Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis Picture Trivia Quiz - No.3

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm

We'll try just the one more, then....

A somewhat gaunt Vernon chats with his ex-daughter-in-law.

But why & when ?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:39 pm

Hmm, it might be something to do with Lisa-Marie ...

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Could it be Vernon and Priscilla in Vegas for the Always Elvis meeting during September 1978? This was when the statue of Elvis was dedicated at the Hilton.
An interesting film was run during this convention. It was a retrospective look at Elvis' life called "Always Elvis" (what else). It was shown on multiple screens in the theater. My friend saw it and was blown away by the footage used from the first Berle Show (very rare at that time), He viewed it again, shot a few minutes on Super 8 and sent me a copy.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Greybeard wrote:Could it be Vernon and Priscilla in Vegas for the Always Elvis meeting during September 1978?
This was when the statue of Elvis was dedicated at the Hilton.

You're very warm.

You might even be right.

But way out on the date, according to the pic's caption...........

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:07 pm

I thought the same as Greybeard, although I'm not sure of the date. A September, 1978 estimate seems to be close, though, as Vernon looks relatively healthy here. He would die 8-9 months later, in June, 1979 (assuming this is September, 1978)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:27 pm

No wonder Vernon doesn't look so good !

According to the caption, he'd been dead for over a year !

Greybeard - well done !

You won !

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 pm

He won this one but I will always be the very first winner of the very first picture quiz :wink: 8) :shock: :D

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:33 pm

elvis presley scrapbook wrote:He won this one but I will always be the very first winner of the very first picture quiz :wink: 8) :shock: :D

Cue for song:

"...they can't take that away from me............"

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:37 am

Where's quiz # 2?

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:05 am

Narek wrote:Where's quiz # 2?

It's coming, it's coming !

Honestly, some people have no patience whatsoever..........