Post here your Elvis' pictures

July 16th '75 Candids!

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:37 am

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... /ct75.html

IF these images are from New Haven, CT (on the 16th) then wouldn't they show Presley hoping into his limo from the airport (direct from the plane, after flying in from Springfield)? We all know Presley played the Veterans Memorial Coliseum (New Haven 16 > 17th) two nights in a row, so Presley (I am assuming) wouldn't be going out on the town in between gigs!
It may be that these images show Presley leaving New Haven in the early hours of the 18th!

ImageImage

They may even show Presley leaving Springfield (on the 16th) enroute to New Haven, CT!

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 pm

Not sure of the details funky, the date is from the book Born To Rock 8)

Re: July 16th '75 Candids!

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:25 pm

thefunkyangel wrote: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... /ct75.html

IF these images are from New Haven, CT (on the 16th) then wouldn't they show Presley hoping into his limo from the airport (direct from the plane, after flying in from Springfield)? We all know Presley played the Veterans Memorial Coliseum (New Haven 16 > 17th) two nights in a row, so Presley (I am assuming) wouldn't be going out on the town in between gigs!


here's a likely explanation:

July 13th

After the appearance, Elvis flew on to Hartford, Connecticut

In Hartford Elvis reserved rooms at the Hilton. He would make this his headquarter here for four days, as he performed two nights of shows in both springfield, Masschussets, and New Haven, Connecticut
Source: L. Cotten - Elvis on Tour in the 70''s



thefunkyangel wrote: It may be that these images show Presley leaving New Haven in the early hours of the 18th!


It makes sense to assume they are taken July 14 AM - arriving at his hotel in Hartford - or - as you suggested - leaving Hartford at the 18th.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... /ct75.html
Last edited by E-Cat on Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:25 am

I' ve always assumed these photos were from July, and I still do. The exact location I' m not sure about. Linda went with Elvis on parts of the July tour, but Elvis was at this time "mixin' his women up". Sheila Ryan was supposed to have gone with him, but fell in love with James Caan and left Elvis just prior to the tour. Linda was back and forth and as one can tell from the photos, Goodman was attractive, they met, he wore her as his tour trophy for a while...

See Linda with Elvis on this tour here: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

but in this photo dated july 22nd on Pauls site he is entering his plane followed by Miss Goodman. http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ops75.html wearing similar attire as the photos discussed here.

You may have a point though if you know the exact date miss Goodman came on tour with Elvis, e - cat. Great photos you've been coming up with lately, by the way...Rare or Not :D

Eivind

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:55 am

Eivind wrote:You may have a point though if you know the exact date miss Goodman came on tour with Elvis, e - cat.


Yes the exact date was July 8th - 1975.

According to (L. Cotten's "Elvis Day By Day" & Guralnick's Careless Love" ) Elvis and Linda rejoined in Vegas the month after.
Last edited by E-Cat on Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:09 am

I understood your point E-cat. My question would then be something like this: Why do we have photos of Linda and Elvis together on the July tour?
Or are you telling me it's not Linda on the plane in the photo I linked? he never wore this suit on any other tour of ' 75.
And this photo must be dated wrong (and could be of course) http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... imo75.html
or this photo from Charleston, July 12th:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/s75071201.jpg

Eivind

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:35 am

After having checked some other pics, I must admit that I tend to agree that Linda at some point must have joined Elvis during the July tours.
I will post more details later...and have edited my earlier replies accordingly.

Eivind wrote:he never wore this suit on any other tour of ' 75.


I think he did wear the same suit on 4 different occasions the month before, but I agree that the picture you refer to is most likely from July.

However, coming back to the original question of this post, I do think the Hartford picture was taken Aug 14 AM or Aug 18.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:29 am

Eivind wrote:I understood your point E-cat. My question would then be something like this: Why do we have photos of Linda and Elvis together on the July tour?
Or are you telling me it's not Linda on the plane in the photo I linked? he never wore this suit on any other tour of ' 75.
And this photo must be dated wrong (and could be of course) http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... imo75.html
or this photo from Charleston, July 12th:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/s75071201.jpg

Eivind


Here is Linda with Elvis on July 9th, so there is no reason why she would not be with him the next day...

Image
July 9th
Image
July 10th

Notice the glasses Elvis has on in both photos are not the usual TCB glasses. He wore these on the first few days of this tour.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:33 am

E-Cat wrote:
Eivind wrote:You may have a point though if you know the exact date miss Goodman came on tour with Elvis, e - cat.

Yes the exact date was July 8th - 1975.


I've just posted photos of Linda with Elvis on the 9th and 10th, so she must have joined him later in the tour and Linda is also in photos with Elvis on the 12th (below)

Image

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 am

Paul, the pics you post are awesome and very much appreciated, thanks again!

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:47 am

I'll say. Love that shot of Elvis and Linda in the limo. He looks awesome with those glasses on. 8)

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:35 am

Notice Linda Thompson standing inside the plane . . . Thanks Paul for his images!

ImageImage

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 am

Great photo's funkeyangel.! :D

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:47 am

Now, we've just got to determine what nights Presley wore the Gypsy Alpine! The only time I know he did was the last night in Asheville, on the 24th!

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:46 am

Funky.
Just a side note. Why do you feel the need to repeat information allready given in the same thread? If you actually read the posts and followed the links given, you would know that everybody else knew. Or is it something else you want to convey to the readers of this message board?

...Just wondering

Eivind

PS: He also wore this suit on the 15th and on the19th, 2.30 show.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:19 am

Just trying to determine the correct date of the airport images I uploaded!

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:17 pm

The funkyangel wrote: "Just trying to determine the correct date of the airport images I uploaded! "

which were images I linked in my original post, not?
Oh well, have a great weekend y'all!

Eivind


[/quote]