Post here your Elvis' pictures

Ginger and Linda interview

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:46 pm

You might want to see those.

IMO 2 beautiful women with lot of personality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpB04o6u3sI

Re: Ginger and Linda interview

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:43 pm

riley wrote:You might want to see those.

IMO 2 beautiful women with lot of personality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpB04o6u3sI

Yes !

And that David Frost programme was great !

I taped it when it was broadcast but it got lost over the years.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:22 pm

A rare but beautiful picture of Ginger

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:53 am

Thanks for posting.

Watched it earlier..very interesting..especially Ginger..where she talks about how she would tell Elvis no about something and everyone would freak out because they always were YES to him no matter what..and they didn't like someone coming and disrupting the way things were ran for years and years i guess...kind of changed my opinion of her..

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:16 am

Ginger came across very well in the interview
Rick

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:25 am

Mee too I was really surprised over her.

And she said that some people should not have worked for Elvis because when she asked something to do they rolled their eyes.

I think she gives us a good picture of how the atmosphere was in that group.

A lot of envy and a lot of gossip.

Those guys had a lifestyle and every women (and possible futur mistress of the house) was a treat for them and their lifestyle.

So they kinda ignored her, spread rumours about her, made her look bad, took argues out of context etc...

I think they did the same with Pris.

Let's face it they did not want their boss to be married or seriously engaged. His lifestyle and his entourage were a perfect mix for ending every relationship.

So bad.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:42 am

DOES anybody know the name of the song that is played when Linda is talking??

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:41 am

riley wrote:DOES anybody know the name of the song that is played when Linda is talking??

Well, it's I Want You, I Need You, I Love You but don't know who it's by !

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:48 am

Colin B,

It is the second song I'm searching for. Elvis sings it, it is a seventies song but I don't know the title.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:36 pm

God was Ginger stunning to look at! Thanks for the link.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:28 pm

riley wrote:DOES anybody know the name of the song that is played when Linda is talking??

That would be "I'M LEAVING"

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have always wondered whether or not Presley consummated the relationship he had with Ginger. I base this on allegations about his quirky behaviour/ beliefs! Like I said, please don't take this the wrong way!

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:54 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have always wondered whether or not Presley consummated the relationship he had with Ginger. I base this on allegations about his quirky behaviour/ beliefs! Like I said, please don't take this the wrong way!

Because of his heavy....err.... medication, he wasn't always 'up for it' with Ginger.

But I'm sure they did get it off sometimes.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:46 pm

That we will never know. Only Elvis and Ginger knows what happened between them. :wink:

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:49 pm

Thanks Elton.

Can someone please help me and send me this song (I'm leaving).

Would love to have it , you can PM me and I'll give my email gladly :wink:

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:53 pm

According to If I Can Dream by Larry Geller (don't shoot the messenger folks!) Elvis was physically unable to conumate much of anything, but dealt with it by romanticising the whole thing, making out he was saving her til they were married. Given Elvis' general state, I can well believe that he wasn't capable, with all the drugs in his system, and I can get my head around the idea that by romanticising it, he was dealing with it in a way that didn't deal a further blow to his already shattered ego.

I agree that Ginger came over really well, and probably painted an accurate picture of the group at the time. Red, Sonny, Jerry and others weren't around, and Elvis was left with the stanleys, and people who didn't really care about him, except Charlie, Billy and possibly Larry.

I also agree that anyone who caused upset by standing up to Elvis would have been villified by the others, despite the fact it's exactly what Elvis needed.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Thanks a lot, that's a great clip!

I agree that Ginger was stunning... I've never seen her look as hot as she did on that show.

I've always wondered why she's had such a bad rep among many EP fans... she seems like a really decent person. Considering how young she was, and the state Elvis was in the last year, God knows it can't have been easy being his girlfriend. The atmosphere at Graceland can't have been very uplifting, either... The Fantastic Stanley Bros, an alcoholic Charlie Hodge.....

Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:13 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Thanks a lot, that's a great clip!

I agree that Ginger was stunning... I've never seen her look as hot as she did on that show.

I've always wondered why she's had such a bad rep among many EP fans... she seems like a really decent person. Considering how young she was, and the state Elvis was in the last year, God knows it can't have been easy being his girlfriend. The atmosphere at Graceland can't have been very uplifting, either... The Fantastic Stanley Bros, an alcoholic Charlie Hodge.....

....Dick Grob, Aunt Delta, various relatives with their hands out. I would have stayed in my room, too.