Post here your Elvis' pictures

Shame

Wed May 23, 2007 8:27 pm

http://www.maxon.net/pages/images/customerstories/print/vernissage_03/shakespear_elvis.jpg

Shame. Someone spent hurs tomake thiscrap

Wed May 23, 2007 11:41 pm

Why isn't "Elvis In Concert" (CBS-TV, 1977) available on an official DVD?

I think we should be told !

Wed May 23, 2007 11:44 pm

You can almost understand why EPE has tried to erase that era and image from the public eye. That is how he's viewed by a lot of people not in the know. His musical significances all but overshadowed by the way he died.

Wed May 23, 2007 11:57 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:You can almost understand why EPE has tried to erase that era and image from the public eye. That is how he's viewed by a lot of people not in the know. His musical significances all but overshadowed by the way he died.

That actually is interesting. Where do those people see Elvis of late 70's. On TV and on al the productsis 1956-73 Elvis. Where does an average non Elvis fan person see those "fat Elvis images"??? I think theydon't see that, they just hear about Elvis being fat. Many people who heard that and saw CBS for the first time said he's not really fat

Wed May 23, 2007 11:58 pm

If the above cartoon is the image that Elvis has in the general public, then releasing the DVD would do nothing but help.

Thu May 24, 2007 12:13 am

Narek wrote: Where does an average non Elvis fan person see those "fat Elvis images"??? I think theydon't see that, they just hear about Elvis being fat.

Could be, don't know. Where did the guy that did that picture see an image? You think he could be an average non fan? When they see those impersonaters in jumpsuits they already know who they're impersonating, before they ever sing a song. Most of them probably couldn't name a song either.

Re: Shame

Thu May 24, 2007 12:51 am

Narek wrote:http://www.maxon.net/pages/images/customerstories/print/vernissage_03/shakespear_elvis.jpg

Shame. Someone spent hurs tomake thiscrap

Well I would have Put it straight in the Recycle Bin.

Thu May 24, 2007 11:42 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Why isn't "Elvis In Concert" (CBS-TV, 1977) available on an official DVD?

I think we need a new thread to discuss this matter.

Re: Shame

Thu May 24, 2007 11:44 am

Narek wrote:Someone spent hurs tomake thiscrap

I see a huge improvement since you got "Hooked On Phonics."

Thu May 24, 2007 11:51 am

ekenee wrote:If the above cartoon is the image that Elvis has in the general public, then releasing the DVD would do nothing but help.

Agree.

Thu May 24, 2007 12:01 pm

John Carpenter, what are you thinking of?? Why post this picture and further disseminate the image we all abhor?

Thu May 24, 2007 3:07 pm

A ridiculous image for sure. Certainly the `fat Elvis' image has been blown out of proportion and would not be harmed by a properly edited and officially released FTD of EIC
Rick

Thu May 24, 2007 11:31 pm

chris c wrote:John Carpenter, what are you thinking of?? Why post this picture and further disseminate the image we all abhor?

A careful reading of this topic, Chris, will reveal that I only presented the image that Narek was talking about in the first place.

And I did it to underscore the ironic comment that began my post.

Hope you feel better now.

Fri May 25, 2007 11:22 am

No, John, I'm horrified to see this image receiving further publicity. What would Elvis feel about it? - assuming one thinks that matters.

Fri May 25, 2007 12:10 pm

chris c wrote:No, John, I'm horrified to see this image receiving further publicity.

If it wasn't for dear Narek I would not have known of its existence, so direct your horror his way.

chris c wrote:What would Elvis feel about it?

Why don't you ask him?

Fri May 25, 2007 12:42 pm

I'll tell you what! I am convinced that the image today's non-fans have of Elvis is that of the f**king impersonators! In many cases, unfortunately, they seem to get more attention than the man himself. The majority of the impersonators I've seen in picturews are obese beyond belief and comprehention - almost as if they go through some mandatory common sumo-diet. Most of them look as if they weigh twice as much as EP ever did. They really bring down both EP and the impersonators that are any good. Not that I care too much for impersonators.

Having said that - I think it's is wrong to "hide" that period of Elvis' life, and even more wrong that the EPE totally disregard it. It is a severe case of doublestandardness of them to tell the world how pristine and angelic he was in his prime while totally denying what he was towards the end. CBS was also Elvis, and he did the best he could despite the mess he had gotten himself into. And I am convinced that no one was more aware of it than he himself. The fact that we - the fans - and the EPE are trying to conceil or cover up this special only fuels the speculation and dellusions that non-fans have about it. True - it's not good - but I say: "Release the damn thing in its entirety and in crystal-clear picture and sound!" That way there are no myths left. We have to get rid of the myths.

Besides, I think the special contains definitive versions of both See See Rider (apart from that stupid stop), You Gave Me A Mountain and My Way.

Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm

chris c wrote:No, John, I'm horrified to see this image receiving further publicity.
What would Elvis feel about it? - assuming one thinks that matters.

Don't be so sensitive !

The general public don't read this MB !

And those of us here are all adults.*

We can accept these caricatures for what they are............

* Well, except u-know-who

Fri May 25, 2007 5:29 pm

As somebody who takes prescription meds on a daily basis for my bad back, the meds I take cause constipation and the occasional gas build up, or bloating, though not to the extreme that Elvis had in these photos. Not a good day for our guy, obviously.