Post here your Elvis' pictures

Dates For These Photos From "Elvis On Tour"???

Tue May 01, 2007 3:48 pm

Anyone have dates for these two photos? They can be seen in EOT before the sequence when Elvis performs in San Antonio, TX but I know that they're not from that date...maybe Knoxville, TN? Here are the pics:

Tue May 01, 2007 4:53 pm

I think they have to be Knoxville, as he performed a matinee show wearing this suit, and both of these pics are in daylight. Perhaps the top one is leaving the hotel, the second is arriving at the venue? I don't think Elvis gave another matinee show wearing this suit / belt combo on this tour.

In the footage you mention, he's also filmed leaving the hotel in Jacksonville, Florida (the part where the blond girl is just speechless, before breaking down in tears).

Tue May 01, 2007 5:29 pm

DarrylMac wrote:I think they have to be Knoxville, as he performed a matinee show wearing this suit, and both of these pics are in daylight. Perhaps the top one is leaving the hotel, the second is arriving at the venue? I don't think Elvis gave another matinee show wearing this suit / belt combo on this tour.

In the footage you mention, he's also filmed leaving the hotel in Jacksonville, Florida (the part where the blond girl is just speechless, before breaking down in tears).

Thanks, DarrylMac! I figured that Knoxville, TN might be the date but wasn't sure.

Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 pm

The top photo in the hallway marks the place in the film where Elvis puts on the famous grin and rounds the hallway corner (with more hallway obviously in the distance), and then the film cuts to him exiting into daylight outside from his hotel in Jacksonville, FL and getting in a limo for his concert there.

The entrance sequence is odd in that Elvis enters through a set of admission doors instead of through a back or service entrance as was normally used.

Wed May 02, 2007 9:34 am

some alternates

Re: Dates For These Photos From "Elvis On Tour"???

Wed May 02, 2007 10:21 am

Tony Trout wrote:Anyone have dates for these two photos?

Judging by his hair, the glasses, the jumpsuits and the locations, I would say 1972.

Wed May 02, 2007 3:39 pm

ColinB wrote:

Judging by his hair, the glasses, the jumpsuits and the locations, I would say 1972.

Colin,

I know the pics are from 1972...I was just wondering 'bout the location of the pictures. They're from Knoxville, TN.

San Antonio

Wed May 02, 2007 8:05 pm

What's greats pictures !!

http://www.rareelvispresley.com

Wed May 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Colin,

I know the pics are from 1972...I was just wondering 'bout the location of the pictures. They're from Knoxville, TN.

Don't worry Colin, at least I got the joke.. 8)

Sat May 12, 2007 1:43 am

I'm sorry, but the two photos posted by Tony Trout are from two different dates.
If you look at the second photo you'll notice Red West in the right hand corner in a grey jacket while in the first photo he's wearing the red/white/blue striped jacket.
It's actually very obvious if you watch the movie. If we could just get a DVD release of the movie in perfect quality we might be able to see what it says on the arm of the girl standing to the right of Red West in the second photo. She looks to be some kind of official woman with a uniform on.

I always had both his appearances in that suit to be afternoon shows in Knoxville and Macon.

Now we just have to find out which photo is from where.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk