Post here your Elvis' pictures

Right date

Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Please, look at the webside:

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h ... e%26sa%3DN

Picture Caption: Current Wendell resident Jimmie Jensen, left, performed with Elvis Presley, center, along with Chuck Carson for two weeks in Florida in 1959.

This is definitive wrong, but what is the right date?

Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:34 pm

Between Aug 3 and Aug 11 1956 I'd say. He didn't play Florida after that in the 50s.

Re: Right date

Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:36 pm

Mississippi wrote:Please, look at the webside:

Picture Caption: Current Wendell resident Jimmie Jensen, left, performed with Elvis Presley, center, along with Chuck Carson for two weeks in Florida in 1959.

This is definitive wrong, but what is the right date?

A picture of Elvis wearing the same shirt and rings can be seen in GR´s book Faces and Stages (Jacksonville hotel room).

Most likely, the picture is from the same date;
Aug 10 th 1956 - Roosevelt Hotel - Jacksonville FLA

Mississippi wrote:This is definitive wrong, but what is the right date?

...Jensen also claimed he played bass with Elvis....

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:40 pm

In all pictures from August 1956, Jacksonville, I know, Elvis wore a white shirt at all times. Unfortunately I don’t know GR´s book Faces and Stages (Jacksonville hotel room). Please, send some pictures.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Mississippi wrote:In all pictures from August 1956, Jacksonville, I know, Elvis wore a white shirt at all times. Unfortunately I don’t know GR´s book Faces and Stages (Jacksonville hotel room). Please, send some pictures.

here is a low res. pic :

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:31 pm

E-Cat,

thanks for the picture. I think this image was shot by Fred Ward in Miami, August 3 – 4, 1956.

Mississippi

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:03 pm

Great photo Mississippi.

My first thought when I read the article was that it was from the May 1956 tour. Elvis wore black shirt a lot during that tour and even played Minneapolis where Jimmie Jensen had his band during the 1950s.

The May tour is a much more obvious timeframe than the August tour, if you ask me.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Brian,

I think so, too. I believe, Jimmie Jensen and his band have never played in Florida.

Mississippi

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:53 am

bripet56 wrote:My first thought when I read the article was that it was from the May 1956 tour.

My instincts say it's the 1956 tour of May 13 to 27.

Elvis played two shows in Minneapolis on the first day (St. Paul and Minneapolis), and my guess is this photo was part of a meet and greet with fellow musicians.

A careful read of the article implies it is further possible that these guys only signed on as the requisite local act for this one day only.

Jensen had his own country western band in Minneapolis from 1950 to 1959 ... Jensen played bass when he performed with Elvis.

Also, that last sentence may ALSO be read as:

Jensen played bass with his own band when he performed on the same bill with Elvis.

This is likely much closer to the truth.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: Also, that last sentence may ALSO be read as:

Jensen played bass with his own band when he performed on the same bill with Elvis.

This is likely much closer to the truth.

yes- makes sense !

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:10 am

Thanks, E-Cat.