Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rare 56' studio shots with blonde hair....

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:13 am

Two shots for sure & maybe even three shots
out of the four I thought are pretty rare...

Last one on the bottom right I thought
was the rarest as I had not seen it
too often if at all... :wink:

PEP 8)

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:06 am

I don't know if I'd call that hair "blonde," but they are great nonetheless. IIRC, these portraits were made for 20th Century Fox's promotion of "Love Me Tender," and taken in September 1956.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:27 am

his hair color is technically "dark blonde". i have the same shade naturally (it's that horrid dull shade that i used to refer to as "dishwater")--beneath the dark hair dye.

the thing about dark blonde is usually as a small child your hair is clearly blonde, but as soon as you reach your pre-teens or so, it suddenly starts looking pretty much a light brown with possibly blonde highlights if you spend a lot of time in the sun. and if you avoid the sun, it can even become a medium brown.

so, yes. it is correct to call him a blonde. dark blonde circa puberty + is such a dark shade of blonde that it is easily confused for brown. my dad and i started out as wispy thin-haired toe-heads and ended up brunettes--and i have a future of premature gray/white coming up. elvis had very similar very fine hair--including the premature gray/white.

interestingly, if you look at the hair near his forehead--it is very wispy and fine blonde hair--the rest of it is mostly brown or dark blonde, but there is still some sandy blonde there. also, all that hair product darkened it--the wet hair effect.

i've always been fascinated by his teeth. lisa marie has the same front teeth.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:19 pm

Here's another from same session.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:38 am

Thanks Brian..... :wink:

PEP 8)