Post here your Elvis' pictures

At the end of a '69 show

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:29 pm

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:40 pm

Cool shot simon 8)
he doesnt seem to have a shirt on under neath the jacket? thanks for posting 8)

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:20 pm

daz cav wrote:Cool shot simon 8)
he doesnt seem to have a shirt on under neath the jacket? thanks for posting 8)

Looks like he completely soaked in sweat. To see him with his eyes closed, just lapping up the applause, probably thinking he's "home" again back on stage, awesome!

Hi

Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Glad you like them Daz and Joe!

1954-1958 and 1968-1970 Elvis looked just unbelievable. Mind you, he didn't look too bad the other years, but during those years he was just magical.

Cheers
Simon

Re: Hi

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:17 am

Simon1 wrote:Glad you like them Daz and Joe!

1954-1958 and 1968-1970 Elvis looked just unbelievable. Mind you, he didn't look too bad the other years, but during those years he was just magical.

Cheers
Simon

I agree 100%, Simon. Thanks for the great shot....

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:00 am

awesome pic

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 am

It would make a good cd cover, either front or back (with track listings etc etc)!

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Soaking up the applause. He was definitely at the top of his game.
Last edited by Rob on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:18 am

His microphone stand is out there on stage... Could it be the ending of What'd I Say? Since he was leaving the stage in the middle of the song (correct me if I'm worng) he could have left the microphone on the stand. Then returned on stage leaving the stand out there for the ending of the song... However, this is a magnificent photo! Thanks!

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:06 pm

are those steel-toed black boots? very cool.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Indeed they are, he is also seen in the rehearsals from TTWIS, wearing the same foot-wear!!
Thought they were cool then, think so now, and wonder if he was still around what kinda of other fashion statements he would bring to the table?,
Elvis was ALWAYS ahead of his time, in this department!
I mean Pink shirts, Pink socks, Ducktail Hair,peg piants with the bucket in the back? You remember those donach ya Ger?
..a wonderful pic getting a just-applause, thanks Simon your recent photos makes the picture section just that much more enjoyable!

Hi

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:26 am

Thanks everyone for the compliments, glad you y'alll like it.

Cheers
Simon

Hi

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:58 am

Did you all notice the outfit he is wearing? It is unlike the dark blue, black and white , better known outfits he wore in August:

In fact I think it is the outfit he wore for the Press conference following his July 31 opening night show. The press conference took place after midnight, making it his August 1 press conference. The reason Parker chose this nightly hour was because there were some other acts opening that night, forcing the press to miss out those openings :)