Post here your Elvis' pictures

1975 July 19 Uniondale, NY. Nassau Coliseum - Candids

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:45 pm

Leaving the Hilton for the afernoon concert

ImageImageImage

Arriving at the Nassau Colliseum:

Returning at the Hilton after the afernoon show

I am not too sure about this one. It could impossibly be that dark when Elvis returned from the 2.30 pm show ....

Arriving at the Nassau Colliseum for the evening concert

ImageImage

Arriving at Hilton after the evening show

ImageImage

Leaving the Hilton in Uniondale

ImageImage

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:54 pm

All are Fantastic but the bottom two are a dream :shock:

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 pm

great pictures -E-CAT . i have not seen a few of tese before . thanx .

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:14 pm

Awesome images :lol:! Thank you ever so much for these 'classic' shots. You should be mighty proud of yourself for sharing/ uploading. Once again, I thank you :lol:!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:17 pm

E-Cat - these are just a wonderful wonderful contribution to the Board. THANKS!!!!!!!! The same goes for your earlier Philadelphia pictures. Just beautiful!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:43 pm

Wow! :shock: You always come up with the most intresting pictures...
and some of the coolest too!

Please, keep 'em coming, and thanks, E-Cat!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:55 pm

There's something about the way Elvis looked at this time. Although he's still heavy, he looks incredibly good. While the eye surgery played a part, generally, he looks like he's lost weight around the face, and seems very healthy. The company of the lovely diana can't hurt either.

It's safe to say he never looked as good again.

Thanks for sharing them.

I am not too sure about this one. It could impossibly be that dark when Elvis returned from the 2.30 pm show

No, it couldn't have been that dark returning from an afternoon show, as it was summer, so would have been light until quite late. But, the brickwork is the same by the door in both sets of pics, ie evening and afternoon. Perhaps they're maybe in a car park / underground somewhere? Maybe an underground car park leading to / from an elevator?

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Not wanting to sound crude, but I almost s...t my self opening this post! This must be among the coolest shots from the 70's ever to surface. Some of them I have never ever seen, and I have seen some. Thank you very much!

Eivind

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:28 am

WOW!! Amazing 8)

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 am

This is absolute a number one post
super

Thank you for sharing

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Wonderful - thank you for sharing.
A number of these photos are new to me
Rick

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:51 am

Awesome .....again a few new pictures which
I haven't seen before ...keep them coming :wink:

PEP 8)

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:04 am

My o my. Ecat, Thank You so much for posting these excellent pictures. The quality is just amazing. Now i'm deciding if I want to change my avator now :lol:

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 am

DarrylMac wrote:There's something about the way Elvis looked at this time. Although he's still heavy, he looks incredibly good. While the eye surgery played a part, generally, he looks like he's lost weight around the face, and seems very healthy. The company of the lovely diana can't hurt either.

It's safe to say he never looked as good again.

Thanks for sharing them.

I am not too sure about this one. It could impossibly be that dark when Elvis returned from the 2.30 pm show

No, it couldn't have been that dark returning from an afternoon show, as it was summer, so would have been light until quite late. But, the brickwork is the same by the door in both sets of pics, ie evening and afternoon. Perhaps they're maybe in a car park / underground somewhere? Maybe an underground car park leading to / from an elevator?

Having the lusicous Dianne Goodman around didn't hurt, wow!

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:29 am

Never seen this Diana before, but yeah, wow

He looks great still, and professionally shot photos!!! Wow E-Cat, you're high on the list on this board. Thanks once again

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:15 pm

E-Cat, although the photos are no less than magnificent I don't think we should believe all the dates that Borsari supplies. I've looked through the collection on internet and photos from 75 are dated as 1973, photos from same occasion are dated differently.

Looking at the photos in this post we have Red West in at least three different sets of clothing and I doubt very much that he changed clothes that often.

Pictures # 5, 10, 11, 12 are obviously from one venue as we have the same background but they might be from adifferent venue as we see Red West in other clothes as in the Uniondale photos.

