Post here your Elvis' pictures

Lauderdale court, Then and now

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 am

Went by Lauderdale courts last week to get a shot of an old setting. the perspective was a tad off so I won't do an overlay but you get the drift.

ImageImage

If I have time later this week I'll post the comparison shots of White Station then and now.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:25 am

It's great the property has not been torn down -- it is a part of history. Thanks for posting these.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:42 am

Man, I llllllove then and now photo's! Thank you oh so very much for the upload :lol:!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:36 am

awesome..would love to see more comparison shots of then and now

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:38 am

Please don't take this the wrong, but after studying it closely, the photo that JamesVRoy took is not the same area of the Courts as seen in the old b/w shot of Presley! Nonetheless, I am truly thankful for all/ any uploads! Cheers :lol:!

Note - both the angle of the stairs and the amount of steps! That place must be the same on every corner of the building!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:32 pm

Funky - i thought that at first. There are 7 steps in the old photo, 6 in the new, but in the old photo, there are no railings. I think the steps in the new photo's look more recent than 50 years old. Perhaps the old 7 steps were replaced with 6 newer steps with railings?

After all, every other detail in the photo is correct.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:22 pm

Also, the pavement walkway has been replaced. Notice that behind Elvis the concrete runs straight out from the stairs closer to the rear wing. There are only two possible locations that picture could be taken with that the most likely. That particular building was the only one shaped like that in the courts, the other opposing end to it would/ve been symetrical.

Also, the entrance to Elvis' apartment is just to his right in front of him. The door in the far left of the larger picture

This was the property in 2002 before renovations

more pix here http://www.pbase.com/jroy/lauderdalecourts

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:02 pm

James,

Great to speak to you in Memphis last week! I loved the Lauderdale Courts tour. My wife snapped this shot of me...

[img][img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/KHoots/Elvis%20Week%202007/elvisweek20071653.jpg[/img][/img]

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Cool, Great minds think alike. Sorry we couldn't meet up. Next time.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:30 pm

:lol: I did stop by Poplar/White Station for a few shots, James, but I'm afraid to open that can of worms again by posting the pics!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:38 pm

I just did

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:43 am

Brother KHoots, that is an awesome pic your wife took! Man, that shirt brings back fond memories as I too, own one! Glad you guys made it for the 30th :lol:!

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Nice one Khoots! thought you were Elvis for a second!! :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:02 pm

Look at the windows behind Elvis' head....to the right there is a row of discolored looking bricks....the after shot has the same effect..not changed in so many years! Incredible...Ps. Check other rows and you know it is the same spot.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:38 pm

KHoots, which one is you, brother :lol:?!

ImageImage

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 pm

I get that question a lot.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:13 pm

A few more from the interior of Lauderdale Courts.

When you open the door at 185 Winchester, you walk up a few stairs, and you're facing the front door to the apartment.

You open the door to see the living room.

The bathroom is just off the living room.

Elvis's bedroom. Nothing in there is original, so they don't care what you do.

You can even kiss the wall if you wish. I passed, but there was a reporter there from Miami who asked Dennise to do it for a picture.

Dennise got comfortable in the bedroom of Vernon and Gladys, too.

The kitchen table.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Awesome pics Khoots. Thanks to you and your wife for sharing them with us!

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Much thanks Khoots,for sharing!!

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:59 pm

KHoots wrote:
Elvis's bedroom. Nothing in there is original, so they don't care what you do.

:shock: :shock: Within reason, we hope. :wink:

Again, thanks for sharing. (JamesVRoy, too)

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Awesome photo's, Chief :lol:!