Post here your Elvis' pictures

colorized child picture of Elvis

Sat May 12, 2007 10:27 am

Sat May 12, 2007 11:00 am

Interesting, but it looks colourised.

A slightly more subtle approach might have suited this period photo better.

Some muted colours to give the effect of fading.

Sat May 12, 2007 11:09 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 13, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 12, 2007 1:15 pm

I agree, it is a beautiful pic but too colourful.

Maybe an idea for the wizards with photoshop under us.

Who can make this pictue look like a very old fade away picture.

If needed I have the black and white version too of it.

Sat May 12, 2007 11:38 pm

I've always liked this version.

8)

Mon May 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Terrible

Mon May 14, 2007 3:27 pm

Narek wrote:Terrible

It may be terrible, but it helped to shift a few albums when

this came out.

8)

Mon May 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Narek must have been commenting on the first photo posted. It's not very good. That background looks way too modern - in fact most of the colours do!

The LP cover is not perfect but much better.

Tue May 15, 2007 12:36 am

I Recolored the top photo i admit it looks modern and bright thanks for the tips ill try again :roll:

jess w :D

Tue May 15, 2007 1:09 am

One of the keys is to be sympathetic to the image -- for example, this was a shot of Gladys and Elvis visiting Vernon at Parchment Farm. It was not a happy occasion, and you can see it on their faces. To wash it over in garish colors is a huge mistake. The most you can do with that famous family portrait is give it a gentle, sepia-toned effect.

Unless you have a true colour reference, colourization is generally a waste of time. Just look at those awful MRS images for further examples.

Tue May 15, 2007 1:13 am

Thank you drjohn i never knew the photo was taken then i think im best to leave coloring pictures till i better understand what im doing with them
thanks saying that ive re done it but not sure how to upload

jess wade

Tue May 15, 2007 1:17 am

jess wade wrote:Thank you drjohn i never knew the photo was taken then i think im best to leave coloring pictures till i better understand what im doing with them
thanks saying that ive re done it but not sure how to upload

Jess, if you want to pursue it further, just remember that accuracy and sensitivity are very important. Good luck.

Tue May 15, 2007 1:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:One of the keys is to be sympathetic to the image -- for example, this was a shot of Gladys and Elvis visiting Vernon at Parchment Farm. It was not a happy occasion, and you can see it on their faces.

Cheers Doc, that's a vital bit of info I never knew. Puts a whole new meaning on the pic and their expressions. Very sad and belies the usual "cuteness" associated with the pic.

Jess in some recolourings I've done I find a contemporary pic and use a colour match tool to get the exact numbers for the skin tone and then set it at a high transparency level to go over a black and white pic with contrast and brightness corrected.

Tue May 15, 2007 2:12 am

POSTED ON BEHALF OF JESS WADE:

Tue May 15, 2007 7:51 am

TIGERMAN-GB wrote:
Narek wrote:Terrible

It may be terrible, but it helped to shift a few albums when

this came out.

8)

I mean the first pic

Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 pm

This is a nice one! Sorry about the scan lines.

Debs