Sun May 06, 2007 12:19 am

Tom Jones?

Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 am

LOL

You reckon?

Sun May 06, 2007 12:30 am

Little Darlin wrote:LOL

You reckon?

I promise I wasn't even being cheeky - for once!
Just got my first copy of "Elvis: The Man and his Music" today and was reading his intros of celebrties and there for August 28th 1974 after introducing Tom he says "He always comes in to see my show here and I go to see his" And this looks like Elvis 73/74.

I'm probably entirely wrong and someone will know precisely when, but at least its given you a little double skip in your heart to think it. :D

Sun May 06, 2007 12:38 am

Would be cool if You were right I'm sure I will find out soon enough.

And you're right the thought of Elvis and Tom in the same room makes My Heart skip a little faster :wink:

Sun May 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Little Darlin,

There are pics of Elvis and Tom Jones together at Tom's shows. Here's one...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/elvistom.html

There's another one that I can't find right now of Elvis on stage with Tom doing a karate demonstration at another of Toms shows - I think from 74.

Sun May 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks DarylMac..

Seems Conor could be right it's the same outfit isn't it?

Not a very Flattering Pic of Tom I have to say.

E-Cat (where are you btw?) posted some Gorgeous shots of Elvis and Tom together a little while ago...they are a Dream.

Sun May 06, 2007 1:27 pm

I date this either September 1973 based on the jacket and other b/w shots we have from that time of EP wearing it backstage or mid June 1974 based on the necklace he is wearing in comparison to a shot taken at that time in a hotel suite wearing it photograpged with a woman whilst some legal matter was being dealt with.

Sun May 06, 2007 6:25 pm

In the pic with Tom, Elvis has on a white shirt, whereas in the first pic, in the crowd, he has on a dark shirt, so I think it's different nights, but around the same time.

Sun May 06, 2007 9:04 pm

I think it's at the Vicky Carr show.
On the cd Desert Storm you hear Elvis talking about her.
I know that he was watching a few shows of her a couple nights before
he begin this vegas season.

Again it's just a guess...

Tue May 22, 2007 1:44 am

Doing Karate at Tom's Show.

Re: Who did Elvis go to see...

Wed May 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Little Darlin wrote:Image

Great looking picture!

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:51 pm

I wonder if any of these Tom Jones concerts were ever filmed professionaly. I don't think so.

But maybe fan footage? :)

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:59 pm

Renan wrote:I wonder if any of these Tom Jones concerts were ever filmed professionaly. I don't think so.

But maybe fan footage? :)

Do you mean Now or back in the 70's?