Post here your Elvis' pictures

Some 2007 Memphis pics

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm

On the third page. . . ;-)

http://www.suaveharv.com/groovyelvis.htm

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:16 pm

That kicked several yards of ass!! You have a great eye for photography. Beautifully done.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:45 pm

very tastefull...Thankz for sharing that..

Re: Some 2007 Memphis pics

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Swithin StCleeve wrote:On the third page. . . ;-)

Thanks Suave, ansd thanks for the jumpsuit picture hehe. :lol:

Francesc

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:01 am

AWESOME Thank You for sharing :D

Re: Some 2007 Memphis pics

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Swithin StCleeve wrote:On the third page. . . ;-)

Great looking pictures.
I am going back this year in August.
I can't wait to go.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:13 pm

I love the pic showing that they let out the Sundial Suit belt for Elvis. I wonder exactly when this was done???

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks for the photo of the suit in Tupelo. I saw it and too bad you weren't allowed to photograph it. I wonder why?
It had a great backside as well. Any photos of the back?

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:21 pm

merry77 wrote:Thanks for the photo of the suit in Tupelo. I saw it and too bad you weren't allowed to photograph it. I wonder why?
It had a great backside as well. Any photos of the back?

No other photos.

Any pics of him wearing this? It's not a 'jumpsuit' as such, but a stage suit?

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:47 pm

Really enjoyed browsing your shots - thanks!!

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:17 pm

Great pics! I just have one question though....were are the barriers that are usually in front of the stairs and in front of the entrance to the living room? What time of day did you take the tour of the mansion??

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:23 pm

Great pics. I love that Madison Square Garden photo. "It's a big place, man."

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:11 pm

Thank you, that was awesome!

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:21 am

Tony Trout wrote:Great pics! I just have one question though....were are the barriers that are usually in front of the stairs and in front of the entrance to the living room? What time of day did you take the tour of the mansion??

It's a bit of a long story, but I got, erm, 'friendly' with one of the tour guides. I met her in the Blues Cafe one night, I got chatting to her not knowing she was a tour guide. I didn't find out till after we. . well, y'know.

She let us go round after the place was closed a couple of days after. Her name was Elanor, or Helana. She wasn't just a tour guide as such, she was a tour manager, to give her the correct title.

She asked me not to take any photos of places that weren't on the tour, or she would get in big trouble, so we didn't. It's quite strange upstairs, everything's under plastic and it's quite cold, but very bright. We didn't get chance to walk up the front stairs unfortunatly, we got access to the top rooms via the stairs by the kitchen. You can walk around the top floor in a complete circle, all the bathrooms have two doors, if you know what I mean. It was fun but I wish she'd have let me take photos.
I'd have kept in touch but I lost her email. I've emailed EPE but no joy (I didn't mention our private 'tour') ;-)

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:33 am

Ha! You cynic you!

Here's a shot I did get on our little tour, but she begged me to stop taking photos after this one.

http://www.suaveharv.com/xxx4.jpg

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:14 pm

carolynlm wrote:Mr. StCleeve, not only are you a fantatic photographer, but you also spin a great yarn......
u....

It's not my fault Tony Trout asked his question on the last day of March! Now no-one will ever believe me will they? I should have responded tomorrow :)
Anyway, she did tell me never to tell anyone so I suppose it's best left that way. I'd hate her to get into trouble, she was a lovely girl.

The camera I used for most of my shots was Lumix Panasonic DMC Fx8. A little pocket camera, but very sturdy and 5.0 megapixels. Use the two second timer without flash to avoid camera shake inside.

Glad everyone likes the snaps!

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Cool stuff!

Thanks

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:04 pm

carolynlm wrote:I just had a quick google search of the camera and it looks good.
Tell me though, does it run on a re-chargable battery.....

Yup.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 pm

Swithin StCleeve I do believe you and am envious.
That photo of the living room IS indeed taken from an angle that you normally can't take.

You are one lucky son.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:22 pm

snip!

:D
Last edited by Swithin StCleeve on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:37 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Swithin StCleeve on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:09 am

carolynlm wrote:I certainly hope the young lady in question doesn't get into any trouble.

Sniggers aside. . (I could have posted a VERY tawdry response to that line! :wink: ).. I certainly don't want anyone to get into trouble either. So it's best for me to say we never had a private tour, and it's all an April 1st yarn from my fertile imagination.