Post here your Elvis' pictures

Spinout - Film Location!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:51 pm

After much research I have found out where they filmed scenes for Spinout, notably the scene where Presley (and Fabares - not that we see her) drive off the bridge! It was filmed in a small town in California called Cornell, which is the same place the photographs were taken of Presley and co. on motorcycles! Note the Cornell General Store in the background and compare photgraphs! Cornell is situated north west of Los Angeles half way between Glendale and (more closer to) Thousand Oaks (where most of the scenes for Roustabout were filmed), along the Ventura Freeway! I would like to thank Elvislennon2004 from TCB - World for providing a screen capture!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:42 pm

Great work Funky, thanks for the time spent...

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:22 pm

It would be neat to see the locations as they are today.

Anyone?

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:10 am

Rob, it is unfortunate that none of us live in California :cry:! Elton, thank you for your kind words!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:48 am

Thanks for your hard work Funky. I had no idea they filmed Spinout there. I used to live about a 30 minute drive from Cornell and often had a fun time driving the canyon roads in that area on my motorcycle in my teen years and later on in my car. Wish I knew then what (thanks to you) I know now. :)

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:37 am

Great stuff, thanks again funkman!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:52 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Rob, it is unfortunate that none of us live in California :cry:! Elton, thank you for your kind words!

I live in California but it takes quite a few hours to get to Los Angeles. :oops:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am

John B wrote:Thanks for your hard work Funky. I had no idea they filmed Spinout there. I used to live about a 30 minute drive from Cornell and often had a fun time driving the canyon roads in that area on my motorcycle in my teen years and later on in my car. Wish I knew then what (thanks to you) I know now. :)

John B, any chances you can gun that ol' motorcycle of yours and go for a ride :lol:! You can even ride through Thousand Oaks singing 'Wheels On My Heels', if you want! Thank guys for all the kind words :lol:!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:47 am

Francesc wrote: I live in California but it takes quite a few hours to get to Los Angeles. :oops:

Sorry Francesc, old mate, I forgot about you :cry:! While I'm begging for forgiveness can you let us know if you live near any of Presley' old haunts! Man, I need to organize a year - long road trip!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:04 am

John B, (as you know) a establishment (doubled as Mother's Tea House in Roustabout) was used in (I am assuming) the Thousand Oaks area! I was wondering if you remembered seeing it? Perhaps it's still there, albeit modified!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:39 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:
Francesc wrote: I live in California but it takes quite a few hours to get to Los Angeles. :oops:

Sorry Francesc, old mate, I forgot about you :cry:! While I'm begging for forgiveness can you let us know if you live near any of Presley' old haunts! Man, I need to organize a year - long road trip!

Yeah you always forget about me, haha. I live in Visalia, freaking middle of California. I'm close to Fresno. :roll:

Re: Spinout - Film Location!

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am

thefunkyangel wrote:After much research I have found out where they filmed scenes for Spinout, notably the scene where Presley (and Fabares - not that we see her) drive off the bridge! It was filmed in a small town in California called Cornell, which is the same place the photographs were taken of Presley and co. on motorcycles! Note the Cornell General Store in the background and compare photgraphs! Cornell is situated north west of Los Angeles half way between Glendale and (more closer to) Thousand Oaks (where most of the scenes for Roustabout were filmed), along the Ventura Freeway! I would like to thank Elvislennon2004 from TCB - World for providing a screen capture!

Hello all,
Just following up on this thread along with the posts regarding the Live A Little, Love A Little locations. Here is what appears to be the same Spinout location overview using Google maps. Mulholland Highway in what is now Agoura Hills. My plan is to get out there and to the LALLAL spots in the next week with my digital camera.

Last edited by mjsantafe on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:36 am

cool

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:33 am

mjsantafe, man you are one frickin' legend! You have made my day! I got your PM and came straight on in! This photo is awesome! I wonder if Fabares has ever driven past since '66! Once again, I thank you ever so much! Cheers!

Hello all,
Just following up on this thread along with the posts regarding the Live A Little, Love A Little locations. Here is what appears to be the same Spinout location overview using Google maps. Mulholland Highway in what is now Agoura Hills. My plan is to get out there and to the LALLAL spots in the next week with my digital camera.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:52 pm

Hey Funkyman my dear friend, Thank you for this wonderful topic just as mine :wink: with the LIve A Little locations....always thought its great to see and know where all those places :) many thanks as always :wink:
sincerely
Lior

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:38 am

You are most welcome, Lior, but don't forget to also thank mjsantafe with his plan to get out there and to the LALLAL spots in the next week with his digital camera. I envy anyone who lives in California, who owns a digital camera! mjsantafe, we all await your photo's! Good luck and stay safe in doing so! Cheers!

Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:26 am

here are a few more aerials of the current location (which show not much more)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:33 am

I wish I could figure out why I like this kind of stuff so much, but then again, who cares WHY? Bring it on!

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 am

JamesVRoy, you need not justify your uploads, man! I thank you ever so much for bringing these three shots to the table! Keep up the good work! Cheers!

KHoots, we need to all go on a road trip :lol:!

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:18 am

mjsantafe and JamesVRoy, I am indeed bumping this thread up :wink:! Hint, hint keep the images coming ppppplease! Cheers!

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:22 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:KHoots, we need to all go on a road trip :lol:!

You bring the bubbly, and I'll bring the camera--or vice versa.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:00 pm

If all goes well, I will have some updated digital photos for you all within 48 hours of this post...

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:08 pm

cool. I won't be out that way until mid-late January. From the aerial, the only thing that looks the same is the bridge.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:42 am

Taken December 1, 2008:

What was the Cornell Country Store (nice of them to keep part of the original sign)

The Spinout Bridge (same location)

Last edited by mjsantafe on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:44 am

mjsantafe, thank you so much for posting those..its so cool to see what it looks like nowadays compared to when the shooting for the film occured. again thanks!