Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis At Stax

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:43 am

Elvis looks pale. Is the girl a background singer?

//Björn

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 pm

I'm not too sure who The Lady Is..I thought it was Carla Thomas who Recorded there too..

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:15 pm

The After Dark Exhibit of Elvis's Stax Guitar..Have never seen Him wearing that Jacket though.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but that photo's not from Stax studio! Let us debate on this as I have a few photo's that may or may not of been taken at that moment! I thought they were taken in Vegas, as early as the '72 Summer Festival!

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 pm

Inside essential Elvis vol. 5 is a photo of Elvis, wearing the same dress. It´s supposed to be from the july 1973 sessions.

//Björn

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:52 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but that photo's not from Stax studio! Let us debate on this as I have a few photo's that may or may not of been taken at that moment! I thought they were taken in Vegas, as early as the '72 Summer Festival!

You may well be right Funky.

The photo icon on my Desktop said Stax...that's why I posted it, will have to check over it Later though.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:46 pm

This series of pictures comes from a magazine/book that was published in 1994 called "Elvis and Bobbie". Bobbie Wren was Elvis's cousin, the daughter of Gladys's sister Lillian. The book doesn't say where the pictures were taken, but the similar series of pictures of Elvis and Bobbie that we all know was obviously taken in Elvis's dressing room at Vegas - Feb 73? I agree with Funky that this picture looks like Feb 72 Vegas, judging by Elvis's shawl-type scarf, and Bobbie's elaborate Vegas outfit. Bobbie died on 31st Dec 76, alas I think by suicide. I think this was the cousin whose death caused Elvis to say "I would rather die myself than lose another member of my family like this." Bobbie Jane was at the Aug 74 concert where Elvis first wore one of the two-piece leather suits. He said it was a gift from Bobbie Jane, and he recalled that when they were children she would shout to their friends, " 'Come on, you guys!' - and I would be left by myself."

Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:46 pm

chris c wrote:This series of pictures comes from a magazine/book that was published in 1994 called "Elvis and Bobbie". Bobbie Wren was Elvis's cousin, the daughter of Gladys's sister Lillian. The book doesn't say where the pictures were taken, but the similar series of pictures of Elvis and Bobbie that we all know was obviously taken in Elvis's dressing room at Vegas - Feb 73? I agree with Funky that this picture looks like Feb 72 Vegas, judging by Elvis's shawl-type scarf, and Bobbie's elaborate Vegas outfit. Bobbie died on 31st Dec 76, alas I think by suicide. I think this was the cousin whose death caused Elvis to say "I would rather die myself than lose another member of my family like this." Bobbie Jane was at the Aug 74 concert where Elvis first wore one of the two-piece leather suits. He said it was a gift from Bobbie Jane, and he recalled that when they were children she would shout to their friends, " 'Come on, you guys!' - and I would be left by myself."

Good answer!

Addendum: I uploaded the following sample sheet before, but can't find the thread right now. I am aware, that most of the pictures are circulating in regular quality, but this is just meant to be an overview. It doesn't help as far as the date, but these might have been taken the same week or even day as the photo series, where Elvis is i.e. pointing a weapon at a mirror (2nd row, right), which has been discussed in another thread.

Anyway another bit, if indeed true. Note red scarf Elvis just had his hair done. L'Oreal black dye? But the scarf also looks like what I call a tablecloth, which he is wearing i.e. during the EOT studio session. Did he snatch that from his hairdresser as well? *jk* I don't have the book. Are there more photos?

Google: Elvis hair. Too much information!

