Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis Trivia Quiz [Picture-based] No.1

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:14 pm

The very first Elvis Trivia Quiz in the Picture Section !

ImageImageImage
Elvis female companion urges him to show them "Vass iss ooze !"

But seriously, the quiz is to name the venue & the year.

Extra points for naming the chick & what the event was in aid of [because I don't know either].

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:59 pm

The girl is Kitty something. the year 1958. That's all I know.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:08 pm

I dont know the specifics,but is that Hal Wallis in the photo?
Jak

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:31 pm

New Orleans, 1958, march of dimes

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Colin

I give in..... PM Me with the Answer Please.....it's giving Me A Headache :?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:42 pm

These were quite likely taken in March 1958 at Frank Senne's Moulin Rouge in Los Angeles. The lovely brunette -- "chick" to you, Colin -- appears to be singer Kitty Dolan, a friend Presley met in Las Vegas, who helped him rehearse his lines for "King Creole" when they weren't having fun.

And that is indeed Paramount producer Hal Wallis to Kitty's left.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:56 pm

Thanks Doc.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:01 am

Well, this was a joint effort with pieces of the answer from several of you, with the Doc bringing it all together in the end......

Yes, it's the Hollywood 'Moulin Rouge'.

Strangely, the photos are erroneously dated '1964' !

But it looks much more like 1958, if only for that jacket.

Well done Doc & all.

I hadn't seen these before today.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 am

ColinB wrote:Well, this was a joint effort with pieces of the answer from several of you, with the Doc bringing it all together in the end ...

Joint effort? Don't try to wiggle your way out of giving me 1st prize Colin.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: Joint effort? Don't try to wiggle your way out of giving me 1st prize Colin.


:roll:

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:50 am

thefunkyangel wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: Joint effort? Don't try to wiggle your way out of giving me 1st prize Colin.


:roll:


You honestly couldn't tell that was tongue in cheek?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:13 am

The excactly date is March 11th, 1958. On March 10th Elvis and his entourage caught the train from New Orleans back to Los Angeles. He was required to return to Hollywood to be formally released from his commitment on “King Creole” by Hal Wallis and Paramount Pictures.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 am

ColinB wrote:Well, this was a joint effort with pieces of the answer from several of you, with the Doc bringing it all together in the end......

Yes, it's the Hollywood 'Moulin Rouge'.

Strangely, the photos are erroneously dated '1964' !

But it looks much more like 1958, if only for that jacket.

Well done Doc & all.

I hadn't seen these before today.


Colin,

I'm sure i've seen the middle photo in a book called the NME rock n roll years - it could have accompanied an article from 1964 ... or was it 1968? The book is a compilation of stories in the music journal - but i'm not sure if it is an exact copy of articles that actually appeared. So it may be that the photo was used erroneously in 1964 as a recent pic and the date forever stuck with it?

Andrew

Andrew

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:29 am

Mississippi wrote:The excactly date is March 11th, 1958. On March 10th Elvis and his entourage caught the train from New Orleans back to Los Angeles. He was required to return to Hollywood to be formally released from his commitment on “King Creole” by Hal Wallis and Paramount Pictures.


That's right because the farewell party (in which I have nine photos) for King Creole took place the night after (12th)!