Post here your Elvis' pictures

Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:24 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It was indeed wonderful when audio from both Tupelo Benefit shows in 1956 was issued in October 1984 on Elvis - A Golden Celebration (RCA CPM6-5172).

How then-RCA Presley producer Joan Deary found those tapes, I do not recall, but we all owe her a huge debt of gratitude.

Do you not think we all owe Joseph Pirzada the same level of gratitude for finding the actual "Footage" from the show?

The majority of us = Yes

Some = No

You don't need to answer by the way!

As seen in the majority of threads you contribute to, where you are proved wrong - You simply do not answer questions put to you - As you cannot answer them (Truthfully)

Example

Anyway - Another good thread I've enjoyed reading - And yes, this is what it's all about!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:06 am

Keith F wrote:Do you not think we all owe Joseph Pirzada the same level of gratitude for finding the actual "Footage" from the show?

Um, please don't ruin this thread. You -- somehow -- missed these Tupelo DVD kudos ->

Live 1950s's non-TV video & audio footage of Elvis found

Confusion over "Tupelo's Own" review on EIN site

Try a little harder next time.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:34 am

Keith F wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:It was indeed wonderful when audio from both Tupelo Benefit shows in 1956 was issued in October 1984 on Elvis - A Golden Celebration (RCA CPM6-5172).

How then-RCA Presley producer Joan Deary found those tapes, I do not recall, but we all owe her a huge debt of gratitude.

Do you not think we all owe Joseph Pirzada the same level of gratitude for finding the actual "Footage" from the show?

The majority of us = Yes

Some = No

You don't need to answer by the way!

As seen in the majority of threads you contribute to, where you are proved wrong - You simply do not answer questions put to you - As you cannot answer them (Truthfully)

Example

Anyway - Another good thread I've enjoyed reading - And yes, this is what it's all about!

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Keith F wrote:Do you not think we all owe Joseph Pirzada the same level of gratitude for finding the actual "Footage" from the show?

Um, please don't ruin this thread. You -- somehow -- missed these Tupelo DVD kudos ->

Live 1950s's non-TV video & audio footage of Elvis found

Confusion over "Tupelo's Own" review on EIN site

Try a little harder next time.

Let's put the complete "Quotes" back up eh? And not just the edited "Quotes" you normally put back up to suit yourself!

You must have been getting bored with yourself to reply to this post after nearly 24 hours - even though you were replying to other posts in the same time frame, long before this one!

And still you manage to avoid admitting you were wrong!

Why does that not surprise me?

I'll specify again - as I did in another thread:-

Go on - Just once - admit you are wrong! Show everyone here that you really do care about getting facts correct - and not just certain facts that you want to be correct!

Be a man for the first time in your life!

Or is that so hard for you to do?

It's time now for you to try a lot harder!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Another pic. It's colorized it seems

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Surely this thread has to mysteriously disappear now.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:58 pm

Spellbinder wrote:Surely this thread has to mysteriously disappear now.

No no no .... threads don't 'mysteriously' disappear on here................

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:11 pm

Never...
:smt017
O.S.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:53 pm

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/featu ... 73a636fe14

(Arni May holds a 50-year-old souvenir photo of himself and Elvis as he prepares to take the stage Friday during the Elvis 50th anniversary concert at the PNE. Photo:Gerry Kahrmann)

Jazz musician got the call when Elvis was 22 and he was 20.

Arni May had been riding high on the Ottawa jazz circuit for almost six years when he was offered the opportunity of a lifetime: Elvis Presley was coming to town, and wanted him as his drummer.

It was union laws that forced Presley's management to hire local musicians for the sold-out show, but once he entered the dressing room, May said Presley greeted him as a peer and a friend.

"I was nervous and excited," said May, who was 20 when he met the 22-year-old star and performed two 45-minute sets with him at Ottawa's former Auditorium on April 3, 1957.

Now 70, May has been the proprietor of Rossini's jazz club in Kitsilano for 15 years, and will perform some of Elvis's greatest hits at the PNE concert tonight commemorating the 50th anniversary of Presley's first and only show in Vancouver.

"Over the last couple of months, with this anniversary coming up, it's just brought back some beautiful memories," May said. "I spent the day with him, and I'm telling you, he left an impression with me that I'll just never forget.

"He knew I liked jazz and Latin jazz, so he asked about me, and you don't expect those things, you know what I mean?

"[He was an] exceptionally earthy kid. I mean, at 22 years old you don't expect that. I would have expected him to be punky, but he wasn't at all. He was a first-class gentleman."

Leading a 16-piece big band on that legendary night, May pounded out Elvis hits, including "Blue Suede Shoes," "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Love Me Tender," even as the sound of screaming fans nearly obliterated the King's crooning.