Cyber Club Elvisly Yours - Newsletter 4

...in terms of Elvis hair you can add the following: In the sixties I styled
Elvis hair for the movies Roustabout; Girl Happy; Double Trouble; Easy Come, Easy Go; Frankie and Johnny; Harum Scarum; Paradise Hawaiian Style; Tickle Me; Spinout and Clambake.We would arrive at the studio each morning, and before Elvis make-up was applied I would do his hair in his dressing room. During the days shooting I would be on the set making sure his hair matched scenes and was looking appropriate. Typically, I would have to redo his hair a half-dozen times a day because he was so active in the films. Although Elvis had a perfect full head of hair, it did lack body. Therefore I had to constantly spray it, and when it came to the type of shampoo that I used, it was a custom solution that I prepared. I always used a mild pH base, to which I would add vitamin E oil, Aloe Vera gel, Jojoba oil and other ingredients to keep his hair healthy and looking great. He also received from me regular shampooing, brushing and scalp massage. Pomade? Never! That was a no-no. The only pomades available in those days were detrimental: heavy and clogging the pores; they would have worked against the full, healthy head of hair that Elvis possessed and that I worked to maintain.

When it came to dying his hair black, I used a wonderful product from acompany called Lapinol, which is no longer in business. I later used Clairol or sometimes LOreal. On tour in the seventies, I would do his hairbefore we left the hotel or on the plane. Backstage before a performance I would tinker with it, making sure it looked right.

Larry Geller

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:24 pm

Clearly you can see that these two candids weren't taken around the same time as the Bobby Wren ones! I love debating in relation to date/ placing candids! Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page. Bottom image courtesy of ....
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 72273.html :lol:!

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Joseph Tunzi owns this photo. You can find an edited,black & white version of this photo in the booklet of the Raised On Rock CD (1994). They claimed it is from the Stax studio,july 1973,but maybe they were wrong. JAT is often wrong,as we all know...

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_waynejackson.html

I think these photos (with the red scarf) were taken in january or february 1973,Vegas. His face was still relatively slim,because he lost weight just a few weeks earlier. You may see a very similar face on february 1,1973...

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:17 am

Take a look at Paul's Elvis Page
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... scarf.html
and you'll notice that Elvis used this kind of scarf on more than one occasion and in blue as well. And didn't he use a yellow one in EOT?? Along with a blue shirt. Or does my memory play tricks with me??

I don't think this was some kind of protection from when getting his hair dyed or something like that. It's more likely to be just another fancy Elvis-clothing.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:26 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Clearly you can see that these two candids weren't taken around the same time as the Bobby Wren ones! I love debating in relation to date/ placing candids! Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page. Bottom image courtesy of ....
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 72273.html :lol:!

Hey guys, I just had a thought! Is it possible that these two are NOT from July, but from December instead! I base this assumption on how Presley looked in Santa Monica, October '73!

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:09 pm

I don't think they can be from September, if only because Elvis looks tanned in the bottom pic, wheras by December, after appearing in Vegas, then havign a stay in hospital, he was much paler. If you see some of the pics from Vegas in Jan, he looked fairly healthy, and slim, but also pale.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 pm

About the colour-photo of Elvis inside his car follow this link http://www.terrymike.com/tmj&elvis.html
and you'll see that the photo is from July 1973. Text on the page reads:
TMJ (Terry Mike Jeffrey) & Debbie are standing at the Graceland gates, July 1973. Elvis drives down in his white Stutz Blackhawk, and just before pulling out onto EP BLVD, he looks straight into the camera.

Thanks to The Fool in this thread for the link.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... hp?t=28732

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:04 pm

TMJ may of had the sessions mixed up when describing the photo! Presley looks way to big for July '73!

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Apparently, this was taken on the 23rd July (the day after the b/w car shot!)

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Funky.
I don't think Elvis looks too big for the photo to have been taken in July 1973. And as we all know, a picture doens't always capture us as we normally look.
The photo of Elvis and Kangh Ree is indeed said to have been taken in july of 73, when Elvis presented Ree with the car pictured. If you have seen the other photos of Elvis in his karate suit of 1973 you see that he's a little bit heavier than earlier in the year.
So I judge TMJ's memory to be correct when it comes to the color photo.
The black and white photo though, I really can't say for sure. He looks so different there, and I have never seen other photos from the same occacion, so I find it hard to say anything spesific about it. JAT could be correct, but at the same time it could just as easily be from December...or any other time for that matter :) Dating photos is sometimes hard...and more often than we like, we get it wrong. Still fun, though.

Eivind