Post here your Elvis' pictures

Aug 16 - 1977: Elvis found death - Rare impression

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:35 pm

Not sure if I should post this (not intended to offend), but since this impression was published in a 1978 magazine, it seems that the Jeanne LeMay Dumas pictures were on offer soon after Elvis died...

Jeanne LeMay Dumas picture:

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Welcome back E-Cat

I don't know what to think about that Picture, in one way it's Beautiful but in another I don't think it should have been in a Magazine.

If we are to believe what we read then at least he had a dignified end and not a sensationalised one :?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 pm

This drawing was featured in the 20/20 Elvis Coverup story in '79. Based on what we've read about the death scene, the artist flattered Elvis in this depiction.

tqgcfn

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Hello cool site, thanks !!! 1172682177

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 am

elvisjock wrote:This drawing was featured in the 20/20 Elvis Coverup story in '79. Based on what we've read about the death scene, the artist flattered Elvis in this depiction.

Indeed.

Pathological embellishments aside, look at the way Elvis is drawn. He has not only got a deep bronze tan, but his back and arm look muscular, making him appear like a fallen Greek god. It's not realistic, but it is artful.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:28 am

Cryogenic wrote:
elvisjock wrote:This drawing was featured in the 20/20 Elvis Coverup story in '79. Based on what we've read about the death scene, the artist flattered Elvis in this depiction.

Indeed.

Pathological embellishments aside, look at the way Elvis is drawn. He has not only got a deep bronze tan, but his back and arm look muscular, making him appear like a fallen Greek god. It's not realistic, but it is artful.

It's about time it went the other way for a change!

Artistic Recreations

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:54 am

E-Cat wrote: ...... this impression was published in a 1978 magazine, it seems that the Jeanne LeMay Dumas pictures were on offer soon after Elvis died...

The Dumas photos were indeed used as a basis for the above (a non '77 pic. used to recreate a late '77 scene).

The Dumas bathroom photos were also first published in a tabloid and incorrectly identified as death scene photos. (The latter, btw, do exist, along with autopsy pics).

Actually, the above drawing was first published in a German magazine featuring an exclusive interview with Ginger Alden shortly after '77. It is not the same as those used for the 20/20 broadcasts.

The 20/20 artist reconstructions are more accurate - on a number of different levels.

-----------------------------

It would not be advisable to accurately display (100%) the true circumstances of the scene from that day - at least not for the general public / fan consumption.

Has anybody read Lacy's "Decoded" book?

For me ----> It was a frustratingly unorganized, inaccurate, & poorely executed, read throughout, ........ with mistaken and critically omitted facts, faulty critical thinking, & most glaringly, ......... in some cases, based on a complete ignorance of some of the topics / principles / details being discussed.

When one creates a long chain of arguments based on unreality ............. the end result is one of non-substance & essentially fiction; for the author has constructed multiple inverted pyramids of fantasy deductions based on the apex of erroneous facts / information.

I was initially even confused when reading some of the author's topics. That confusion later turned into shock as I realized the the author is hopelessly lost in some areas - not just factually, but also in terms of a basic understanding of the critical principles necessary to process any facts.

I applaud the effort, ........... but the end result is not one the author should ultimately be proud of.

A huge disappointment that left me with the feeling that I wasted my money (kind of a common occurrence in The EP World, but not one that I enjoy).

N8

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:33 am

Interesting to say the least.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Has anyone ever seen those death pics? Do they still exist??

Morbid yes...would look....YES!

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:28 pm

genesim wrote:Has anyone ever seen those death pics? Do they still exist??

Morbid yes...would look....YES!

I've read Vernon had them destroyed, but I really doubt a copy doesn't exist in the archive of Memorial Baptist Hospital (although demolished, the files must exist)

Anyway, JFK`s and Marilyn dead pictures do exist and are plenty available, so Elvis case wouldn't be different anyways. Another thing is that Elvis's corpse looked deformed when he was found, imagine how gruesome would had it been to see it in the autopsy room. Anyway, due to my field of study I have seen many bodies, so I wouldn't mind to take a look at those pics.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:34 pm

N8

Forgive me for being naive but You are talking about official photographs from the death scene and not those taken by someone who was there aren't you?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:50 am

Spanish_Eyes -

A lot of people in The EP World also misunderstand my own "fascination" / knowledge on this topic ----------> they think it is morbid, etc..

Kind of like you, .......... this is one area where knowledge meets with hobby. So, I fully understand your thought-processes here.

Autopsy pics. are important for in-situ documentation of pathology, particularly in cases with medico-legal ramifications.

---------------------------------

LittleDarlin (aka: sid) -

"Official" scene documenting photos, yes.

The pics are essentially of an already "sanitized" death scene (compliments of Delta / Rooks). The room was cleaned while EP was in transit to BMH (ie: long before Warlick arrived on scene to photograph).

Aunt Delta, MMM's, and all the entourage knew the score ....... and flew into action / cover-up mode as soon as EP was transported. Dr. Nick even came along later to cover his rear in the aftermath.

----------------------------------

Unique thread, E-cat.

Much appreciated.

N8

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:21 am

Totally agree Carolyn, that Impression is tasteful.

I keep coming back to see the detail in it.

They even have the sheen of the Marble surface down to a ''T''.

If you forget the circumstances of the Impression, it is Beautifully done.

Re: Artistic Recreations

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:24 am

N880EP wrote:Image

The image of the bathroom was taken from Presley' bedroom. So, to get your bearings, the toilet seat is to the extreme left (out of picture) and paralel to the front wall of the house. (Behind) the shower/ bathroom sink is paralel to the hall way!