Post here your Elvis' pictures

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:55 am

I have two of them but do you mind me posting them marqued???

Can't do it otherwise :roll:

At The Gates

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:16 am

At The Gates

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:18 am

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:29 am

Re: At The Gates

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:47 am

alstrada wrote:Image

I brought this off eBay and gave a copy to Sonny West. Presley sure looked good in this March 1960 photograph!

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:48 am

Unclefester, if the photo you're looking for is the b/w alstrada posted then maybe you "misplaced" it by moving it to 1960 where it belongs :lol:

The colour phot is from March 13, 1960 and the b/w is from around the same time.

The one Riley posted is indeed from 1957 but Elvis is not looking directly into the camera as he does in the 1960 photo. Nice shot anyway.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:28 am

He looks so different in that photo.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:47 am

Little Darlin wrote:

He looks so different in that photo.

Whilst I am not for one moment questioning its authenticity, this photo looks weird.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:32 am

I can tell where it's taken, a strange angle but it's right in the corner, there's a traffic mirror there now.
Look across the road, nothing there at all! It must have been so rural round there back then.

Anyway, his hair. What the feck is going on there? It's like he's wearing one of those strange donut hair inserts my Mum had in the sixties to give her a beehive.

That hair's just mad!

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:27 pm

hi hi,

funny but true indeed

Probably the worst hairstyle he ever had

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:42 pm

Swithin StCleeve wrote:Anyway, his hair.
What the feck is going on there?
It's like he's wearing one of those strange donut hair inserts my Mum had in the sixties to give her a beehive....

OMG - I think I knew your mother !

Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:11 pm

riley wrote:hi hi,

funny but true indeed

Probably the worst hairstyle he ever had

Worse than the '70s bowl cut?

Anyway, the strange thing is, at the Graceland Vernon's office press conference, and Sinatra show, he had a great, massive, gravity defying quiff, (oddly, bigger on HIS right side, as in this photo) I think he may well be wearing some kind of hair helper here. It's two days after he had his hair dyed black again, right?

That ain't the wind blowing his hair up. And it wasn't naturally bushy, so I reckon his hairdresser gave him some quiff helping appendage.

"aaah, suuuhr, ah just got out the army and, uh, I wanna reclaim my crown, ah, as the king. . I need me the biggest quiff of mah careeer if you don't mind suhr"

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:12 pm

Please post a pic of that 70's style you just mentionned

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:54 pm

riley wrote:Please post a pic of that 70's style you just mentionned

You asked for it . .

There's another shot from possibly the same show that shows it up even worse. It was on the cover of the Daily Mirror (I think) newspaper in the UK the day after he died. Anyone got a scan?

What was he thinking?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 pm

That hairstyle did Him no favours at all.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:27 pm

Ok thanks for posting.
Indeed this was not doing him "any" favour.

Then the other hairstyle early sixties was even better.

Was it Larry Gellar who gave him this look.

In fact talking about his hair,

who were all his hairdressers???????????

Our famous man must have had different ones. I heard that even Priscilla was appointed to do his hair on some occassions.

Can you imagine :lol:

She was not a hairdresser and then having her done his hair. :? :?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:39 pm

Patti Parry was one. I think she was known as the only Female member of the Memphis Mafia.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:56 am

Swithin StCleeve wrote:
riley wrote:Please post a pic of that 70's style you just mentionned

You asked for it . .

There's another shot from possibly the same show that shows it up even worse. It was on the cover of the Daily Mirror (I think) newspaper in the UK the day after he died. Anyone got a scan?

What was he thinking?

Arghhh, the March '76 tour!

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:31 pm

This had to be one of the most "Bad Hair Cuts" of all time.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:02 pm

But his face made it good for sure :wink:

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:20 am

This one was not really looking good either