Post here your Elvis' pictures

Can someone date this pictures (I)

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:54 pm

More details are greatly appreciated....thanks !

1.Image2.Image

Image4.Image

5.Image

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 pm

#2 is a Len Leech shot. I believe it is from Hartford in July '76. The Orbison photo is a fake.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:17 pm

The fake one with RO was taken in Memphis on July 7th, outside of the Memphian if I remember correctly.
The bottom one with Linda was taken at a gospel convention in late 1972, probably september.
The live one with the flower I'd agree it's Hartford. Top left is 72, but don't thik I've ever seen a date.
The one left of the fake RO photo was taken on the 1st of July 1976.

Eivind

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:29 pm

elvisjock wrote:#2 is a Len Leech shot. I believe it is from Hartford in July '76. The Orbison photo is a fake.

Thanks Elvisjock. The Leech shot is really beautiful.
I guessed the Orbison pic was a fake, but since one of the entourage insisted that they did meet I just wanted to make sure.

Eivind wrote:The bottom one with Linda was taken at a gospel convention in late 1972, probably september. The one left of the fake RO photo was taken on the 1st of July 1976.

Eivind

Wow, thanks.
Eivind wrote:Top left is 72, but don't thik I've ever seen a date.

Thanks - perhaps someone else has more info

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:48 pm

The one from the Gospel Convention is from Nashville. We discussed this photo in another thread some time ago but I don't think we came up with more than fall of 1972.

In the fist photo Elvis wear the same leather jacket as well as the cowboy-chaps he wore in February 1968 when out riding his beautiful horse SUN.

Sincerely
Brian

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 am

bripet56 wrote:The one from the Gospel Convention is from Nashville. We discussed this photo in another thread some time ago but I don't think we came up with more than fall of 1972.

In the fist photo Elvis wear the same leather jacket as well as the cowboy-chaps he wore in February 1968 when out riding his beautiful horse SUN.

Sincerely
Brian

Thanks for the input Brian, really appreciated !

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:28 am

I'd place the motorcycle image to fall 1970, maybe October. And, IIRC, Elvis' golden palomino was named Rising Sun:

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:33 pm

Yes, of course you're right Doc about Elvis' beautiful palomino being named Rising Sun instead of just Sun.

Here's another where Elvis wear the same helmet and drives the same motorcycle. Said to be July 1, 1972.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:22 am

Thanks Brian and John.

Perhaps the year when safety helmets were mandatory will give us a clue ?

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:35 am

The photo of Elvis holding the yellow rose is hauntingly sad, look at his eyes and he has a yellow pallor to his face :?