Post here your Elvis' pictures

Is this picture from Pittsburgh New Years Eve?

Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 pm

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
DJL

Wed May 30, 2007 9:19 pm

No, I believe it's from June 1 1975 Huntsville, Alabama show. He did wear this same outfit for the Pittsburgh 76 New Years eve show however.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:04 pm

Joe Car wrote:No, I believe it's from June 1 1975 Huntsville, Alabama show. He did wear this same outfit for the Pittsburgh 76 New Years eve show however.
And in Pittsburg maybe even a little thinner BUT not as healthy looking as Huntsville! IMO.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:06 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
Joe Car wrote:No, I believe it's from June 1 1975 Huntsville, Alabama show. He did wear this same outfit for the Pittsburgh 76 New Years eve show however.
And in Pittsburg maybe even a little thinner BUT not as healthy looking as Huntsville! IMO.

So true, especially the eyes.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:22 pm

WOW...My favourite jumpsuit. beautiful Picture, Thank You.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:35 pm

Little Darlin wrote:WOW...My favourite jumpsuit. beautiful Picture, Thank You.

It really is a beautiful pic!

Thu May 31, 2007 3:20 am

This must have been taken by Ed Bonja -- the cover of Elvis In Concert (RCA 1977) was taken either a moment before or a moment after the one you posted. Of course, the RCA image underwent a bit of retouching first.

Thu May 31, 2007 5:00 am

Thanks everyone for the headups. I'm glad people enjoy the picture. It's one of my favorites as well.

Here are three other pictures with the same suit. Does anyone know if any of these are from Pittsburgh?

a.) Image

b.)Image

c.)Image

Thanks again,
DJL

Thu May 31, 2007 5:30 am

The first shot above looks to be from 1975 judging from the hairstyle and facial profile.... although the sideburns look longer than I've seen in other photos. The second seems to be 1975 around the same time as the EIC album photos were shot; the third image looks to be from the Pittsburgh concert. The somewhat shaggy hair and long sideburns match other images of the New Years show, as does the style of microphone pictured.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken....

Thu May 31, 2007 7:57 am

b) is from June 1975, the others are December 31, 1976. IIRC, that's Steve Toli shaking Elvis' hand.

There are a bunch of great Pittsburgh New Year's Eve images on this site -- check out the "Jumpsuit Junkies" or "Picture Vault" links.

Thu May 31, 2007 9:30 am

The pittsburg video was one of my first bootlegs ;))))

Thu May 31, 2007 11:29 am

You can tell them apart, as in the middle picture from 75, he's wearing the original belt without the silver circles on, whereas in the Pittsburgh pics, he used a replacement / second belt that had those silver discs around it.

Thu May 31, 2007 11:55 pm

drjohncarpenter and Frankie thanks for identifying the pictures for me.

Also good observation about the belt Elvis wore at Pittsburgh, Darryl. I did not know that.

DJL

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:28 pm

DJL wrote:Thanks everyone for the headups. I'm glad people enjoy the picture. It's one of my favorites as well.

Here are three other pictures with the same suit. Does anyone know if any of these are from Pittsburgh?

a.) Image

b.)Image

c.)Image

Thanks again,
DJL

good pix from 31.12. 76

the one that you posted on an earlier post DJL is definately from HUNTSVILLE 75. . many thanx for shring these with us .

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:12 pm

No problem Karlos.

Glad you like them and thanks for the clarification about them.

DJL