Post here your Elvis' pictures

August 1970 with Hotel Security

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:40 pm

Elvis at the International Hotel with hotel security, August 1970.

I used this photo in my book 'King of Vegas'.

It is not an extremely rare photo, but some might not have seen it, I have always liked this one a lot.

Doesn't Elvis look like a Greek god!

They threw away the mould after him, that's for sure.

Cheers
Simon

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Thank you for the great quality! That goes also for the picture of the September 70s tour! Much appreciated.

Joern

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:06 pm

Stunning pic, thanks again Simon!

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:15 pm

quote:

Doesn't Elvis look like a Greek god!

:lol: :lol:

I liked that comment.

Indeed he was one of a kind.

Re: August 1970 with Hotel Security

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Simon1 wrote:Doesn't Elvis look like a Greek god!

We didn't study his likeness in my sophomore college Figure Drawing class for nothing.... indeed.

Great photo.... thanks!

Hi

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm glad you all like it. I'll try to put something up here on a regular basis.

It's funny, with Elvis somehow it is always okay if a guy says he was super good looking. Never an eyebrow is raised. The great Jerry Reed once said he saw Elvis and said it was the best looking face he'd ever seen. He went on to say, ' I wish I was that girl with him' :) Now that is humor folks :) Never was anyone as straight as Jerry mind you.

Somehow with other superstars it's not done to express your feelings like that. Elvis was just, well, magical.

Cheers
Simon

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:59 pm

He was indeed pure Magic. :wink:

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:51 pm

WOW!! That is now on my Desktop. Thank You.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:57 pm

Beautiful shot, thanks for posting simon.
simply stunning! 8)

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:38 am

Hey Everyone...try this on Your Desktop it's an absolute Stunner!!!

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:45 am

:smt118 Lovely picture

Is that an identity bracelet he is wearing? I can just about remember :wink: them being all the rage in the 70's.
Ironic, on a man who so did not need one!

Debs

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 am

53310761 wrote::smt118 Lovely picture

Is that an identity bracelet he is wearing? I can just about remember :wink: them being all the rage in the 70's.
Ironic, on a man who so did not need one!

Debs

Looks like it Debs :wink:

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:49 am

Hope I can find your books one day.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:23 pm

From what I remember, the identity bracelet was a present from the MM's. It has Elvis on one side, and Crazy, a favourite nickname for him on the other side.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:12 pm

DarrylMac wrote:From what I remember, the identity bracelet was a present from the MM's. It has Elvis on one side, and Crazy, a favourite nickname for him on the other side.

I don't think that's the "Crazy" bracelet, looks more like the other bulkier one from the "On Stage" album cover.

The "Crazy" bracelet was bought by Elvis, as well as others for the MM and necklaces, on 5th September 1970 as a thank you for looking after him after the assassination threat. It's a narrow solid 14kt gold tube ID tag on a rope style chain. Elvis's had a .25kt diamond on it which if the guys wanted added to theirs they had to pay the extra themselves :lol:

Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks guys, I'm always interested in his jewellery anyone got any other picture of this item?

Debs

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:54 pm

To me, that looks like the ID bracelet that is so prominent in the TTWII footage, especially during "That"s All Right" and in the other "guitar songs" close-up shots like this one. Talk about some "bling".... :lol:

Didn't that one have his name spelled out in diamonds? He wore that bracelet for several years until the mid-70s, IIRC.