Post here your Elvis' pictures

70's Candid!

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Here is another rarely seen/ uploaded candid image :lol:!
If anyone knows the place/ date, please come forward!

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Great rare photo Funky.

This is gonna be hard to date as you don't see much of Elvis' clothes or anything else.
My first guess would be 1976 based on the size and form of his sideburns. But not much to go on in this photo.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:15 pm

This photo reminds of the one (which I cant find) of him driving to Tupelo (or at least that's what someone suspected).
Hopefully you guys know which one I'm talking about and can find and post it.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:21 pm

I'd sure like to see that trip to Tupelo photo (July '77 I guess)
Rick

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:21 pm

Jon, I'm interested in regards knowing about that photo ie. driving to Tupelo! It's news even to a self apointed 'candid' jpeg junkie, like me! Care to elaborate some more! Cheers!

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:23 pm

rickeap, two minds think a like, man! Look at the time @ we both posted :lol:!

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 pm

All i remember is that it's the same looing kind of picture, except Elvis looks like he's checking traffic to his left to make a turn. I remember people on this board dated it around July 77. And someone posted that it was from Elvis driving down to Tupelo "because he felt the end was near.." I remember that being part of the discussion, yet i can't find the topic using the search function..I also don't see the pic in candid central.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Very cool photo, shame about the quality. Could you guys imagine just driving down the road, look to your right and there you stare right at Elvis Presley. Man, I'd drive that car right off the road.
Hard to date, could be either 76 or 77...maybe even 1975.

Eivind

PS: by the way Funky I read this on an earlier posting: "Thefunkyangel has at least 3 of the visit to Libertyland on August 12th" Something I missed?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:24 am

It has always believed that this was Presley arriving home from Libertyland, on August 12th, but if you care to look at the jpeg file name it says 'Angie Simpson Wednesday 10081977440am' which basically says 10th August 1977 - 4.40am! Notice the slight differences in the alternate one below!

Even these could be from the 12th!

ImageImageImage

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:32 am

On the back of my original copy of the blurred one in Funky's last post it says "Graceland, Wed 8/10/77, Approx 4:40 am, Last time Elvis went to the movies, Angie Simpson"

I guess there is no doubt that these two photos are from August 10, 1977.

According to "Elvis - Day-By-Day" one of the films they watched that night at the General Cinema in Whitehaven was the James Bond movie "The Spy Who Loved Me"

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Judging by the length / style of his hair / sideburns, I'd say it was from a similar time to these pics - ie Late aug . sep 76. By October, his sideburns were much longer, and earlier in the summer, his hair had been much longer.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/090776.html

I don't think the pic is from summer 77 - in the pics already posted from Aug 77, and others taken on his 3 wheelers around the same time, his sideburns are much smaller than they were in the first pic.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/3wheeler0877.html

Incidenatally, some reports say Elvis was depressed, as he was bigger than ever by Aug 77, but in pics from the time, he looks pretty good, much better than summer 76, and those trimmed sideburns are much more flattering.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:48 am

True - the July-August photos look okay, although not full-length of course
Rick

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:43 am

Ad, I think the "Tupelo" photo referred to above is one posted about a year ago: EP looks to be full liped behind the door glass of the maroon car auctioned at Butterfields. There is is also footage of it I sent to you at the time of the post.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:55 pm

JD, are these the ones you were referring too!? Apparently, these were from the 15th (August)!

ImageImage

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:52 pm

Funky - are those 2 pics from the same day? In one, Elvis is driving, but in the other, he's in the passanger seat. In the 2nd pics, his sideburns look more like earlier in the year - maybe Feb?

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:09 am

I was aware of that DarryIMac! Good observation BTW! Cheers!

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:44 am

Yes these are those photos, but I disagree that they're from 15/8/77 - his hug sideburn is more like that seen in August/September 1976 - unless he shaved them tht day because they don't look that long in the very last photo of EP.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:25 am

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showim ... 33562&c=48 Courtesy of ForeverTheKing/ TCB-World!

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Is that the Stanley Datsun in the background?
Bel Air driveway, right?

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:08 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:JD, are these the ones you were referring too!? Apparently, these were from the 15th (August)!

ImageImage

That's the pic I was talking about. Wasn't someone on this board saying something about E going to Tupelo or am I stoned?