Post here your Elvis' pictures

Berle show pic

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 am

I never saw this one before. This is from jordanaires web site. It says this is Milten Berle show

Re: Berle show pic

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:29 am

Narek wrote:This is from jordanaires web site.
It says this is Milten Berle show

Looks like a rehearsal from their clothes.

Is that an original colour shot ?

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:31 am

Narek wrote:Image
I never saw this one before. This is from jordanaires web site. It says this is Milten Berle show

What an awesome pic!

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:57 am

This pic (or at least a very similar one) is available in the brilliant Ger Rijff book "Shock, Rattle & Roll" which is about the Berle show. This looks like a colourized pic to me. All I know is, in Rijff's book it's in black and white -- and it looks much better that way.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:All I know is, in Rijff's book it's in black and white -- and it looks much better that way.

And shouldn't those girls be blonde, rather than grey ?

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:22 pm

ColinB wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:All I know is, in Rijff's book it's in black and white -- and it looks much better that way.

And shouldn't those girls be blonde, rather than grey ?

Haha! I didn't notice that... Looks like a couple of grandmothers sitting there in front of Elvis!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 pm

I think it's colorized too.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:16 pm

John from Woodley wrote:Bit worried about what the person directly in front of him is doing. Maybe I just need to clean my specs.

Its ok, the person's a female.

Seems like the Jordanaires have formed a queue and waiting their turn. :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Bodie wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:Bit worried about what the person directly in front of him is doing. Maybe I just need to clean my specs.

Its ok, the person's a female.

Seems like the Jordanaires have formed a queue and waiting their turn. :lol: :lol:

Is that Hugh Jarrett at the end ?

Poor guy - she'll be all puckered out by the time he gets there..............

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:26 pm

It's the June 5, 1956 Berle rehearsal of "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You," colourized and posted on the EPGo!d web site about 4 years ago. It was "borrowed" from Ger Rijff's awesome black & white photo journal of the June Berle appearance, "Shock, Rattle & Roll."