In pic # 3 we see what could very well be Red West's arm in left corner wearing the same white jacket as in pic # 8

It is very possible that we have pix from three different occasions here but I'm at work right now so I can't check with my own collection and see where they might fit in. However, all the pix are from July 1975 as he's wearing the dog-necklage in all pix.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
Last edited by bripet56 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:18 pm

It would appear that this pic may be from the NY suburb Fresh Meadows. The closest Horn & Hardart (pictured in the background), that I could find to Uniondale, was in Fresh Meadows.
Was there a Hilton in Uniondale, or was he travelling from elsewhere?
Not being a local, I wouldn't know if this makes any sense.

BTW, awesome pics E-cat

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:46 pm

Once again a very nice post!!
A huge thanks to ya E-CAT, for help breathing life, back into "The Picture Section!! I enjoy them all! :D

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:30 pm

thanks e-Cat Great pictures!!!

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks again , my friend...fantastic..!!

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:07 pm

bripet56 wrote: E-Cat, although the photos are no less than magnificent I don't think we should believe all the dates that Borsari supplies. I've looked through the collection on internet and photos from 75 are dated as 1973, photos from same occasion are dated differently.

You are right and that's why - whenever possible - I never take any info for granted.

bripet56 wrote:Looking at the photos in this post we have Red West in at least three different sets of clothing and I doubt very much that he changed clothes that often.

Pictures # 5, 10, 11, 12 are obviously from one venue as we have the same background but they might be from adifferent venue as we see Red West in other clothes as in the Uniondale photos. In pic # 3 we see what could very well be Red West's arm in left corner wearing the same white jacket as in pic # 8. However, all the pix are from July 1975 as he's wearing the dog-necklage in all pix.

Excellent comments Brian.

Like you, I struggled with the very same and here's my theory:

- first of all I would like to mention that the background in the pictures 2/3+ 8 (with Diane) seem to confirm that these were taken when leaving the Hotel.
This means that the Diane Goodman pictures were all taken leaving the hotel instead of arriving at the Nassau Colliseum.

- ref. Red West in two different outfitts - in blue shirt with TCB pendant & blue shirt with TCB pendant with white jacket :In my view the pics as posted are described correctly: the shirt under his white jacket is the very same. In addition, he could easily haven off his jacket in the car when / after they headed for the concert.

- ref Red West in 3 different outfits: just compare the pictures below (pictures as posted above will show Red in very different clothing)...but if you look at brick wall - you will see that it is exactly the same spot. If we agree that this is the same spot, this also confirms that the picture info as posted is correct.

bripet56 wrote:The last two photos in this post, by the way, are NOT from July 19,

You maybe correct: it looks like the same spot, but a closer look learns that it is not:

bripet56 wrote:they're from Greensboro July 22, 1975.

Do we have more pictures of this date, because the pictures on the website below only proofs that he wore the same outfit:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ops75.html

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:18 pm

E-Cat - you are correct about Red West, he has removed his jacket in the photos after the concert.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:43 pm

E-Cat!

I just edited my post above as I just got back home and found out that the lower two pix were actually NOT from Greensboro. The photo of Elvis with his hand raised fooled me as the Greensboro pic but it's not. See photo below from Greensboro, July 22, 1975

I'll have another look at the photos now that I'm home and get back to you.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Thanks Paul !

BTW: I just checked this page : July 22 1975

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ops75.html

In the second picture we see a glimpse of Diane Goodman. (She was Miss Georgia at the time). However, in the last picture it is Linda entering the plane (in the Linda thread there is picture of her with Elvis in the car - wearing the same clothes).

I would love to think that both Diane and Linda were aboard at the same time, but since ..Linda and Elvis did not rejoin travelling together until Vegas next August..it's safe to assume that tour / airport candid's of Elvis and Linda together from this period need to be re-dated.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:21 pm

Lew Nyack wrote:It would appear that this pic may be from the NY suburb Fresh Meadows. The closest Horn & Hardart (pictured in the background), that I could find to Uniondale, was in Fresh Meadows.
Was there a Hilton in Uniondale, or was he travelling from elsewhere?
Not being a local, I wouldn't know if this makes any sense.

Numbers of H&H declined with the rise of the fast-food restaurants in the last decades..so if it does not exist anymore in Uniondale, it does not prove very much...imho.