Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis & Billy Ward?

Sat May 05, 2007 1:56 pm

Image

Question, if this is Billy Ward with elvis howcome he did'nt

get to meet Jackie Wilson at the same time? I'm guessing

that this photo, was taken around the same time Elvis heard

Jakie's performance of Don't Be Cruel in Vegas, but it's only

a guess.

Has anyone got a date for this photo?

8)

Sat May 05, 2007 4:57 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 13, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 am

Good guess Steve, but you're about three weeks off.
The photo is from Elvis' November 1956 vacation in Las Vegas. Elvis was in Vegas from November 10 thru November 18.
So you're right Tigerman-GB. The photo is from around the time when Elvis heard Jackie Wilson's version of Don't Be Cruel.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: Elvis & Billy Ward?

Sun May 06, 2007 7:34 am

TIGERMAN-GB wrote:... howcome he did'nt get to meet Jackie Wilson at the same time?

Jackie was just a young support singer in Billy Ward's group -- if they met, it was just a brief hello. Of course, after Wilson had great success as a solo act, Elvis became a big fan, and they formed a friendship in the 1960s.

Re: Elvis & Billy Ward?

Sun May 06, 2007 1:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TIGERMAN-GB wrote:... howcome he did'nt get to meet Jackie Wilson at the same time?

Jackie was just a young support singer in Billy Ward's group -- if they met, it was just a brief hello. Of course, after Wilson had great success as a solo act, Elvis became a big fan, and they formed a friendship in the 1960s.


It just seems a bit strange that Elvis met Billy Ward &

didn't get to meet the one person who impressed him

enough for to him make a comment about him at the

Million Dollar Session.

8)

Re: Elvis & Billy Ward?

Mon May 07, 2007 8:50 am

TIGERMAN-GB wrote:It just seems a bit strange that Elvis met Billy Ward & didn't get to meet the one person who impressed him enough for to him make a comment about him at the Million Dollar Session.

How do you know they did not meet?

Re: Elvis & Billy Ward?

Mon May 07, 2007 2:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TIGERMAN-GB wrote:It just seems a bit strange that Elvis met Billy Ward & didn't get to meet the one person who impressed him enough for to him make a comment about him at the Million Dollar Session.

How do you know they did not meet?


I don't, but don't you think he would have mentioned it at the

MDQ session? You know the sort of thing " I met this coloured

fella in Vegas, he did a great version of Don't Be Cruel" instead

he says " I saw a coloured guy do a version of Don't Be Cruel "

or words to that effect, I'm working from memory here.

8)

Re: Elvis & Billy Ward?

Tue May 08, 2007 12:51 am

TIGERMAN-GB wrote:I don't, but don't you think he would have mentioned it at the MDQ session?

Not necessarily.