Fri May 04, 2007 11:21 pm

Fri May 04, 2007 11:24 pm

Fri May 04, 2007 11:26 pm

Sat May 05, 2007 12:21 am

Splendid shots Carol! :D

Sat May 05, 2007 2:27 am

Aren't they Stunning Conor...I couldn't hide them away any Longer :wink:

Sat May 05, 2007 2:48 am

That shot of EP and the former pope really pisses me off.
Considering that having EP that close surely would make him flick out a crucifix and garlic it would be more appropriate if the pic showed EP kicking him in the groin.

Sat May 05, 2007 2:53 am

FVH wrote:That shot of EP and the former pope really pisses me off.
Considering that having EP that close surely would make him flick out a crucifix and garlic it would be more appropriate if the pic showed EP kicking him in the groin.

I know some people persist in thinking Elvis is alive, but I've not until now heard it suggested he is one of the undead.

Sat May 05, 2007 3:08 am

The point was more that he is/was the highest symbol of the moronic idiots (christians) that had the bright idea to gather Presleys records and set them ablaze - only to flee from the scene as they were afraid that standing too close to the fumes would make them too be posessed by the devil. Stupid sh*t like that.
I just don't see the point in manufacturing such a picture.

Sat May 05, 2007 3:34 am

FVH wrote:The point was more that he is/was the highest symbol of the moronic idiots (christians) that had the bright idea to gather Presleys records and set them ablaze - only to flee from the scene as they were afraid that standing too close to the fumes would make them too be posessed by the devil. Stupid sh*t like that.
I just don't see the point in manufacturing such a picture.

Well then I shall step in here. You see Elvis-Priestly's real name is His Right Reverend blah blah blah (Forgive Me Father!!)

He is a Roman Catholic Priest.. .... just a Young Guy who happens to love Elvis and oh yeah THE POPE... that one happens to be a Favourite of His.....all be it a late one.

That Avatar has had no complaints whatsoever until You......If it offends You so much just avoid His Post's but let me tell me ya He is A cool Guy who will have You rolling on the Floor laughing. Oh and by the way what will You be doing on Your weekend off next week? Well shall I tell You where Father Connor will be going? To Lourdes to try and help His Parishoners find some Comfort from their Illnesses......I know which out of the two of You I would Respect More!

Bye Now.

Sat May 05, 2007 4:12 am

Well, I don't have much time off next weekend as I am performing at a birthday party - quite a lot of the material is Elvis' stuff. I'm not feeling too ill either, so there's no point in going to Lourdes. And I too respect a lot of things - selling false hope isn't one of them.

Sat May 05, 2007 4:32 am

FVH wrote:Well, I don't have much time off next weekend as I am performing at a birthday party - quite a lot of the material is Elvis' stuff. I'm not feeling too ill either, so there's no point in going to Lourdes. And I too respect a lot of things - selling false hope isn't one of them.

Aaaaahhhhhh! So You are A Wannabe and Not A I am...well good for You!

Yep like a Little Saddo I sat and waited for your reply..it's way past My Bedtime but I couldn't rest easy knowing I hadn't kicked Your Ass just A touch.

Not one word have You said about the Stunningly Beautiful Photo's of Elvis I have Posted....instead You took it upon Yourself to give Someone a Showing up all Because of an Avatar..sad so very sad.....I hope You can rest easy now and Please feel Better soon although I doubt You will.

Night........ :wink: God Bless

Sat May 05, 2007 4:22 pm

FVH-This isnt the place for your point of view of Christians. And you really didnt have anything to say so that makes your efforts even sadder. By the way, there is no such thing as false hope.

Greg

Sat May 05, 2007 5:44 pm

FVH-This isnt the place for your point of view of Christians.

But it IS a place for a pro view as opposed to a negative, you mean? A doctored picture of Elvis Presley shaking hands with the pope must clearly be considered a pro view. What's the difference?

And you really didnt have anything to say.

No? Then I must spell it out for you: I think it is disgusting that some people allow themselves to manufacture a false image in order to promote their religious beliefs. There is in essence no difference in manufacturing a picture of Elvis shaking hands with Hitler, who by the way represented an organization with far less blood on its hands than christianity (No, I don't condone nazism either).

By the way, there is no such thing as false hope.

If you tell a terminally ill person that -through praying to, or putting your trust otherwise in whatever invisible entity you might come up with - there is hope - then you give that person false hope.

I will not discuss this any further with anyone since this is not a religious forum - something that would be the last thing I would look up on the net; mankind does in no way posess the intelligence to deal with religion of any kind, so there's no point.

I just wanted to say that I strongly oppose to the abuse of the image in question.

Sat May 05, 2007 7:11 pm

The notion of "avatar" as used online derives from the Hindu belief in a deity's ability to manifest itself in the human world. The form they took on was a representation of who they were in the realm of the divine. This is a common mode of iconography employed, perhaps most famously, in ancient Egyptian civilisation - where the gods would be represented by animals which symbolised their characteristics.

It has been translated to the online world as a way for people to picture their identity and character. For me it's the picture I made of Elvis shaking hands with Pope John Paul II - fairly good representation of me as they are both heroes of mine.

It is not a billboard, an attempt to evangelise or any such thing - it is an "avatar" an online representation of something of who I am.

On this forum we see many "avatars" from Elvis superimposed on Che Guevara, through gif images of attractive ladies to animals/pets. I do not see these as promoting communism, encouraging me to become a pole dancer or morph into a hamster. They are those people's chosen representation in the limited space allowed. Some people, in fact, choose not to have an avatar but I don't take this as a promotion of nihilism or presume it means they are devoid of personality.

A fine example of this avatar phenomenon may be Elvis in Aloha: who does he become, represent himself as? America itself. Or even a glance at the wonderful pictures which Carol started this thread with, there we see Elvis's avatar as entertainer par excellence.

Sat May 05, 2007 9:08 pm

Just ignore FVH you all, he is obviously just trying to start a fight. Conor is a good guy, if you take the time to get to know him. Just because he has chosen to be open about his beliefs, does not give FVH the right to start running from his hole in the head. Don't let him get to you all :wink: I'm sure this thread will be deleted soon enough, when Paul sees what's going on

Sun May 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Great Shots Carol. - this is one of my favourite Elvis films .

Many thanx for sharing these with us fans . :wink:

Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 pm

FVH, a tip for you, back away from your computer, go outside into the fresh air, take a deep breath and for christ sake smile at someone before you spontainiously combust!

ps. I suppose my avatar is promoting time travel?

:)