Post here your Elvis' pictures

Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Elton wrote:Hats off to ya E-Cat, for the shot from afar, shows what Elvis meant when stated he had played fairs,barns ect. while on stage in the '70's..
..and da reviews you posted are just awesome... A outstanding thread!

Thanks a lot, Elton.

FYI -- Elvis' comments are meant more about the barnstorming days or 1955-56, where he really did play almost anywhere they could get a booking.

By September 1957, they were almost exclusively a stadium act, the only one in rock and roll at that time -- another trend begun by our hero.

As for the amazing E-Cat photo ->

It invites several questions:

- which member of the Jordanaires is playing piano?
- what song are they performing?
- there are Jordanaires stage left and right, the one stage left singing into a mic, where is the fourth one?

Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:43 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Elton wrote:Hats off to ya E-Cat, for the shot from afar, shows what Elvis meant when stated he had played fairs,barns ect. while on stage in the '70's..
..and da reviews you posted are just awesome... A outstanding thread!

Thanks a lot, Elton.

FYI -- Elvis' comments are meant more about the barnstorming days or 1955-56, where he really did play almost anywhere they could get a booking.

By September 1957, they were almost exclusively a stadium act, the only one in rock and roll at that time -- another trend begun by our hero.

As for the amazing E-Cat photo ->

It invites several questions:

- which member of the Jordanaires is playing piano?
- what song are they performing?
- there are Jordanaires stage left and right, the one stage left singing into a mic, where is the fourth one?

Infrickincredible! Hats off to everybody who has contributed to this magnificent thread!

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:13 pm

Elton wrote:You offended no one Little Darlin', manners are always in style!

Hats off to ya E-Cat, for the shot from afar, shows what Elvis meant when stated he had played fairs,barns ect. while on stage in the '70's..
..and da reviews you posted are just awesome..

Brings GOOD STUFF to the message board,from you and ALL the above mentioned members.
as well as a couple not mention..
Great things to see and read and learn....
A outstanding thread!

Thank You Elton .. if nothing else I am polite 8)

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:08 pm

E-Cat, that is an awesome photo from Tacoma showing the entire stage with Jordanaires scattered all across the stage and Nipper on guard in the right corner.

Just plain wonderful.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:57 pm

bripet56 wrote:E-Cat, that is an awesome photo from Tacoma showing the entire stage with Jordanaires scattered all across the stage and Nipper on guard in the right corner.

I think I found the "missing" Jordanaire -- he's standing behind Scotty.

Brian, any guess as to the song being performed?

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:any guess as to the song being performed?

It's quite clearly Blueberry Hill.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:20 am

Spellbinder wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Brian, any guess as to the song being performed?

It's quite clearly Blueberry Hill.

Is your name Brian?

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:38 am

KOOL!! Thread!! Thanks .

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is your name Brian?

I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:15 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

Hey man, I'm Brian, too. Seems to be too many of us floating around out there in cyber-space. :lol: :lol:

drjohn wrote:
Brian, any guess as to the song being performed?

Well, Spellbinder might be right on this as Elvis did sing "Blueberry Hill" during the show. I don't know if somebody played piano on any of the other songs sung at the 57-shows but this is definitely one of them.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:49 am

bripet56 wrote:Well, Spellbinder might be right on this as Elvis did sing "Blueberry Hill" during the show. I don't know if somebody played piano on any of the other songs sung at the 57-shows but this is definitely one of them.

If not "Blueberry Hill" what might it be? Do any of your 1957 reviews indicate songs in the set where Elvis would have sung while someone else played piano?

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:16 pm

I am not Brian, nor have I ever pretended to be Brian, but it would seem there would be a handfull of songs in which they could have been playing.

"Ready Teddy" ala--the Sullivan show

"All shook up"

"That's when your heartaches begin"

"Hound Dog" but he would have taken off the guitar by then to make his quick escape.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:24 pm

Maybe it's the start of "Hound Dog" -- the guitar is off, and leaning against the drum riser.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote: - which member of the Jordanaires is playing piano?

If this hasn't been answered, to be honest, I only can recollect ever seeing Hoyt Hawkins at the piano.

Re: Elvis Hits Tacoma -> September 1, 1957!

Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:10 am

Fantastic topic!

Re: Elvis Hits Tacoma -> September 1, 1957!

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:32 am

unclefester wrote:Was Gordon Stoker not an accomplished piano player??..........uf

Stoker was on the keys in Los Angeles for the first Sullivan broadcast in September 1956 ("Ready Teddy"), but Hawkins has been captured playing piano in at least one image from the August-September 1957 tour.

Re:

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:24 am

Juan Luis wrote:KOOL!! Thread!! Thanks .

Thanks, Juan Luis!