Post here your Elvis' pictures

Seen or unseen?

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:54 am

An Elvis friend says the photos below are originals and are unpublished...anyone seen them before? They look very familiar to me, but thought I'd ask before I declared him wrong.

Thanks!

Re: Seen or unseen?

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:24 am

davidtcb1 wrote:An Elvis friend says the photos below are originals and are unpublished...anyone seen them before? They look very familiar to me, but thought I'd ask before I declared him wrong.

The top right appears to have been published in Florida Close-Up (Tutti Frutti, 1987) -- the others may also date from that August 1956 visit.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:44 am

Doc, the photos you're thinking of were published in Ger Rijff's "The Cool King" although both have pictures from the August 56 tour of Florida.

All four photos are from Tampa, Fl. August 5, 1956 and NONE of them were published in "The Cool King" or any other book I have. So the guy is probably right in that they are unpublished.

Great photos.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
(1970 section updated August 16)

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Also, 2 of them are the same photo, just with Elvis enlarged. (top left and bottom left)

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm

Yes, I agree that the two on the left are the same photo, the bottom one just zoomed in.

Thanks all for your input.