When it was over, what he was left with were memories that would last a lifetime.

"I didn't want to cash the cheque, you know? I was going to try and keep it as a souvenir," May said. "But couldn't help it -- I had to -- I didn't have enough money to pay the guys [in my band]."

PEP 8)

Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:17 am

PEP wrote:It was union laws that forced Presley's management to hire local musicians for the sold-out show, but once he entered the dressing room, May said Presley greeted him as a peer and a friend.

So they hired additional musicians or replacement? Scotty Bill and DJ played, right?

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:29 am

JamesVRoy wrote:So they hired additional musicians or replacement? Scotty Bill and DJ played, right?

Most likely he and other local musicians performed as one of the opening acts -- not with Scotty, Bill, D.J., the Jordanaires and Elvis.

His band might have supported the Jordanaires set instead of Presley's backing band doing the duty. An outside possibility is that Arni set up his kit next to Presley's crew and played along, much the same as when Elvis had both Buddy Harman and D.J. together on stage in February 1961.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:33 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:So they hired additional musicians or replacement? Scotty Bill and DJ played, right?

Most likely he and other local musicians performed as one of the opening acts -- not with Scotty, Bill, D.J., the Jordanaires and Elvis.

His band might have supported the Jordanaires set instead of Presley's backing band doing the duty. An outside possibility is that Arni set up his kit next to Presley's crew and played along, much the same as when Elvis had both Buddy Harman and D.J. together on stage in February 1961.

I love it when you try and get yourself out of a hole!

drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you Red Robinson!

Don't always believe what you read regarding what Red says! His memory is slipping - like everyone else's! And it's clear that the Colonel didn't like him. When you listen to the phone call between the Colonel and Red Robinson from 1965 ( "Let's Take It On Home Again Volume 2") and then listen to the many calls made by Tom Moffatt, it's clear that the Colonel (and Elvis) liked Tom Moffatt.

I wonder why the Colonel (or Elvis) didn't get back to Red?

Try harder!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:57 am

Why are you continuing to attempt to derail this topic -- one that has clearly brought enjoyment to so many on this forum? Have you run out of alternate takes of "Judy" to count? Please, go start a thread of interest, and leave us alone.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:03 am

Next you guys will be hitting each other with your handbags :roll:!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:13 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Why are you continuing to attempt to derail this topic -- one that has clearly brought enjoyment to so many on this forum? Have you run out of alternate takes of "Judy" to count? Please, go start a thread of interest, and leave us alone.

This topic has brought enjoyment to many - mainly due to Keith's contributions.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am

Spellbinder wrote:This topic has brought enjoyment to many - mainly due to Keith's contributions.

Your self-professed obsession with accuracy has failed you yet again. I have created more topics of interest in the past week than your pal has offered all year -- this one a prime example. Do love your Chaney avatar, though.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:01 am

Neutral corners gentlemen, stay on topic, please and thank you :wink:

PEP 8)

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:09 am

Ding, ding .. round one :roll:!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:38 am

The story about drummer Arni May was also posted in the ALL ELVIS section yesterday.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31758

It usually pays to treat these stories with a healthy scepticism!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:46 am

PEP wrote:... stay on topic, please ...

Thanks for supporting my point, PEP. I have twice over politely asked that the topic not be derailed. As you may have noticed, it didn't help much.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:49 am

Hi Narek,

your photo isn’t from Chicago, it is from Tupelo, September 27th, 1957.

Mississippi

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:This topic has brought enjoyment to many - mainly due to Keith's contributions.

Your self-professed obsession with accuracy has failed you yet again. I have created more topics of interest in the past week than your pal has offered all year -- this one a prime example. Do love your Chaney avatar, though.

Yes - I'm quite pleased with it. I think I'll stick with this one a while. My wife has a "Phantom Of The Opera" kick going at the moment which resulted in me surfing the subject. I saw this pic and thought it might be a suitable avatar but it turned out even better than I anticipated.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:02 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Your self-professed obsession with accuracy has failed you yet again.

My statement is accurate.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:06 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:It usually pays to treat these stories with a healthy scepticism!

True, if one is an intelligent, discerning Presley aficionado.

Mississippi wrote:Hi Narek, your photo isn’t from Chicago, it is from Tupelo, September 27th, 1957.

To be fair, his post does not mention Chicago. It is a great shot -- and the colourization fairly decent.

Oh, to have a tape of that night, with Elvis, Hank, Chuck, D.J. and the Jordanaires!

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:22 am

http://eta247.tripod.com/goldlametoronto.mp3

PEP 8)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:08 am

PEP wrote:http://eta247.tripod.com/goldlametoronto.mp3

PEP -- what is this? It's only 11.2 KB and does not play.