besides that there are 4 little lights also on the left, I cannot imagine, that's also from Elvis suit.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:35 pm

If you have a look to Elvis left on the first photo, there's another one, but this time fainter, and in a different place to the second photo. That's what made me think they may be reflections, if not off Elvis himself, then maybe off a mic stand or something?

Re: March 1974 but what date? Mursfreeboro?

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 am

Those "lights" are surely boltheads reflecting flashlights??
Being no carpenter, it looks like the drum-riser is resting on a frame made from 2" x 4" wood-beams bolted together - hence the visible boltheads.
In the pic with E wearing the target suit you can even see a dark 45 degree line between the four boltheads indicating that two beams are joint together.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:42 am

Thanks guys for your inputs and especially to FVH. The "lights" could very well be boltheads reflecting the light as they are in the EXACT same spot on both photos.

Like Francesc said the photos must be from either Monroe, Murfreesboro or Memphis during the March 1974 tour.

By the way Francesc (and everybody else who cares), I'm not at all sure the three photos you show as being from Monroe actually are from Monroe. It is probable that they are actually from Greensboro on March 13, 1974. They come from a series of photos from John Wilkinson's website and I strongly believe they are all from Greensboro.

So, anybody out there with photos from Monroe, Murfreesboro or Memphis (any year) where we see the band platform clearly. It would be great if we could get these photos dated.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:13 am

let me see if i got this straight
pictures 1 and 2 is supposedly from murfreesboro
pictures 3 4 and 5 from monroe
brian says the monro pictures are actually from greensboro?
there were 3 monro shows
march 4 , 7 and 8
on the 4th and the 7th he supposedly wore the orange sunburst suit
on the 8th the blue starburst
on the 13th greensboro show he wore the orange sunburst suit.
on pictures 3,4,5 he is wearing the same outfit? is it the orange or blue starburst?
for pictures 1 and 2 which is labeled as murfreesboro he is obviousely wearing two different suits
the orange or blue burst and blue vine suit
he playe murfreesboro twice. on the 14th and the 19th
which of those are correct and is from murfressboro? and when or where is the other one from?
is each of them from each of the two murfressboro shows?
what i have on my lists are 1 murfreesboro appearance (19th) with blue starburst and the other (14th) with the aloha bald eagle suit.
should it be blue starburst + blue vine and not eagle?

if in fact the 2 murfreesboro shows should have 1 blue starburst and 1 bald eagle, then from where is the blue vine picture?

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:44 am

voldto wrote:let me see if i got this straight
pictures 1 and 2 is supposedly from murfreesboro
pictures 3 4 and 5 from monroe
brian says the monro pictures are actually from greensboro?
there were 3 monro shows
march 4 , 7 and 8
on the 4th and the 7th he supposedly wore the orange sunburst suit
on the 8th the blue starburst
on the 13th greensboro show he wore the orange sunburst suit.
on pictures 3,4,5 he is wearing the same outfit? is it the orange or blue starburst?
for pictures 1 and 2 which is labeled as murfreesboro he is obviousely wearing two different suits
the orange or blue burst and blue vine suit
he playe murfreesboro twice. on the 14th and the 19th
which of those are correct and is from murfressboro? and when or where is the other one from?
is each of them from each of the two murfressboro shows?
what i have on my lists are 1 murfreesboro appearance (19th) with blue starburst and the other (14th) with the aloha bald eagle suit.
should it be blue starburst + blue vine and not eagle?

if in fact the 2 murfreesboro shows should have 1 blue starburst and 1 bald eagle, then from where is the blue vine picture?

You sure asked a lot of questions in one post. :)

Photos 1 and 2 are supposedly from Mursfreesboro. Different days becuase Elvis is wearing diff suits.

Photos 3,4,5 are indeed from Greensboro.

This is what I think Elvis wore during March 1974. Everything is really debatable thou.

March 1 1974 Tulsa OK (8:30 pm) White vine suit
March 2 1974 Tulsa OK (1:30 pm) Way Down suit
March 3 1974 Houston TX (2:00 pm) Nail Mirrored suit
March 3 1974 Houston TX (8:00 pm) Amber/Gold Vine suit
March 4 1974 Monroe TX (8:30 pm) Blue Starburst suit / Blue Target suit
March 5 1974 Auburn AL (8:30 pm) Orange Sunburst suit
March 6 1974 Montgomery AL (8:30 pm) Aloha Bald Headed Eagle suit
March 7 1974 Monroe LA (8:30 pm) Orange Sunburst suit
March 8 1974 Monroe LA (8:30 pm) Blue Flower suit
March 9 1974 Charlotte NC (2:30 pm) Orange Sunburst suit
March 9 1974 Charlotte NC (8:30 pm) Aloha Bald Headed Eagle suit
March 10 1974 Roanoke VA (8:30 pm) Memphis suit
March 11 1974 Hampton VA (8:30 pm) Blue Flower suit
March 12 1974 Richmond VA (8:30 pm) Aloha Bald Headed Eagle suit
March 13 1974 Greensboro NC (8:30 pm) Blue Starburst suit / Blue Target suit
March 14 1974 Murfreesboro TN (8:30 pm) Blue Flower suit
March 15 1974 Knoxville TN (2:30 pm) ???
March 15 1974 Knoxville TN (8:30 pm) Orange Sunburst suit
March 16 1974 Memphis TN (2:30 pm) Aloha Bald Headed Eagle suit
March 16 1974 Memphis TN (8:30 pm) Memphis suit
March 17 1974 Memphis TN (2:30 pm) Blue Starburst suit / Blue Target suit
March 17 1974 Memphis TN (8:30 pm) Red Flower suit
March 18 1974 Richmond VA (8:30 pm) Blue Flower Suit
March 19 1974 Murfreesboro TN (8:30 pm) Blue Starburst suit / Blue Target suit
March 20 1974 Memphis TN (8:30 pm) Memphis suit

In red, I dont have photos of those dates.

Here you can check all the photos, as Brian said, if someone has photos from March 1974, bring them on

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/pics1974.htm

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Francesc...yes they indeed wore light blue on 3/11/74 and the Sweets wore yellow. My pics were small instamatics but I was on the front row.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:11 am

Francesc wrote:
March 15 1974 Knoxville TN (2:30 pm) ???
March 15 1974 Knoxville TN (8:30 pm) Orange Sunburst suit
In red, I dont have photos of those dates.

According to Lee Cotten:
March 15: Midway through the first show, a little girl was hoistered to the stage to give Elvis a lei of roses. Almost immediately, two woman broke through the security guard to present Elvis with more leis of paper

There must be some pics out there decribing this event...no ?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:43 pm

Ricky wrote:Francesc...yes they indeed wore light blue on 3/11/74 and the Sweets wore yellow. My pics were small instamatics but I was on the front row.

Thanks Ricky. Is ther any info from your pics we can gather? Other backup singer dresses?

To E-Cat: Thanks for the info too. I hope we can get some pics from that date. Knoxville stage is really easy to identify thou. In my opinion is a little bit of a pitiful stage lol