Post here your Elvis' pictures

Humes High School

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:08 pm

Of the many things I did at Elvis Week, I was thrilled to see Humes High. I had never been inside before, but was so glad we took that tour. Here is the bathroom where Elvis had been threatened with a haircut:

[img][img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/KHoots/Elvis%20Week%202007/elvisweek20070692.jpg[/img]

[/img]

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:24 pm

So that's the place Elvis ''officially'' met Red? As in the first time they spoke?

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:13 pm

Nice pic, I don't usually...er.... hang around in men's toilets long enough to have a good look!!! :lol: :lol: :oops:

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Yeah, I'll admit I don't usually spend so much time in the men's room, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time! Here are a few more from Humes...

This one was taken from the opposite side. Never mind the ladies. They were allowed in!

Hoots Hoopin' in Elvis's old gymnasium.

Full shot of the old gym.

The Humes auditorium stage is original. The principal told us they are planning to replace it soon, and they may cut up this stage and sell it in pieces to raise funds for the school.

A look where the talent would come offstage. "They really liked me, Miss Scrivener!"