Post here your Elvis' pictures

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:22 pm

PEP 8)

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:24 am

Kinda weird seeing some of the former Rama suits now back at Graceland.

Ironic, considering that they (EPE) initially sold some of them before, only to re-acquire later.

In the case of The Peacock suit, ....... they sold the belt in '99, because they didn't have the suit (was in possession of Lichter first, then later Rama) ......... and now ........... they've wound up back where they started in the first place ----> with half a suit (jumpsuit, no belt).

This, incidently, is also a pretty good example as to how short-sighted & inept EPE can be sometimes.

N8

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:29 am

N880EP wrote:Kinda weird seeing some of the former Rama suits now back at Graceland.

Ironic, considering that they (EPE) initially sold some of them before, only to re-acquire later.

In the case of The Peacock suit, ....... they sold the belt in '99, because they didn't have the suit (was in possession of Lichter first, then later Rama) ......... and now ........... they've wound up back where they started in the first place ----> with half a suit (jumpsuit, no belt).

This, incidently, is also a pretty good example as to how short-sighted & inept EPE can be sometimes.

N8

Everything you said holds true N880EP......

Ironic how things worked out.....

I'm still surprised in one way that EPE under CKx
would have thought Elvis A Rama was going to be
a threat for them in the long run....

As they really didn't have the best location in
Las Vegas....

Chris Davidson must have really had someone
looking over his shoulder.....he's One lucky man....

As we can only guess of course but I bet he
ended up doing pretty good for himself on the deal
made.....

Nevertheless it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy... :wink:

PEP 8)

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:40 am

PEP wrote:Everything you said holds true N880EP......

Ironic how things worked out.....

I'm still surprised in one way that EPE under CKx
would have thought Elvis A Rama was going to be
a threat for them in the long run....

As they really didn't have the best location in
Las Vegas....

Chris Davidson must have really had someone
looking over his shoulder.....he's One lucky man....

As we can only guess of course but I bet he
ended up doing pretty good for himself on the deal
made.....

Nevertheless it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy... :wink:

PEP 8)

Yeah, ...... I remember him when his collection was just a little bitty one and could fit into just one room.

My (!!) how time flies !!!

Perfect timing, all around.

N8

PS - I think that Chris has always kind of felt that his fate was always kind of tied up wtih EP / EP's Legacy in some way; it is, and is now part of the history books / EP Legend. The same can be said of a number of other private collectors out there. All share one thing in common, ....... hardcore life-long fans.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 pm

Am I the only person who now thinks that the jumpsuits look MUCH better WITHOUT the belts?

Like night and day.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:45 pm

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the belt for the Indian Feather jumpsuit ? Cryogenic, I agree, but only in regards the Red Phoenix! It just doesn't sit right!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:15 pm

It`s on the jumpsuit?
Look at the left side of the picture

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't recall seeing that suit in Pale Blue before.

It was worn a couple of times in 1974. I think it looked fantastic, but then, Elvis was in good shape for much of 74.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c740628.htm

It was also worn at the opening show in Vegas in August.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:38 pm

Susan wrote: It`s on the jumpsuit?

No, it's not!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm

This is what you're seeing! Anyway, thank you for your input :lol:! The third image (Huntsville, 31/5/75 a/s - debut outting) is the original belt/ buckle.
Birmingham, 29/12/76 with original Indian Feather belt buckle!
ImageImage
Charlotte, 21/2/77 possibly new buckle, but definately new front piece!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:03 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:
Susan wrote: It`s on the jumpsuit?

No, it's not!

Funky,

Look again, my brother...it is there....

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Tony - I think the point funky is making is that the belt on jumpsuit in the picture isn't the indian feather belt - it's the belt from the inca suit that he shows in his pics with the original indian feather buckle on.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:06 am

DarrylMac, that's it :lol:! Also, Presley wore an alternate Indian Feather belt during '76 and '77! As seen in the Charlotte, image!

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:02 pm

Funky - Elvis definitely kept the buckle from the original belt - here it is in Vegas in Dec 76, worn with the inca suit...

Also, in December, he had the new belt for the Indian Feather suit, complete with new style buckle...

This is definitely a slighly different design from the original belt from 1975. So - 2 questions. What became of the original 1975 belt, and also, what became of the original 75, belt, and also, what happened to the new 76 / 77 belt?

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:00 pm

Presley debut the alternate belt/ buckle combo in Chicago, on 15th of October '76!

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:49 am

PEP 8)

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:05 am

Beautific! I can't wait to see that display in August.......

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:45 am

Original link
http://pic5.piczo.com/dukebrando/?g=335 ... rc=preview

PEP 8)

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:20 pm

Here is a better photo of that rare black jumpsuit. I have never seen a photo of this suit before this display.

Thanks for this photo goes to my Finnish friend Marko.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:03 am

That Jumpsuit Display is STUNNING.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:53 pm

Do any of you know the total number of jumpsuits worn by EP fram 1969 to 1977?

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Does anybody has nice close up photos of the Cisco kid suits and the white way down?

It's too bad it's too expensive for me to go to Graceland alone for the suits and I've already been there in 2004.
Otherwise I would again make photos close up such as this:

And I mean close up!

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:55 pm

Some great pictures. All of the suites look fantastic!

Can't wait to see this new display!

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:55 am

As I've said before: I can't understand why they couldn't produce a deluxe picture-book containing real closeups - as the one of the tiger belt - of the jumpsuits. Front, back and pantslegs. If they're afraid that it wouldn't sell I would buy enough copies for them to break even. Those jumpsuits are works of pure art.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:04 am

I keep coming back to look at this Display, it's Fantastic.

The Pale Blue Phoenix Suit....Can Anyone tell Me when He wore it please.

I can't remember seeing it before.

[URL=http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jpbleagle205au1gx4.jp
Imageg]Image[/URL]

YES YES I DID IT :lol: