Post here your Elvis' pictures

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:51 pm

bripet56 wrote:JamesVRoy, your last shot is from Vancouver August 31, 1957.
Great shot of our man.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
(1971 and 1973 tours uploaded)

Yeah, I looked at an uncropped version and noticed a different backdrop. Is th pic that was posted not too long ago of elvis exiting the area with the cops scrambling from behind the stage from Vancouver?

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:49 am

JamesVRoy wrote:Is th pic that was posted not too long ago of elvis exiting the area with the cops scrambling from behind the stage from Vancouver?

IIRC, that was Elvis exiting after his September 27 Tupelo gig.

Hi

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Re: Hi

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:35 pm

Thanks for putting this larger Seattle shot in this topic, Simon.

L-R: Elvis, Gordon Stoker, Neal Matthews, Hugh Jarrett, Hoyt Hawkins

Now, the question is, what song are they doing? The set list ->

Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
I Got A Woman
That's When Your Heartaches Begin
I Was The One
Teddy Bear
Don't Be Cruel
Love Me
Fools Hall Of Fame
Blue Suede Shoes
Blueberry Hill - Elvis on piano
Mean Woman Blues
Hound Dog

On the September 9, 1956 Ed Sullivan TV appearance, Gordon played piano on "Ready Teddy" while here we see Hoyt behind the keys! Did anyone know Hoyt assumed this role on stage for Presley?

As Hoyt played piano on one of the January soundtrack sessions for "Mean Woman Blues," it is likely that song we are seeing in the photo. Boy, I sure wish we could HEAR it, too.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Now, the question is, what song are they doing? The set list ->

Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
I Got A Woman
That's When Your Heartaches Begin
I Was The One
Teddy Bear
Don't Be Cruel
Love Me
Fools Hall Of Fame
Blue Suede Shoes
Blueberry Hill - Elvis on piano
Mean Woman Blues
Hound Dog

On the September 9, 1956 Ed Sullivan TV appearance, Gordon played piano on "Ready Teddy" while here we see Hoyt behind the keys! Did anyone know Hoyt assumed this role on stage for Presley?

As Hoyt played piano on one of the January soundtrack sessions for "Mean Woman Blues," it is likely that song we are seeing in the photo.
The Jordanaires have no mikes on this photo. Was it a common thing or does it mean that they were not singing on the song? If they were not singing I believe it could not be Mean Woman Blues.

The Jordanaires have no mikes on this photo. Was it a common thing or does it mean that they were not singing on the song? If they were not singing I believe it could not be Mean Woman Blues.

Could it be Fools Hall Of Fame?

Boy, I sure wish we could HEAR it, too.

Sometimes I think I'd kill to hear it...

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:50 pm

There's a mic to Hoyt's left, by the piano -- the Jordanaires usually shared a mic when singing close with Elvis, but they must have had one devoted to their backing vocals. The photo depicts them well off to stage right.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:43 pm

It's quite clearly Blueberry Hill.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Simon1 wrote:Image

Cool, ColinB should use this one for a Trivia question to finf out whose hand that is on the stage :idea:

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 pm

Spellbinder wrote:It's quite clearly Blueberry Hill.

Based on what? Elvis usually liked to play that himself -- for example, in Los Angeles during his October tour.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:37 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Based on what? Elvis usually liked to play that himself -- for example, in Los Angeles during his October tour.

Has your sense of humour been surgically removed? Of course it can't be "Blueberry Hill" for the reason you state.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:45 am

JamesVRoy wrote:Cool, ColinB should use this one for a Trivia question to finf out whose hand that is on the stage :idea:

Not much use if he doesn't know the answer, though !

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:20 am

Spellbinder wrote:Has your sense of humour been surgically removed?

Was there something funny we missed in that reply?

Spellbinder wrote:Of course it can't be "Blueberry Hill" for the reason you state.

What if that had been Dudley Brooks sitting at the piano?

Is it possible the song is "Blueberry Hill"? Of course, yes.

Is it likely? Of course, the answer is no.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Spellbinder was just taking a flier on this, Doc, and was not being serious.