Post here your Elvis' pictures

1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:30 am

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by E-Cat on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:38 am

Man we've hit the jackpot this these great candids...very cool pictures Ecat... :D

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:48 am

Great shots!!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:50 am

And the quality on that picture on the bottom row on the right is so good it looks like it was taken yesterday...amazing !!! :!: :D

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:53 am

and another one:

Image

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:02 am

FANTASTIC E-Cat those photos are amazing :wink:

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 am

yep i agree..they are... 8)

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:01 am

I just got one word to say.

WOW

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

74 philly

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:34 pm

They are so cool! It was a very rainy day in Philly that day. Thanks again.

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Can anybody tell me the exact name and address of the then Hilton?

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 pm

argentelvis wrote:Can anybody tell me the exact name and address of the then Hilton?



I posted this on the other topic where you asked, hope this helps:

In April 1974 the Hilton opened a new building in South Philly that apparently is the one Elvis used in June:

Philadelphia Hilton Inn
900 Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19148


A rude report in June 1976 indicates the tour stayed there again.

Rich Man-Poor Man
Larry Fields

Apparently Elvis Presley's feeling the financial pinch. Tubby and his entourage rented two floors at the Hilton Inn in South Philly Monday while he, uh, sang at the Spectrum. During his Spectrum concert two years ago, the Pelvis and his gang took over three floors in the same hotel ...

Philadelphia Daily News - Wednesday, June 30, 1976
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/185338697/




It's now called the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium.

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:05 am

Wonderful pics E-Cat! Thanks for the posting them. For some reason I'm just seeing them now. It was a very rainy day in Philly that afternoon and evening. But boy the shows Elvis gave us that afternoon and evening were hot!

rlj

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:39 am

Great photos, thanks for posting these shots. Most are new ones for me.

As for the article...."Tubby"? Please. Deeper issues must have been in play for that writer.

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:44 am

Image
Image

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks lanadelslay for posting the pics. The first one looks like there might be more to the photo than what is posted. Can you post the full picture or is what is posted the full picture? Thanks

rlj

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:56 pm

rlj4ep wrote:Thanks lanadelslay for posting the pics. The first one looks like there might be more to the photo than what is posted. Can you post the full picture or is what is posted the full picture? Thanks

rlj


Unfortunately couldn't find the full pic, just this cropped one :cry:

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:04 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:As for the article...."Tubby"? Please. Deeper issues must have been in play for that writer.

As the man himself said in June 1974, he "never appreciated the elusive abilities of Elvis." :)
fields.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Tom Wilson wrote:
FrankieRider2 wrote:As for the article...."Tubby"? Please. Deeper issues must have been in play for that writer.

As the man himself said in June 1974, he "never appreciated the elusive abilities of Elvis." :)
Image



Very much a mean-spirited column from Larry Fields, looks to be from the 6-24-1974 (Mon) Philadelphia Daily News. Any chance you can share the Jonathan Takiff concert review that's on the same page? Perhaps he was kinder.

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 pm

lanadelslay wrote:Image
Image


These photos and others from him leaving and coming back to this Philly Hilton were published extensively at the time (74-75) in movie magazines and tabloids as well as the legitimate press. The bottom black and white picture was used in the "People" magazine issue of "Elvis is 40".

BTW, who is the guy putting the black cape on Elvis in the first set of pictures?

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tom Wilson wrote:
FrankieRider2 wrote:As for the article...."Tubby"? Please. Deeper issues must have been in play for that writer.

As the man himself said in June 1974, he "never appreciated the elusive abilities of Elvis." :)
Image



Very much a mean-spirited column from Larry Fields, looks to be from the 6-24-1974 (Mon) Philadelphia Daily News. Any chance you can share the Jonathan Takiff concert review that's on the same page? Perhaps he was kinder.

What a knob.

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Very much a mean-spirited column from Larry Fields, looks to be from the 6-24-1974 (Mon) Philadelphia Daily News. Any chance you can share the Jonathan Takiff concert review that's on the same page? Perhaps he was kinder.

That's available here:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press381.htm

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:42 am

Tom Wilson wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Very much a mean-spirited column from Larry Fields, looks to be from the 6-24-1974 (Mon) Philadelphia Daily News. Any chance you can share the Jonathan Takiff concert review that's on the same page? Perhaps he was kinder.

That's available here:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press381.htm



Sometimes the transcriptions are off, and was also wondering if a photo was included. No?

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 am

Larry Fields was an awful, self-indulgent writer

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 am

Boy, Larry Fields... What a douchebag! :x

Re: 1974 June 23 Philadelphia Hilton - (I)

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Sometimes the transcriptions are off, and was also wondering if a photo was included. No?

There was a photo,but I don't have access to it right now.