Post here your Elvis' pictures

May 29th '77 Candids!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:57 am

Paul, I noticed you have 52976 in the url address, so would it be fair to say that these candids were taken on the 29th of May '77 whilst Presley was leaving Philadelphia! http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 52976.html

ImageImage

Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:19 am

Mate, can you make an effort to post these pics right way up? :P

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:22 am

It's done to condense the images!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:39 am

How does Blah Blah Blah grab you?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:41 pm

I don't know Jim Dandy! How does blah, blah, blah grab you :lol:?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Funky, according to "The Life Of Elvis Presley" by Sean Shaver the photos are of Elvis boarding the Lisa Marie in Oklahoma City after his show on May 29, 1976.

Philadelphia was on June 28, 1976.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks, Brian :lol:!

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Paul, you may have to move these back one year :lol:!
Keep up the good work, mate!

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:06 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Paul, you may have to move these back one year :lol:!
Keep up the good work, mate!


The photos are wrongly named. They are from 1977. The jacket Elvis is wearing is the one he wore on many occasions that May/June tour as noted below - Shaver has the wrong date in his book;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 42677.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 50277.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 7port.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:04 am

Thanks, Paul :lol:!

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:37 am

Cool pics funkman. 8)


Here's Elvis wearing the same jacket a beleive taken on May 31st 1977.

Image

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:52 am

Notice the apple in his right hand :lol:!

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:01 am

Brad M, that '31st of May' image must either be from Presley' departure from Jacksonville, or his arrival in Baton Rouge! I wish I knew the location of most candid's! http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:08 am

Elvis on stage at the Civic Center
Image
Baltimore, 29th of May, 1977 :lol:!

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:21 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Brad M, that '31st of May' image must either be from Presley' departure from Jacksonville, or his arrival in Baton Rouge! I wish I knew the location of most candid's! http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html


Keith Alverson took the photo - I'll ask him and see what he says 8)

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:32 am

Thanks, Paul :lol:! I very much appreciate it!

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:44 am

Paul, unless my eyes are deceiving me, but it appears as though Ginger is also seen (between Elvis and the roller door) in this image, albeit walking alongside Presley. One has to look very carefully. Like I said, unless my eyes ...
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks Paul. Glad you told med that. I've moved the photos to May 1977 now.

So you can't even trust Sean Shaver to date his photos correct. Seems we'll have to date all the photos correct ourselves by detective-work so they'll be right.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:56 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:Brad M, that '31st of May' image must either be from Presley' departure from Jacksonville, or his arrival in Baton Rouge! I wish I knew the location of most candid's! http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html


Keith Alverson took the photo - I'll ask him and see what he says 8)


Keith´s photo list gives this information:
Elvis arriving at hotel - Macon, GA - 5/31/77

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:32 am

Presley, played Macon, GA, June 1st '77!

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:26 am

paulsweeney wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:Brad M, that '31st of May' image must either be from Presley' departure from Jacksonville, or his arrival in Baton Rouge! I wish I knew the location of most candid's! http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html


Keith Alverson took the photo - I'll ask him and see what he says 8)


Keith emailed me back to say;

Hi Paul.... good to hear from you... the shot you asked about.... it was taken in Macon, Ga...... May 31 1977.... arriving from previous show. Take care.. Keith

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:31 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Paul, unless my eyes are deceiving me, but it appears as though Ginger is also seen (between Elvis and the roller door) in this image, albeit walking alongside Presley. One has to look very carefully. Like I said, unless my eyes ...
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ple77.html


No, you are correct, she's there 8)

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:17 am

Thanks Paul for finding out the correct date for that photo. Much appreciated.

And it does appear that Ginger Alden is walkin with Elvis on his right side. Just have to look very closley :shock:

Brad

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:23 am

There is also footage of Elvis walking backstage (as per photo with apple) and Ginger can be clearly seen with him
rick

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sat May 19, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.