Film locations

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/MIDEAford.html

This photo is simply AWESOME! KHoots, thanks man for pointing me in the right direction!

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Dealey Plaza in all her 'infamous' glory .. Kennedy went in alive and came out dead, in less then sixty seconds :(

John B
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by John B »

Hey funky, my friend and I did sort of our own "Doors History Trip" a few times and have been to most of those places. Pretty interesting to say the least. Just the stories I have of visiting The Palms bar down the street from UpsideDown Studios could fill a book, and they'd have to put it in the Adult section, lol. Anyways, I have to go to work now. Have fun! - John

KHoots
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KHoots »

No sweat, brutha, Funky! I have some pics of the Kennedy car, as well, but this one is as good as any I have. When I went to that museum, I had no idea what kind of items were there. Well, hell, I walked in and saw that car and said, "Uh, yeah, this is a cool place!" Later, I turned the corner and saw Lincoln's chair.

I figured eventually I would bump into Elvis's corpse--alas, it was not to be.

Awesome pic of Dealey Plaza, by the way.... :D

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Presley filmed the courtroom scenes in Follow That Dream on location in the second floor courtroom :D

One Courthouse Square, Inverness, FL 34450

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Brother KHoots, here is a much clearer shot of the infamous 1961 Lincoln :wink:

Courtesy of http://www.thom.org/gallery/vehicles/MIDBkennedydeathcar/

dreambear
Registered for: 19 years

Post by dreambear »

thefunkyangel wrote:Here is another place I would love to visit ...... happiness is a warm gun, momma!

I was there 2003. According to a guard, Yoko still lives there.

//björn

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

According to me, Chapman missed Yoko and accidently shot John, instead :cry:!
//björn, half your luck man! ie your 2003 visit.

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Continuing on with this road trip ... Presley visited this place on July 30th '61 whilst on a day off from filming Follow That Dream! Presley had to sit next to his father's new wife of twenty seven days :roll:! What's the old mole's name?

ImageImage

Weeki Wachee Springs Directions: Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE ramp north toward Orlando. Take the SR-50 W exit-exit number 272-toward CLERMONT. Turn LEFT onto W COLONIAL DR/FL-50 W. Continue to follow FL-50 W. Turn LEFT onto FL-50 W/CORTEZ BLVD. Turn LEFT onto COMMERCIAL WAY/US-19 S. End at 6131 COMMERCIAL WAY SPRING HILL FL. Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 53 minutes. Total Est. Distance: 221.88 miles. http://www.weekiwachee.com/

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

When Presley and his entourage drove from Memphis to Vegas, the best midway point, in his opinion, was The Trade Winds Motel in Clinton, OK. The best room, in his opinion, was Room 215. So he stayed there on four separate occasions. To preserve that memory, Trade Winds' management has kept the room decorated the way it was during the Swingin' Sixties. The suite (his entourage stayed in the other room) contains a black Naughahyde fainting couch/ Fold-A-Bed combo, green pile carpeting, and fixtures from a happy time gone by. 2128 Gary Blvd, Clinton, OK Directions: Along I-40.

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Cryogenic »

thefunkyangel wrote:Continuing on with this road trip ... Presley visited this place on July 30th '61 whilst on a day off from filming Follow That Dream! Presley had to sit next to his father's new wife of twenty seven days :roll:! What's the old mole's name?

ImageImage
Is that actually Elvis at the viewing window?

EDIT: I'm guessing it must be, since the banner appears to say "Elvis [something]".
thefunkyangel wrote:When Presley and his entourage drove from Memphis to Vegas, the best midway point, in his opinion, was The Trade Winds Motel in Clinton, OK. The best room, in his opinion, was Room 215. So he stayed there on four separate occasions. To preserve that memory, Trade Winds' management has kept the room decorated the way it was during the Swingin' Sixties. The suite (his entourage stayed in the other room) contains a black Naughahyde fainting couch/ Fold-A-Bed combo, green pile carpeting, and fixtures from a happy time gone by.

That's surprisingly nice! And VERY Elvis. Overtones of Graceland.

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Cryogenic »

It's probably just confirmational bias, but in some of those photos, he has the look of a person waiting for it all to end. Sitting next to a "step" parent you don't like? I know this feeling.

dolly Presley
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Film locations

Post by dolly Presley »

TOPIC THAT WONDERFUL! CONGRATULATIONS FRIENDS! GREAT JOB! ::rocks

E-Cat
Registered for: 21 years

Re:

Post by E-Cat »

thefunkyangel wrote:
John B wrote:I used to live just a few minutes from the area where they filmed much of Roustabout in Thousand Oaks California. I'd often drive my car or motorcycle through the exact spot where Elvis was run off the road on his motorcycle
Were you singing "gotta do some living......" (Wheels On My Heels)

ImageImageImage
Funky. this was taken on West Portero Road near Westlake Village (south of Thousand Oaks).
The location was also used for some shots of Loving You (riding down the road to the graveyard of Deke Rivers etc)
The movie location of Flaming Star was only 10 miles north (Cornejo, only a part remains)
and some parts of the movie location for Girl Happy was only 10 miles south (Cornejo..opposite Strauss Ranch)
the movie location of Love me Tender was also very close (Century Fox ranch)

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.