Post here your Elvis' pictures

April 22nd '57 Candid!?

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 am

This was in all probability taken during the last week of April '57!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:03 am

Brian, I don't normally bump up a subject, but what information may you have on this candid!? I thank you in advance :lol:!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:49 pm

Hi Funky.

None at all. Never seen it and don't recognize any of the people in the photo.

However, I don't think it's as early as April 57. The gates were installed in late April (don't have the date as I'm at work right now) and you'll see that someonw has already written Elvis on the mailbox.

I don't remember off head if the wall to the right of the gate is the same as in the other 1957 photos we have from 1957.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
(1970 section updated August 16)

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:11 pm

If you have a look over the wall, on the right of the pics, you can see what looks like snow on the ground, and the trees have no leaves on them. Also, if you have a look at the group of people, they're wearing overcoats, and one guy looks like he has on a fur hat.

On that basis, it must be winter, which would make it perhaps from November onwards, and 1957 at the earliest, possibly early 58?

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi, thefunkyangel,

the new iron gate was installed April 22, 1957. Elvis was photographed standing in front of the gate for the first time April 26. He wore a yellow jacket, brown trousers – it’s springtime in Memphis. But at this picture it looks like fall or winter. I believe, it’s the end of the year 1957.

Mississippi

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:37 pm

Thankyou to all of you for your input :lol:! It's hard to believe Presley hadn't fixed up the drive way, by that time! Cheers!