Post here your Elvis' pictures

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:51 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:This was taken at the Hayride in 1954 yet Elvis looks older on this one.

/Hi LD!

Hi JL :wink:

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:01 pm

E-cat wrote:I doubt Elvis would have worn a jacket during these extreme hot July days in Florida 1961. The article below also confirms this several times. In addition I doubt whether 'Southern Tours Inc.' (see bus at picture) would even visit an unknown place like Ocala those days. Perhaps it is a shot from Tampa. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful picture:

Cryogenic wrote: EDIT: E-Cat: I never thought of the jacket scenario. The bus is a troubling fixture, indeed. Does anyone know how far that company roamed in the 60's? This image is definitely a puzzle.

I checked the web for more details about Southern Tours Inc, but did not found conclusive info. However I do think that my jacket - statement should be considered for dating the pic.

Cryogenic wrote:If it's not from Ocala July 1961, where and when do you think it's from?

I have a clue - but need to find more details first.

Another interesting thread and dare I say that the Picture Forum is much more informative than the All Elvis section !
Last edited by E-Cat on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:16 pm

These threads are so philosophical. They start off so simply, you think you know what's what, and then . . .

:lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Michael Curtiz, Hal Wallis and you know who with no sideburns during King Creole (wrong haircolor though)

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 pm

This was Hawaii 61 March?? Elvis looks older here too. I don't think that Ebay photo is from 61. He looks too young.

Last edited by Little Darlin on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:31 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:Elvis had water retention or full face "problems" most of his public his life..plenty of Alfred W. 56 photos showing EP a little full or round in the face..really! PS. We all do when getting up in the moring for example...

I never look bad in the morning. :P
Count your blessings! You will...you will... :lol: BTW..61 sideburns 1/4 millimeter shorter from "photographer's" point of view. :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 pm

James ->

Your image is most likely from July 30, 1961, when Elvis visited Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida. It is the famed "City of Mermaids" and Presley caught their act. That may be friend Alan Fortas' head under the "Ebay" marking.

The Southern Tours, Inc. Bus line ran in that area, too ->

Image Image Image

LD ->

Your image was taken on December 15, 1956, backstage at the "Louisiana Hayride." That's country singer Johnny Horton with Presley.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:04 pm

OMG!

Rock on, Doc!!! 8)

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:James ->

Your image is most likely from July 30, 1961, when Elvis visited Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida. It is the famed "City of Mermaids" and Presley caught their act. That may be friend Alan Fortas' head under the "Ebay" marking.

The Southern Tours, Inc. Bus line ran in that area, too ->

Image Image Image

Nice find with the Tour info Doc. Not sure but I thought Alan was balding with black hair. Also, are there any other pix out there from his trip at Weeki Wachee, or maybe he visited several times?

There's a site for that place that has a pic of him there with the girls that doesn't match those clothes in the questionable photo

http://mermaid.weekiwachee.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=13&MMN_position=13:13

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:31 pm

One further thought on the jacket scenario: Elvis may be wearing a jacket, but everyone else is plainly in summer clothing. He's the odd one out. Perhaps he over-dressed. I mean, it *is* Elvis Presley we're talking about. This isn't meant to be confrontational; I'm just thinking aloud here.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 pm

Alan Fortas had blonde hair. Ger Rijff's The Cool King (Tutti Frutti, 1989) features the 1956 and 1961 photos of Bob Moreland, and the latter come from the Weeki Wachee Springs visit. The eBay image could well be Elvis leaving the area.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:51 pm

Cryogenic wrote:One further thought on the jacket scenario: Elvis may be wearing a jacket, but everyone else is plainly in summer clothing. He's the odd one out.

Is it a jacket? Looks like a shirt to me.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:51 pm

I see these pictures and I think "Where's the picture(s) that girl in front of him with the camera took?

I've only ever seen a couple of photos of Alan and this is the one that comes to mind

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:James ->

Your image is most likely from July 30, 1961, when Elvis visited Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida. It is the famed "City of Mermaids" and Presley caught their act.

It's most likely not from Weeki Wachee Springs. Here are more pic's from Weeki Wachee Springs, where Elvis wore different jacket etc..:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:14 am

As noted above ->

drjohncarpenter wrote:The eBay image could well be Elvis leaving the area.

In which case, he might have changed outfits.

Another possibility is it's elsewhere, but definitely in Florida for "Follow That Dream."

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:16 am

JamesVRoy wrote:I've only ever seen a couple of photos of Alan ...

Like Arthur Hooten, Alan is sometimes hard to locate.

He is seen behind Elvis' left shoulder in this July 30, 1961 image ->

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:32 am

Unlikely - it was reported that Elvis only visited the city for a few hours..

drjohncarpenter wrote:Another possibility is it's elsewhere, but definitely in Florida for "Follow That Dream."

Definitely!

BTW: here's another pic from Weeki Wachee Springs

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:43 am

So........is that Gene Smith behind Elvis? Junior died earlier in 1961 than when this photo was taken--February 4, in fact.

Elvis Day By Day is quoted as saying--for July 30, 1961--"In what might well be deemed an extension o f Snowmen's League business, the Colonel arranges for a special ceremony honoring Elvis for his achievements in show business at an event in Weeki Wachee Springs, FL, where the newly convened Elvis Presley Underwater Fan Club puts on a show for the assembled multitudes."

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:45 am

KHoots wrote:So........is that Gene Smith behind Elvis?

It might be -- the angle is a bit obscured. But it's almost certainly Alan Fortas under that "ebay" marker.

at the hayride

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:05 am

Palmtrees, Florida 61.
50s? NOOOO Way!!
Little Darling: Thats not from 54, but from final Hayride show
in december 56, in the company of singer Johnny Horton ( I believe?)

at the hayride

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:11 am

ah! you beat me to it on 56 Hayride photo, doc.
How in the world can anybody date this 61 shot as 50s?!

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:43 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:As noted above ->

Another possibility is it's elsewhere, but definitely in Florida for "Follow That Dream."

That can't be same day, look at the hair. On ebay picture the hair is longer

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:28 pm

LD ->

Your image was taken on December 15, 1956, backstage at the "Louisiana Hayride." That's country singer Johnny Horton with Presley.

Little Darling: Thats not from 54, but from final Hayride show
in december 56, in the company of singer Johnny Horton ( I believe?)

Thanks for the correct date. This was listed on Ebay as 54.

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:13 pm

Little Darlin wrote:Thanks for the correct date. This was listed on Ebay as 54.

How fitting, the picture that started this thread was listed on eBay as being from the Hayride.
Geez!!!! If you can't trust eBay, who can you trust? :wink:

I'm going to put this one on eBay and list it as Priscilla

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

All my previous comments regarding jumpsuits are now null & void, rescinded, cancelled, deleted & withdrawn...............