Post here your Elvis' pictures

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Jth wrote:...why are there Bose speakers there??

Maybe they couldn't find any JBL's...

Seriously, I would bet there was a tribute week event going on at the time, as the man on the microphone appears to be George Klein.

Thanks for the info update, Tony. Interesting stuff.

Sylvain, thanks for the pic!

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:41 pm

Are you sure the photo was taken in front of Graceland? The land in the background seems to go up very high!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:51 am

Damnation, funky, you may be right about that. At first glance, my mind's eye told me Graceland because we've all seen a zillion photos of shots in front. But upon second glance, it doesn't look as familiar as that, after all. Good catch, chief!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:09 am

I thought it may of been Tupelo! I didn't notice it was George Klein until you mentioned it! GK sure had a short afro in the late 70's! Cheers, kind brother :lol:!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:03 pm

KHoots wrote:
Jth wrote:...why are there Bose speakers there??

Maybe they couldn't find any JBL's...

Seriously, I would bet there was a tribute week event going on at the time, as the man on the microphone appears to be George Klein.

Thanks for the info update, Tony. Interesting stuff.

Sylvain, thanks for the pic!

:)
Is the guy with the sunglasses on the 78/79 picture shaking hands with the crowd Scotty Moore ???

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:05 pm

That is a good question, sylvain. The guy certainly resembles Scotty, and he apears to be someone "important," as well. I haven't seen a lot of pics of Scotty from that era to be sure, though.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:35 am

I believe the shot was taken in Tupelo, at the dedication of the Elvis chapel in '79 or '80. The older guy looks like John O'Grady.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:12 am

You're probably right about it being Tupelo, doesn't look like the Graceland landscape upon an in depth look. I don't think the other man is Scotty, he would not have looked that old in 78/79 and I don't think he was involved in any of those type events at the time anyway.