Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis the cop, with Denver police captain, 1976

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 pm

Elvis in full dress uniform, you gotta love him!
With Denver police captain Jerry Kennedy and the other officer's name eludes me at the moment.

Cheers
Simon

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:54 pm

He looks so different on there.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:27 am

Little Darlin wrote:He looks so different on there.

Yes it almost doesn't look like him at all.

Hi

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:30 am

He wasn't in the best of health there...

At one time he told one of his police buddies that he really would like to be a cop, however upon hearing how much a cop made, he said that wouldn't even pay for his phone bills :)

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:50 am

Is this from 1976? Seems more like 1973 or 1974 to me. Just curious. But if it *is* from 1976, I think Elvis looks very good. Not only was he suffering health problems, but he was 41 years of age. You can't directly compare this to 1968-1970. Remove the drugs for a second: Elvis had also AGED ..... as we all do. Compare photos of Elvis in 1968 to photos of him in 1960. He matured quite a bit. The same span of time exists here. Sometimes, we are too hard on this man.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:58 pm

On the picture where he looks at the lady´s necklace, it almost seems like he just got the "Change of habit" hair cut once again!

//Björn

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:22 pm

During this period, there was a drastic weight loss.
Yet, he didn't look too healthy.

There were some positive developments during the last quarter of '76.
It's a shame '77 was 100% downhill again...

Re: Hi

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Simon1 wrote:

He wasn't in the best of health there...

At one time he told one of his police buddies that he really would like to be a cop, however upon hearing how much a cop made, he said that wouldn't even pay for his phone bills :)

Simon ..if You are interested in Elvis and His Police Buddies, I can highly recommend a Book called Elvis - in the beat of the night. I wrote a few words about it in the Review Section.

http://www.inthebeatofthenight.com/

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Robert wrote:During this period, there was a drastic weight loss.
Yet, he didn't look too healthy.

There were some positive developments during the last quarter of '76.
It's a shame '77 was 100% downhill again...

I dare say that had he tanned during this period, he would have looked real good. He lost quite of bit of weight since the Pontiac concert, and was in Colorado, ( I believe Vail and Denver ) during January, which was not the place to be to get a tan, that's for sure.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:28 pm

The big things working against him there are pale skin and strange eyes -- the former resulting from a lack of tan and the latter from a stupid eye-op. Really, how many people look that good at 41?

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:37 pm

Cryogenic wrote: the latter from a stupid eye-op.

Wasn't that done before the July'75 tour?
Yet his eyes looked "ok" during those concerts..

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:52 am

His eyes looked OK at first (but no longer as sultry or distinctive) ....... but they seemed to worsen in time. Sometimes, his face had a "hollowed out" look, and his eyes just seemed very average.

Just compare these "before" and "after" images on TCB-World:

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/files/ ... 5-74ES.jpg

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/files/ ... 4-76ES.jpg

He looks like a different person. And notice what looks like late scarring in the second photo.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:15 am

Robert wrote:During this period, there was a drastic weight loss.

In February 1976? You're thinking of October-December 1976.

I think he looks incredibly happy in the photos with the Denver officers. He was certainly having more fun then going downstairs to cut some music with the TCB band.

Re: Hi

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:22 am

[quote="Little Darlin"][quote="Simon1"][quote="Little Darlin

Simon ..if You are interested in Elvis and His Police Buddies, I can highly recommend a Book called Elvis - in the beat of the night. I wrote a few words about it in the Review Section.

Thank you very much Little Darlin. I did see it, and I also read a review in the excellent The Man & His Music magazine. I asked my dealer about it, they hope to have a copy for me soon.

Thank you again.

Cheers
Simon