Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:26 am

She is one beutiful lady

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 pm

Holy moley!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Yowza! :smt055

My goodness....

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Ann Margret rocks.. sure wish she and Elvis would of given their time together a little more time to grow. Both were very busy with careers but they made a beautiful couple.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:39 pm

I would then

I would now.

I would at all points in between.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:17 pm

What a knockout AM was and still is! It's so very understandable why after acknowledging to the 1972 Vegas crowd, that AM was in the audience, he asked Lamar to keep to spotlight on her. Class, loyalty and beauty all in one. I truly wish somehow they could have hooked up in a permanent way.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Joe Car wrote:What a knockout AM was and still is! It's so very understandable why after acknowledging to the 1972 Vegas crowd, that AM was in the audience, he asked Lamar to keep to spotlight on her. Class, loyalty and beauty all in one. I truly wish somehow they could have hooked up in a permanent way.

Ann-Margaret wanted a career. Elvis wanted someone to stay at home and be there for him. It never would've have worked long-term.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Vissie wrote:
Joe Car wrote:What a knockout AM was and still is! It's so very understandable why after acknowledging to the 1972 Vegas crowd, that AM was in the audience, he asked Lamar to keep to spotlight on her. Class, loyalty and beauty all in one. I truly wish somehow they could have hooked up in a permanent way.

Ann-Margaret wanted a career.
Elvis wanted someone to stay at home and be there for him.
It never would've have worked long-term.

Oh, well, we'll never know now, will we ?

But I like to think they could have reached a compromise on that.

And with her as his wife, things could have worked out so differently......

Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:09 pm

ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:

Ann-Margaret wanted a career.
Elvis wanted someone to stay at home and be there for him.
It never would've have worked long-term.

Oh, well, we'll never know now, will we ?

But I like to think they could have reached a compromise on that.

And with her as his wife, things could have worked out so differently......

It's nice to wish Colin ;)

But she truly was career-oriented. Some of my family know her (they went to school together) and my other friend knows her from working with her (mostly on "Bye Bye Birdie").

She is a lovely person, but her goals were to become a star. She did adore Elvis, but it's doubtful that he would've have been able to tolerate her career.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:36 pm

Vissie wrote:

Ann-Margaret wanted a career. Elvis wanted someone to stay at home and be there for him. It never would've have worked long-term.

Maybe, but with Ann, he knew that going in.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:32 pm

Joe Car wrote:
Vissie wrote:

Maybe, but with Ann, he knew that going in.

Yes, that's true. But, in the long-run, it wouldn't have changed things. Elvis' ideas about wives and marriage were a part of who he was. He was upset when Joe talked to Pris in the kitchen. How would he have felt with AM kissing in movies? Having fans? Male fans?

No, it is what it is. They had a lovely relationship but, imo, it never would've been anything more.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:37 pm

Vissie wrote:Elvis' ideas about wives and marriage were a part of who he was.
He was upset when Joe talked to Pris in the kitchen.
How would he have felt with AM kissing in movies?
Having fans?
Male fans?
No, it is what it is.
They had a lovely relationship but, imo, it never would've been anything more.

People change.

Marriage changes people.

I still reckon we can't guess with certainty how things would have worked out if they'd married.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:46 pm

ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:Elvis' ideas about wives and marriage were a part of who he was.
He was upset when Joe talked to Pris in the kitchen.
How would he have felt with AM kissing in movies?
Having fans?
Male fans?
No, it is what it is.
They had a lovely relationship but, imo, it never would've been anything more.

People change.

Marriage changes people.

I still reckon we can't guess with certainty how things would have worked out if they'd married.

Ok, you hold onto that hope ;)

Elvis and Ann-Margaret were both single in early 1967. Why did they both marry other people instead of each other?

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Vissie wrote:Elvis and Ann-Margaret were both single in early 1967.
Why did they both marry other people instead of each other?

In a word: Parker.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:53 pm

ColinB wrote:

Huh? Please explain....

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:00 pm

Vissie wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Huh? Please explain....

The mean ol' colonel couldn't stand Ann-Margret, her [almost] equal billing, her friendship with Elvis, or her singing with Elvis [most saw the cutting room floor and none made it to record at the time].

And his influence over Elvis was immense.

He put the kybosh on that little romance pretty damn quick............

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm

ColinB wrote:The mean ol' colonel couldn't stand Ann-Margret, her [almost] equal billing, her friendship with Elvis, or her singing with Elvis [most saw the cutting room floor and none made it to record at the time].

And his influence over Elvis was immense.

He put the kybosh on that little romance pretty damn quick............

Elvis' overcame substantial hurdles to court Cilla. If he had wanted to marry AM, it would've happened (again, imo).