Post here your Elvis' pictures

Russwood Park (perspective)

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:02 pm

I created this animated gif from an old photo of the park and a wertheimer shot to give you a perspective of the stage orientation during the concert. It was too large a file for the site and would take too long to download on the page but I thought it was kind of cool so figured I'd at least post it here (you have to wait for it to load completely)

Also, check out the page I posted in the All Elvis section about the histroy of the park

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Pretty impressive!

Joern

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:20 pm

Hey, I enjoyed that !

Thanks, James !

Great !!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:35 am

Fantastic!! Thanks a lot, it really puts us right there, with a perfect perpecstive of how it must have felt Elvis, and those behind him

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:17 am

That is cool, James. You know how I love those "perspective" shots. Probably to a fault, but what the hell.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:44 pm

That's very cool. Nice work.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:15 pm

Very cool James

great effect

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:06 pm

Looks like the stage was set up in left field then?

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Looks like the stage was set up in left field then?

I'm guessing it was somewhere around 2nd base, that perspective is as good as could be given the availability of the pix. The actual POVs would be a bit different. The park though if you look at the pic in the thread in the thread about the park shows that there were no real right field bleachers/stands. Bill said that it had a short right field most likely due to a creek that ran just outside the fence.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:24 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:

I'm guessing it was somewhere around 2nd base, that perspective is as good as could be given the availability of the pix. The actual POVs would be a bit different. The park though if you look at the pic in the thread in the thread about the park shows that there were no real right field bleachers/stands. Bill said that it had a short right field most likely due to a creek that ran just outside the fence.

The park is gone now, is that correct?

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:25 pm

Nice job, that was pretty cool to see.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

The park is gone now, is that correct?

Yes, a big medical center there now. I stayed right next to it for years and never knew Russwood was there

Here is the site now

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 am

According to the link James provided on the other thread, Russwood Park burned down in April, 1960. I had never seen that picture before, either, James, so thanks for including that.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:48 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:The park is gone now, is that correct?

Here's a more current pic:

great topic - thx James.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:06 am

E-Cat wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:The park is gone now, is that correct?

Here's a more current pic:

great topic - thx James.

April 17th ? Hmmm. have to rewrite