Re: what's the date on this pic..

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:43 am

Brad M wrote:Image

My best guess would be April'77....

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:57 am

thanks guys...trying to find the specific date of it... :D

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:28 pm

Brad M wrote:thanks guys...trying to find the specific date of it... :D

Though one Brad, I have not find any picture were Charlie is wearing a white outfit (I'd assume he's the one standing behind Elvis) AND Elvis having his 3 left fingers taped (without a ring) AND Elvis wearing the mexican sundial suit (AND possibly the background singers in blue outfit). However, the ones which did came close were Louisville and Macon.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:30 pm

Steve_M wrote:I'll go out on a limb here and say it's not from 1977. This could be a 1974 pic as I dont know of any from 1977 of Elvis wearing a light blue scarf. This would place it in Vegas if it was but Elvis doesn't look 1974 ish, but he doesn't remind me of an Elvis 1977 model either.

Have crossed my mind as well Steve (Oct - Tahoe - 74) but it does look like a 77 pic to me. BTW: Elvis did wear blue scarves in 1977.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:17 pm

Right.

Elvis only wore this suit in Lake Tahoe in 1974 and not Vegas. It is definitely 1977. I have seen the pic before with the date listed on it. It also stated that it was taken during "Polk Salad Annie." I just can't remember where I saw it.

I'll keep looking.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:37 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:42 pm

Go to Fransesc's site and click on the 1977 pics. The "blue scarf" shows are plenty.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:29 pm

Steve_M wrote:Could you date the shows where it's known Elvis wore the blue scarf in 77 please.
Rob those pics are just red X's for me :cry:

Yes, Tahoe, not Vegas (that we know of or rather maybe dont know of)
FEB 12.......1st page of my 2/12/77 thread at Elviscrawler. Although none of my pictures used for ciscoking's live section..nevertheless in my great and loooong and and has best pictures of that show thread at elviscrawler.com................

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:57 am

This photo is in Sean Shaver´s Softly...I must leave you booklet, dated May 1977. The photo captions in that booklet are far from correct, though. For example, on the opposite page there is a July 1975 photo from Asheville dated as coming from February 1977.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:10 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:31 am

Thanks for all of you who are helping me out here...been looking but still no date...think we can rule out '74 though...

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:06 pm

@ Steve:

If you take this pic:

and compare with this one (well perhaps a few movements earlier) ..

you see that the scarf is white..what I want to say: it depends on the light...so your assumption Elvis just used white scarves is/could be right and would confirm Leroy`s research..

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Ciscoking wrote: and compare with this one (well perhaps a few movements earlier) ..

you see that the scarf is white..what I want to say: it depends on the light...so your assumption Elvis just used white scarves is/could be right and would confirm Leroy`s research..

Ciscoking, look at the drink cup he is holding. They are both different and therefore I doubt that the pics were taken at around the same time.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:23 pm

Brad - i would say this is from early April - 77 . i know that he wore the same suit in 74 at TAHOE , But he was slimmer in 74 .
nice pic to see as wellas the other 2 from
77 . :wink:

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:56 pm

karlos wrote:Brad -[b] i would say this is from early April - 77.

Early April tour dates were cancelled.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:08 pm

karlos wrote:Brad - i would say this is from early may - 77 . i know that he wore the same suit in 74 at TAHOE , But he was slimmer in 74 .
nice pic to see as wellas the other 2 from
77 . :wink:

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 pm

E-Cat wrote:
Ciscoking wrote: and compare with this one (well perhaps a few movements earlier) ..

Ciscoking, look at the drink cup he is holding. They are both different and therefore I doubt that the pics were taken at around the same time.

Obviously he had two of them...hmm..don´t know...perhaps just a few minutes of relaxing after Polk Salad Annie..one cup was empty ..he took another one...yes of course another show but the pics are much alike..coincidence..??

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Ciscoking wrote:@ Steve:

If you take this pic:

The picture is from two different occasions and the scarf in the top pic is blue. The lights have nothing to do with it.

We're making a little too much of this "blue scarf in '77" thing. It's starting to get a little ridiculous now.

I saw him in Louisville in 1977 and he wore a blue scarf or two during the show. Not that I noticed the color at the time, but I've seen many pictures taken during the show.

I can't believe I'm actually discussing this.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Rob wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:@ Steve:

If you take this pic:

The picture is from two different occasions and the scarf in the top pic is blue. The lights have nothing to do with it.

We're making a little too much of this "blue scarf in '77" thing. It's starting to get a little ridiculous now.

I saw him in Louisville in 1977 and he wore a blue scarf or two during the show. Not that I noticed the color at the time, but I've seen many pictures taken during the show.

Hi Rob!

I love blue scarfs.
Can you tell me during which songs he wore them?
How long did it take before he tossed them into the audience?

Do you think Charlie recommended a different colour,
because changes in the setlist didn't happen?

Thanks for your help!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm

Rob wrote:I saw him in Louisville in 1977 and he wore a blue scarf or two during the show. Not that I noticed the color at the time, but I've seen many pictures taken during the show.

I still think it's the lights :lol: :wink:

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:31 pm

I wouldn`t care either, friends....but there`s a background I can`t tell at the mo.....later more...... :wink: