Post here your Elvis' pictures

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:34 pm

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/MIDEAford.html

This photo is simply AWESOME! KHoots, thanks man for pointing me in the right direction!

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Dealey Plaza in all her 'infamous' glory .. Kennedy went in alive and came out dead, in less then sixty seconds :(

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Hey funky, my friend and I did sort of our own "Doors History Trip" a few times and have been to most of those places. Pretty interesting to say the least. Just the stories I have of visiting The Palms bar down the street from UpsideDown Studios could fill a book, and they'd have to put it in the Adult section, lol. Anyways, I have to go to work now. Have fun! - John

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:47 pm

No sweat, brutha, Funky! I have some pics of the Kennedy car, as well, but this one is as good as any I have. When I went to that museum, I had no idea what kind of items were there. Well, hell, I walked in and saw that car and said, "Uh, yeah, this is a cool place!" Later, I turned the corner and saw Lincoln's chair.

I figured eventually I would bump into Elvis's corpse--alas, it was not to be.

Awesome pic of Dealey Plaza, by the way.... :D

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:19 am

Presley filmed the courtroom scenes in Follow That Dream on location in the second floor courtroom :D

One Courthouse Square, Inverness, FL 34450

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:11 am

Brother KHoots, here is a much clearer shot of the infamous 1961 Lincoln :wink:

Courtesy of http://www.thom.org/gallery/vehicles/MI ... ydeathcar/

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:20 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Here is another place I would love to visit ...... happiness is a warm gun, momma!

I was there 2003. According to a guard, Yoko still lives there.

//björn

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:44 pm

According to me, Chapman missed Yoko and accidently shot John, instead :cry:!
//björn, half your luck man! ie your 2003 visit.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:01 am

Continuing on with this road trip ... Presley visited this place on July 30th '61 whilst on a day off from filming Follow That Dream! Presley had to sit next to his father's new wife of twenty seven days :roll:! What's the old mole's name?

ImageImage

Weeki Wachee Springs Directions: Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE ramp north toward Orlando. Take the SR-50 W exit-exit number 272-toward CLERMONT. Turn LEFT onto W COLONIAL DR/FL-50 W. Continue to follow FL-50 W. Turn LEFT onto FL-50 W/CORTEZ BLVD. Turn LEFT onto COMMERCIAL WAY/US-19 S. End at 6131 COMMERCIAL WAY SPRING HILL FL. Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 53 minutes. Total Est. Distance: 221.88 miles. http://www.weekiwachee.com/

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:47 am

When Presley and his entourage drove from Memphis to Vegas, the best midway point, in his opinion, was The Trade Winds Motel in Clinton, OK. The best room, in his opinion, was Room 215. So he stayed there on four separate occasions. To preserve that memory, Trade Winds' management has kept the room decorated the way it was during the Swingin' Sixties. The suite (his entourage stayed in the other room) contains a black Naughahyde fainting couch/ Fold-A-Bed combo, green pile carpeting, and fixtures from a happy time gone by. 2128 Gary Blvd, Clinton, OK Directions: Along I-40.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:20 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Continuing on with this road trip ... Presley visited this place on July 30th '61 whilst on a day off from filming Follow That Dream! Presley had to sit next to his father's new wife of twenty seven days :roll:! What's the old mole's name?

ImageImage

Is that actually Elvis at the viewing window?

EDIT: I'm guessing it must be, since the banner appears to say "Elvis [something]".

thefunkyangel wrote:When Presley and his entourage drove from Memphis to Vegas, the best midway point, in his opinion, was The Trade Winds Motel in Clinton, OK. The best room, in his opinion, was Room 215. So he stayed there on four separate occasions. To preserve that memory, Trade Winds' management has kept the room decorated the way it was during the Swingin' Sixties. The suite (his entourage stayed in the other room) contains a black Naughahyde fainting couch/ Fold-A-Bed combo, green pile carpeting, and fixtures from a happy time gone by.

That's surprisingly nice! And VERY Elvis. Overtones of Graceland.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 am

ImageImage
ImageImage

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:05 pm

It's probably just confirmational bias, but in some of those photos, he has the look of a person waiting for it all to end. Sitting next to a "step" parent you don't like? I know this feeling.

Re: Film locations

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:47 pm

TOPIC THAT WONDERFUL! CONGRATULATIONS FRIENDS! GREAT JOB! ::rocks

Re:

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 am

thefunkyangel wrote:
John B wrote:I used to live just a few minutes from the area where they filmed much of Roustabout in Thousand Oaks California. I'd often drive my car or motorcycle through the exact spot where Elvis was run off the road on his motorcycle

Were you singing "gotta do some living......" (Wheels On My Heels)

ImageImageImage

Funky. this was taken on West Portero Road near Westlake Village (south of Thousand Oaks).
The location was also used for some shots of Loving You (riding down the road to the graveyard of Deke Rivers etc)
The movie location of Flaming Star was only 10 miles north (Cornejo, only a part remains)
and some parts of the movie location for Girl Happy was only 10 miles south (Cornejo..opposite Strauss Ranch)
the movie location of Love me Tender was also very close (Century Fox ranch)